Let's see some .410 conversion pics!

That is one sweet S-410 dinzag! I've seen it before but it looks just as sweet every time bro! What could you possibly be doing to upgrade that? (other than maybe a cleaning rod)

rbthntr64 I just thought of something else that may address your cycling problem man. Did you check and doublecheck to be sure your gas ports were going to line up in the center of the manifold on that slanted GB? I was going to put one of those on my 7.62x39 until I noticed I would have to move the gas port slightly in order for it to work with the gas tube and bayo.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not done yet. Waiting on the dinzag lower retainer and need to pick up a gas tube to butcher the upper retainers off of.  

Finished up my Saiga conversion this weekend. Pretty happy with the results and had a lot of fun doing it. Learned a lot about the weapon and would definitely take on the project again sometime (Maybe

Been stalking for awhile and thought i should start contributing. Here's my recently finished .410 build. Sorry for the crappy cel pics.  

Posted Images

Thanks bro! I have all the parts for my next upgrade. Lots to do!

Bulgarian FSB w/bayo lugs and rod holder, cleaning rod & real AK-74 brake.

Also matching bayonette. I bought a $5 polish bayo that had broken bakelite panels

and I'm shaping laminate pieces to match the rest of the furniture. :smoke:

Yeah, now I remember two reasons why I didn't tackle the gas block swap...

Gas port would need to be moved in the barrel and I still kinda like the ability

to change the gas settings. (even though I only use 3" ammo)

The black tactical plastic looks so cool but nothing, I mean NOTHING looks as good on an AK as the blond wood.

Blond or brunette...the age old decision!

The family that shoots together, has interlocking fields of fire.

I did move the port slightly and re drilled. The gasblock covers the old port. I opened the port again after taking the gasblock off for the third time, added a RSA gas piston and BINGO! She cycles! I fired six shots through her with no FTF and no FTE's. I will post a video as soon as I can figure out how to GET R DUN!

Edited by rbthntr64

That one is beadblasted. Most of them are 'cept for the 308 and a Romy carrier I have.

Those I use duplicolor ceramic engine enamel rattle-cans. Good stuff and seems to be holding up on my romy AK after several hundred rounds. :up:

The sprayed carriers actually are easier to maintain than the bead blasted ones. Cleaning, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

post-4575-1172462169_thumb.jpg

Posted this photo of my 410 last month. Then while looking through the thread I saw Cobras 410 with his vented handguard and I started to drool. A couple of PM's later I was off to the post office with my handguard in a box. Our friend Cobra did a fine job of venting the handguard and I think it adds a million bucks to her looks. Thanks bro!! :super:

Tried to go to my favorite range today and try out the Golden Bear slugs but the line for the range was out the door! Went to my next favorite range and the line was even longer. The range report will have to wait guys!

post-4575-1172462761_thumb.jpg

Hunter: AWESOME weapon! I love the triple OD look! :devil: And in MHO your punisher skull look better as well and .... naturally ...... I love the vented handguards. She looked pretty dang good before but I love the extream makeover. :up:

Dinzag: I know you are always working in your shop....let me know when you have a few of those Bulgy front sights available for us poor mechanically challanged folks! :up:

I never would have thought that either of those weapons could have been improved then ....Shazam both in one day! Common guys post some more pics! :super:

Hunter, Hell yeah, lookin sweet man! I really like the cleaning rod being used. I bet you like the loss of flex in your stock too... ;)

Dinzag I'm bowing in your general direction...AGAIN! LOL

Can't wait to see the new bayo!

• 3 weeks later...

post-5011-1174254715_thumb.jpg

My current pic of my .410. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of my FSB and Brake from Dinzag (you the man!) :super:

post-5011-1174254849_thumb.jpg

Here's the handiwork I did with my mags after looking around here for the method. . I have a 2 capacity (for deer this fall), 2 x 4 capacity, and a 9 capacity. All function flawlessly. :super:

The handguard on my .410 is from the Fiberforce stock set. I got crafty last night (GF is out of town until Thursday :cryss: ) And ended up chopping the stock off of my Savage .22 and putting on the Fiberforce. The end result is.

post-5011-1174255147_thumb.jpg

Some JB weld and a bolt through the Fiberforce stock to secure it. Took it out for a test run today. Works pretty good actually.

Will post an updated pic of the .410 when I get the good from Dinzag =) :up:

Here's my first post with my first conversions.The .410 was first then the .223.I am waiting for thumbhole stocks like Indys for both, so the ones on them now will be changed soon.

100_07921.jpg

100_07911.jpg

100_07891.jpg

I have been reading the posts on this site for awhile and think you guys are great.Willing to help newbies out with info and tips, thats awsome.Thanks

Edited by sks_sniper_clone

SKS Sniper Clone... that 410 is EXACTLY how my first one looked when I did it back about 3 years ago... I didnt have the benefit of this forum to go by, either... I had a FA trigger group laying around... and one of those WASR drag stocks... and I thought to myself... "hmm... I bet I could make that work...." and one night with a little liquid confidence I went to it!!!

A few hours later... I had my very first converted .410!!!

I was not too keen on the drag stock for hit for my hand, Though... When your thumbholes arrive, I am very confident you will like them MUCH better... They give a lot better reach to the trigger than the wasr drag style's do...

I think its funny... looking back on my first post here... I didnt know ANYTHING about Saigas, didnt think many other people did either... I thought I was king of the world that I converted one.. little did I Know... hahahahaha...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=1195

Ahhh... nostalgia.... LOL :lol: I feel like such a bonehead now, looking back. LOL

:smoke:

• 3 weeks later...

one thing no one can say about this forum is that its stuck up. . . ive had plenty of info/help from everyone i asked, and thats a rarity nowadays on forums. we dont have the usual "ive been here longer than you, im the master" guys lurking around, so it makes getting things done a whole lot quicker and easier.

i just got my galil handguard on with the dinzag-made HG retainer and it fits great. waiting on my sight rail to get here so i can mount my red dot sight before i post pics.

• 4 weeks later...
Cool HG mod - haven't seen that yet. Neat-o mag too. :up:

You talked about it before, but haven't seen it.

Same HG as always was. The green mag was the last one available in all of Russia I think. It's made by Prodiz, the same company that made the 10 rd counter mags.

I just replaced the crapco folder with a K Var Bulgie stock. It feels so much better now.

I thought I had posted these already...here's the green mag full.

post-1293-1178467516_thumb.jpg post-1293-1178467506_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cobra 76 two
  • 1 month later...