Let's see some .410 conversion pics!

BothOpen.jpg

Hhere are my new ones, top is the S-410, S12 is under it.

Close up of the Shark Brake

410shark.jpg

Close up of the action.

410closeup.jpg

Conversion was done by Will Hayden @ Red Jacket Arms

BHO, Galil Charging Handle, TDI Grip, Tromix Shark Brake, Tromix Folding Stock

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not done yet. Waiting on the dinzag lower retainer and need to pick up a gas tube to butcher the upper retainers off of.  

Finished up my Saiga conversion this weekend. Pretty happy with the results and had a lot of fun doing it. Learned a lot about the weapon and would definitely take on the project again sometime (Maybe

Been stalking for awhile and thought i should start contributing. Here's my recently finished .410 build. Sorry for the crappy cel pics.  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Cool HG mod - haven't seen that yet. Neat-o mag too. :up:

You talked about it before, but haven't seen it.

Same HG as always was. The green mag was the last one available in all of Russia I think. It's made by Prodiz, the same company that made the 10 rd counter mags.

I just replaced the crapco folder with a K Var Bulgie stock. It feels so much better now.

I thought I had posted these already...here's the green mag full.

post-1293-1178467516_thumb.jpg post-1293-1178467506_thumb.jpg

Any idea of a source for the clear mags?

• 3 weeks later...
Cool HG mod - haven't seen that yet. Neat-o mag too. :up:

You talked about it before, but haven't seen it.

Same HG as always was. The green mag was the last one available in all of Russia I think. It's made by Prodiz, the same company that made the 10 rd counter mags.

I just replaced the crapco folder with a K Var Bulgie stock. It feels so much better now.

I thought I had posted these already...here's the green mag full.

post-1293-1178467516_thumb.jpg post-1293-1178467506_thumb.jpg

Any idea of a source for the clear mags?

The clear green mag was made bv a Russian company called Prodiz. They also made the counter mags. A friend of mine in Russia tried hard to find me some more of those and even went directly to Prodiz's store in person. Apparently there are just none to be found.

Cobra,

I'm just starting to research the Saigas and plan to start with a Saiga 410 before adding a Saiga S-12. Although I'd like an adjustable LOP stock on a Saiga 410 (to shoot with my son), I'm planning on a folding stock for a Saiga S-12.

What right-side folding stock is on your Saiga 410? To verify that I am completely clueless regarding Saigas, can you still fire your Saiga 410 with the stock folded to the right side? (I cannot tell from the pictures if the folded stock is clear of the ejection port.)

I also like your sling attachment point at the front of the stock. Is that part of your stock? Or, did you rig a customized attachment point?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yes the sling attachment point is factory.

The stock is a Tapco Galil style and it does fire with it folded to the right.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I found the "AK Folding Stock Fusion Rifle System, SKU:ZSTK06150" at the following link:

http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?id=a803...14-f775339810d5

Is that similar to the model you have?

Thanks again.

Hey Cobra, Nice job on that 410. When I come down I guess I'd better bring one of my 410 select fire Baby Beasts down. I think I still have one with the CAR shorty stock. I don't know if you saw the S-12 with the CAR stock on it. I made the adapters out of metal and the stocks held up well.

Hey Cobra, Nice job on that 410. When I come down I guess I'd better bring one of my 410 select fire Baby Beasts down. I think I still have one with the CAR shorty stock. I don't know if you saw the S-12 with the CAR stock on it. I made the adapters out of metal and the stocks held up well.

Post some pics and/a video killing another van lol select fire .410 sounds fun.

Yep, same one.

Thanks, Cobra.

I plan on ordering from Will at Red Jacket Firearms once I've decided on everything I want on my Saiga 410. I'll combine ideas from your Saiga 410, warthog's and other info I read on this forum.

I think I'll give myself a custom Saiga 410 as a New Year's present.

Edited by CivilianM4

Great looking guns fellas!!!!

I'm going to start with a Romy Thumbhole stock convert....this one to be exact...

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=32590.0

I'm debating on wether to put the wooden foregrip (a Romy set) on it or leave it with the black plastic with some dremmel holes in it.

then I'll be contacting Danziggie for the muzzle break and sight post...and maybe the foregrip furniture holder thing...

at last...maybe a RSA trigger if it'll fit for some bump firing fun...

and finally some sort of scope perhaps...lights, laser, taser//

and then.....

Great looking guns fellas!!!!

I'm going to start with a Romy Thumbhole stock convert....this one to be exact...

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=32590.0

I'm debating on wether to put the wooden foregrip (a Romy set) on it or leave it with the black plastic with some dremmel holes in it.

then I'll be contacting Danziggie for the muzzle break and sight post...and maybe the foregrip furniture holder thing...

at last...maybe a RSA trigger if it'll fit for some bump firing fun...

and finally some sort of scope perhaps...lights, laser, taser//

and then.....

Hell yeah, have fun doing your conversion just watch your parts count, romy thumbhole stock doesn't count towards compliance, you will have to make up with FCG, and handguard, or gas piston. Post some pics when ya got it done . :up:

• 3 weeks later...

OK here I am, back from the dead.I was registered here, when I first got my saiga back in 2003.I din't lost my interest into this, just forgot the forum :P .OK I'm a bit back but not for long as I have to do my duty on Afghanistan.I am an EOD/Minesweeper of the Hellenic Army, Greece.Will be back in full scale on April 08.I have no time to customise my profile right now, sorry.Also I'd like to say that in Europe, we have lots of restrictions and rifled guns are illegal to the public that's why I got a Saiga .410 to remind me of an original Kalashnikov rifle.I've heard that in France saigas are imported without the semi-automatic function and you have to pull back the gun-lock every time!Well, keep that in mind and feel very lucky everytime you have your hand on a rifle or a pistol.

Here's my mod pic, I'll try to keep in touch, excuse my english :)

p1010174fg3.jpg

OK here I am, back from the dead.I was registered here, when I first got my saiga back in 2003.I din't lost my interest into this, just forgot the forum :P .OK I'm a bit back but not for long as I have to do my duty on Afghanistan.I am an EOD/Minesweeper of the Hellenic Army, Greece.Will be back in full scale on April 08.I have no time to customise my profile right now, sorry.Also I'd like to say that in Europe, we have lots of restrictions and rifled guns are illegal to the public that's why I got a Saiga .410 to remind me of an original Kalashnikov rifle.I've heard that in France saigas are imported without the semi-automatic function and you have to pull back the gun-lock every time!Well, keep that in mind and feel very lucky everytime you have your hand on a rifle or a pistol.

Here's my mod pic, I'll try to keep in touch, excuse my english :)

p1010174fg3.jpg

Welcome back nice gun you have there. How easy is it for you to get 10 rounders?

Preety much easy, fortunately.I got them from ebay, straight from Russia.The're illegal tho' for hunting, but you can own them for sporting.Sameway I got the SVD style scope+laser pointer from Belarus.The buttstock and the Paradox muzzle are original Izhmash bought form Greece and the bipod is an awsome quality Harris from ebay USA.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...