Saiga Range report

Hi all...

i got my new saiga last tuesday, it's a .223 with 20''BBL, all i can say is "this is the most accurate ak rifle that i have ever shot" but i'll get to that later, i'm going to tell you the short story.

i start off at 25 yards because i wanted to sight-in the red-dot , the first 2 shots where 2 feets away from the paper but after i worked that out i move it to 50 yards...

50 yards

pict0818dq2.jpg

then after a few shots at 50 yards i move to 100 yards (still sighting the red-dot)

100 yards

pict0821ur2.jpg

and finally moved back to 50 yards, but this time (still sighting) i was looking for groups and not accuracy..and i got so happy after watching that group

50 yards (final adjustments)

pict0823zo4.jpg

one thing is for sure... reddots are not ment for accuracy at 100 yards lol i can hardly see the shots because the DOT cover them lol i know very little about groups but...

question 1,

as far as i know the last group look under 1 moa at 50 yards right? since i can cover all 4 shots with a quarter..

question 2,

that would make it a 1.5 or 2.5 moa at 100 yard?

keep in mind that i was using a reddot and not a hi-powered scope (which i will use next time ) and i'm not planning on converting it.

gun setup:

Saiga 223 20''BBL

Reddot 4''dot at 100yds

Harris bipods

ammo: remington 55gr UMC

Sarduy,

Congrats on your new purchase. I have a 20" .223 Saiga that I have converted. A 1 MOA group @ 50 yds is very good for this rifle. That would convert to a sub 2 MOA @ 100 yds in theory. I believe that with time, you will find out that the .223 Saiga will not consistently shoot those groups. I find that my groups tend to the 3 MOA area in general. I shoot those with a POSP 4X24 scope and Wolf Military.

I hope you do have the "golden barrel" and shoot 2 MOA with regularity but if I were you I wouldn't be disappointed if the rifle won't. It's still a great weapon!!!