Going to production!

Actually, it's Hell Yeah! LOL!!!

(for all those who been around when this all started)

HellYeah! Wish you the best always Mike and everyone else. FMJ.

Edited by saiga12fan
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news for you and us.

My prayers are with your loved ones and hope that everyone is doing well.

I for one am not a panic'r, I've been watching the development of both WM and MD. Never even held a WM, but it inherently looked too hollywoodish, you know it looks good in the films, but in real world applications with and open design like that, reminds me of a certain french weapon of WW1, that worked great at the range, but was useless in the trenches, because of an open box magazine.

After over a year of watching I chose the MD20, because of it initial design. Like mentioned I'm not a panic'r, my other hobby is building large scale Sci-Fi resin models. And if you learn anything from that hobby, it's patience. I've had 56" Discovery from 2001, cost 900 clams, waiting now 3 1/2 years and like the MD20 it is almost ready for prodution.

I have owned my conconverted/unshot S12 for 9 years and I am just now getting back to it. Nine years ago, there was no forum for the S12, and stores and shops didn't carry anything for them. As a man of patience, I knew that eventualy it would filter out, and the great minds of americian and others ingenuity would rise to the task, and they did not disappoint me. HUZZAH.

But it seems that my previous 6-8 years of not being involved, has actually limited me. Now I am having trouble finding parts for a conversion. I wont go into detail, but it seems alot of S12 stuff is OOP or never in stock. I may not have all the parts I need, but I do have an S12 and I have paid for a MD drum, so I have at least 2 things that will always be in demand.

Mike has displayed a quality R&D, Manufacturing, QC/A, and Communication to the community at large, that is rerely seen these days. My hat's off to Mike, and MDArms, for birthing this wonderful product. HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH !

P.S. As a side note, I walked into my local range yesterday here in Las Vegas, to inquire about range times and fees (yep, I'm actually gonna shoot it). And asked the man behind the counter if I could bring my S12 in to shoot.....blank stare.....ahh....a Saiga 12.........blank stare...."what's that?" My response....blank stare......A rotating bolt, gas recoil, box fed 12 guage AK variant......blank stare......I've got it in the trunk if you wanna see it...........ah yeah....5 minutes later, the entire shop was around looking at it, like it was made of platnium......And it came to me, that most FFL counter clerks are like car sales men, they know it's a gun, but don't actually know anything about guns.

Hope you all stay safe and you can stop biting your nails, the drum is on its way.........HUZZAH !

post-8836-1209163035_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gothmog

Thanks for the e-mail with the link to this thread and the heads up, Mike. I have 26 of the 10-rounders to tie me over until my two new 20's arrive. :smoke:

Glad to hear everyone's OK Mike. It's rare that people will take the time to take care of their family anymore. Good man, Mike!

...Is that powder and hot oil I smell???????

I'll bet someone will piss off the range Nazis the very first time they shoot their new drum!

This is great news for you and us.

My prayers are with your loved ones and hope that everyone is doing well.

I for one am not a panic'r, I've been watching the development of both WM and MD. Never even held a WM, but it inherently looked too hollywoodish, you know it looks good in the films, but in real world applications with and open design like that, reminds me of a certain french weapon of WW1, that worked great at the range, but was useless in the trenches, because of an open box magazine.

After over a year of watching I chose the MD20, because of it initial design. Like mentioned I'm not a panic'r, my other hobby is building large scale Sci-Fi resin models. And if you learn anything from that hobby, it's patience. I've had 56" Discovery from 2001, cost 900 clams, waiting now 3 1/2 years and like the MD20 it is almost ready for prodution.

I have owned my conconverted/unshot S12 for 9 years and I am just now getting back to it. Nine years ago, there was no forum for the S12, and stores and shops didn't carry anything for them. As a man of patience, I knew that eventualy it would filter out, and the great minds of americian and others ingenuity would rise to the task, and they did not disappoint me. HUZZAH.

But it seems that my previous 6-8 years of not being involved, has actually limited me. Now I am having trouble finding parts for a conversion. I wont go into detail, but it seems alot of S12 stuff is OOP or never in stock. I may not have all the parts I need, but I do have an S12 and I have paid for a MD drum, so I have at least 2 things that will always be in demand.

Mike has displayed a quality R&D, Manufacturing, QC/A, and Communication to the community at large, that is rerely seen these days. My hat's off to Mike, and MDArms, for birthing this wonderful product. HUZZAH, HUZZAH, HUZZAH !

P.S. As a side note, I walked into my local range yesterday here in Las Vegas, to inquire about range times and fees (yep, I'm actually gonna shoot it). And asked the man behind the counter if I could bring my S12 in to shoot.....blank stare.....ahh....a Saiga 12.........blank stare...."what's that?" My response....blank stare......A rotating bolt, gas recoil, box fed 12 guage AK variant......blank stare......I've got it in the trunk if you wanna see it...........ah yeah....5 minutes later, the entire shop was around looking at it, like it was made of platnium......And it came to me, that most FFL counter clerks are like car sales men, they know it's a gun, but don't actually know anything about guns.

Hope you all stay safe and you can stop biting your nails, the drum is on its way.........HUZZAH !

Yeah, you can't take an S-12 anywhere without drawing a crowd. People freak the fuck out when they see one in action. Someone always asks me how much I want for it, as if it was even for sale. It will only be worse with the 20 round drums. :super:

I'll bet someone will piss off the range Nazis the very first time they shoot their new drum!

That is the one thing good about my range, its unsupervised. Im gonna have to get some cheap birdshot and try my hand at bumpfiring one drum.

Hi my name is Joe and I have a problem with shooting my gun fast...and typing on laptops

Both my wife and I caught that nasty flu last month but luckly my baby (5mo old) never got sick. Certainly no fun.

Looks like the first run already sold out. Bet the next one will too. Luckily bought two and a spring when they were available.

Mike you have NOTHING to be sorry for at all!!!! I can only speak for myself BUT I'm sure many here share the feelings----I noticed that you hadn't been on for a while and was concerned that something happened/was going on in your life that was taking you away from what you enjoy---you have always struck me as someone that had their priorities straight and that you would take care of yourself/family first and then get back to your other family here.....this was exactly the case and I'm glad to hear that your mom is on the mend. It again says a lot about you and what you stand for---I know that some took concern for people thinking you had up and run or whatever but I think that most would agree that we were worried about one of your "family" here and that they might be going through tough times.......the drums will come but family comes FIRST...good for you!!!

Don't get me wrong I can't wait for my drums to arrive and was thrilled to get my email but after reading your post here I'm more happy to hear that you got everything taken care of first!!!

Hi my name is Joe and I have a problem with shooting my gun fast...and typing on laptops

LOL.

To be honest, I bet it did Mike good to get away from all of the when when when when why why why why why for a while though.

He was probably ready to start pulling his hair our LOL I know I would have been.

Mike,

As much as we all like to come here to pass the time, get informed, or whatever else we may come here for, family will always be and should always be first and foremost in your mind, in my mind, and in everyone else's minds. I hope your mother is better and she will be in our prayers. Just take care of what's really important. Remember, we on the forum will be waiting patiently here for you when you are ready. Give your mom our regards.

nyclu3

Family first, all else second.

I'll second that. I can wait til they get sent, I've got 4 10 rounders, 2 5 rounders and 2 s12's. It doesn't matter if I have to reload twice as much as long as you and your folks are doing okay. I'll just load up both guns and shoot with 1 in each hand, instant 20 rounder.

Seriously though, get to us when you can, after your folks, family first...............................but since your almost ready, about those magwells and lrbho ..................... kidding, stay well

Thanks for your dedication to this project Mike, with its completion you will be able to not only brush off all the comments of all the impatient individuals and naysayers, but you will be able to throw 20 round of lead downrange at all the comments mentally and know what it actually feels like. I too will keep your family in my prayers, my great grandmother is turning 90 this coming 5th. We are all extremely happy for you and, now, for ourselves. :smoke: