Going to production!

First I'm sorry for my absences. My mother was very sick for a couple weeks with the damn super flu. On top of it being tax season. Plus everything else life throws... Also thanks to those that called and made me aware there was a panic starting. I haven't read all the threads yet but will. I probably won't be able too today because it is my grandfather's 88th birthday. But again I am sorry for ANY worries or concerns.

The tool builders completed the adjustments to the molds. I am in the process of having the tooling (molds) transferred to the injection shop. Once they are all there we will run some samples to get their machines tweaked and calibrated to the correct injection process. Then production parts will be ran. I may possibly be able to start shipping drums in about 3 weeks.

Below are some pics showing the rib adjustments. There is also a pic of a smoke cover.

post-2662-1209142375_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1209142389_thumb.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I'm sorry for my absences. My mother was very sick for a couple weeks with the damn super flu. On top of it being tax season. Plus everything else life throws... Also thanks to those that called and made me aware there was a panic starting. I haven't read all the threads yet but will. I probably won't be able too today because it is my grandfather's 88th birthday. But again I am sorry for ANY worries or concerns.

The tool builders completed the adjustments to the molds. I am in the process of having the tooling (molds) transferred to the injection shop. Once they are all there we will run some samples to get their machines tweaked and calibrated to the correct injection process. Then production parts will be ran. I may possibly be able to start shipping drums in about 3 weeks.

Below are some pics showing the rib adjustments. There is also a pic of a smoke cover.

post-2662-1209142375_thumb.jpgpost-2662-1209142389_thumb.jpg

Congrats on making it to production

THANK YOU MIKE, and sorry to hear about the flu thing. THE OLD GUYS WERE GETTING CRANKY AGAIN !!!! ............AND THE YOUNG GUYS HAD ANTS IN THERE PANTS. again big thanks for the update and super glad to hear your ok.

Man, does that thing look beefy.

Whats the weight difference between this and the earlier versions? What's the total weight up to now?

BEEFY IS GOOD! I was thinking the same thing, that thing looks pretty damn BEEFY!

People aren't going to be worried about the weight of a few extra ounces of plastic on a saiga DRUM are they? I mean, it's not like the Saiga12 is a Biathlon rifle or something! LOL :haha:

Can't wait to try out the drum!

I'm one of the young guys who has been waiting patiently (and not bitching) since December, and naw, I don't need a cookie for it. LOL

AWESOME JOB MIKE!! Hope your mom is feeling better!

Edited by sharkbit

Welcome back Mike. We've been trying to keep the ruckus down with all the worry warts :rolleyes:

I hope some of them feel bad enough now that they will sit on their damned hands for a while (until their drums are actually in them) before they make another single friggin post, except maybe to APOLOGIZE for being so rude and inconsiderate.

There is LIFE outside this gun forum, believe it or not folks.

Mike give my best to your Mom dude. I know several people who have had that flu and it's the worst ever for all of them.

Mike, take care of the old folks, our time with them is precious and cannot be retrieved when they are gone. Glad to see you back!

PS the new drum looks BITCHEN!