Tactical Forend

You might consider asking on every single thread, or you could go to Mississippi Arms website.

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/

On the other hand, if you do not need the part for your 922R count, this site has has the OEM Tactical Railed model.

Edited by Azrial

One of these came on my Saiga 12 and I really like it.

I added the Ultimak sight rail and a pistol grip with a light holder and another rail that can be located in 3 places on the front ,..

I think the site store is out at the moment but I would reccomend getting one if you can.

post-9483-1209217580_thumb.png

I too have been looking for the railed forends. Does any one know when more might be imported or made?

If you don't mind a little grinding and fitting, I am working on a rail I modified from a mini 14 rail

post-7660-1209220617_thumb.jpg

I had to remove the gas block and gas tube, then fit the gas tube inside the rail by grinding out an area for the site block to fit into, and the end of the rail for the cover to fit under as well, then leave the gas tube in the rail, slide them both on and refit the gas block. Its on and off with the gas block a few times but for a hundred dollar rail , I like it

post-7660-1209220974.jpg

I am also thinking of using an old scope ring to clamp the front of the rail to the gas piston area

post-7660-1209220985.jpg

I 'm trying to decide where to trim the over hand off, probably just above the rear of the safety at an upward angle to make it easier to install the bolt

So I have been looking for awhile. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or know anyone with one that wants to sell. Any websites would help too. Thanks

I bought generic rails and installed them on the stock forend. It took about 30 minutes of planning and 30 minutes to install. They are also alot tighter to the forend and feel more natural than the Russian version. Check your local gun shop or check with Brownell's. Hope this helps, Scott

So I have been looking for awhile. Does anyone know where I can get one? Or know anyone with one that wants to sell. Any websites would help too. Thanks

I bought generic rails and installed them on the stock forend. It took about 30 minutes of planning and 30 minutes to install. They are also alot tighter to the forend and feel more natural than the Russian version. Check your local gun shop or check with Brownell's. Hope this helps, Scott

I dont suppose you could give us a quick synopsis oh what and how to attach a regular rail to the fore end?

I dont suppose you could give us a quick synopsis oh what and how to attach a regular rail to the fore end?

here you go http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=22441&hl=

AWESOME THANKS!

I too have been looking for the railed forends. Does any one know when more might be imported or made?

If you don't mind a little grinding and fitting, I am working on a rail I modified from a mini 14 rail

I had to remove the gas block and gas tube, then fit the gas tube inside the rail by grinding out an area for the site block to fit into, and the end of the rail for the cover to fit under as well, then leave the gas tube in the rail, slide them both on and refit the gas block. Its on and off with the gas block a few times but for a hundred dollar rail , I like it

post-7660-1209220974.jpg

I am also thinking of using an old scope ring to clamp the front of the rail to the gas piston area

post-7660-1209220985.jpg

I 'm trying to decide where to trim the over hand off, probably just above the rear of the safety at an upward angle to make it easier to install the bolt

CAA makes a similar deal that is made for an AK. It will also need fiddling with, but being that it's made for AKs, it may need about the same amount that standard AK forends need as done by Cobra and others here. The only hook it that the CAA, AK forend & full rail costs about $400. If the Mini-14 deal is much cheaper, then, go with that.

post-7660-1209220974.jpg

post-7660-1209220985.jpg

Utahhandyman - I have to admit - that is the CAT'S ASS! (My unusual version of COMPLETELY SWEET!) You have to tell me what type of rail that is that you fit on there, and where I can get one... This is good stuff!!!!

Superhawk138's tutorial is very similar to the way I attached my rails. Excellent pictures and write up. I would just emphasize a couple of his same points.

First, make sure your rail is properly located for your needs and is long enough for your intended purpose, before drilling. I made mine 4.25" long.

Second, mounting the rail to far to the rear, toward the trigger group will not allow you to get the 10 round mags in and out of the gun, with certain vertical attachments. Again, just for reference, I started my rail 1 7/8" from the rear of the original handguard. This distance worked for me because it gives the back of my hand a reference/contact point, the back of my vertical grip, when reloading. Having this reference/contact point decreased my reload times. Hope this helps.

Again, excellent write up Superhawk138!

Superhawk138's tutorial is very similar to the way I attached my rails. Excellent pictures and write up. I would just emphasize a couple of his same points.

First, make sure your rail is properly located for your needs and is long enough for your intended purpose, before drilling. I made mine 4.25" long.

Second, mounting the rail to far to the rear, toward the trigger group will not allow you to get the 10 round mags in and out of the gun, with certain vertical attachments. Again, just for reference, I started my rail 1 7/8" from the rear of the original handguard. This distance worked for me because it gives the back of my hand a reference/contact point, the back of my vertical grip, when reloading. Having this reference/contact point decreased my reload times. Hope this helps.

Again, excellent write up Superhawk138!

I just want to state I only referenced the link. Please allow the credit to be given to MCASgt New River for doing this tutorial.

post-7660-1209220974.jpg

post-7660-1209220985.jpg

Utahhandyman - I have to admit - that is the CAT'S ASS! (My unusual version of COMPLETELY SWEET!) You have to tell me what type of rail that is that you fit on there, and where I can get one... This is good stuff!!!!

I got it at the gun show but I've seen it at david's collectibles, tick bites http://www.tickbitesupply.com/mount.html#mini

YOu'll need to grind a lot of material from the upper part of the rail where the back of the gas tube will sit, and back towards the the cover assembly. And cut a little from the bottom where the area where the screw goes into the front site block. I"ll take it back apart and get some pictures posted. a little patience and it should come out nicely. It doesn't slide into the front trunion area of the receiver but it fits tightly in that area so I don't believe it will be a problem. I'll also attach a clamp to the front to keep that part tight. It happens to be very close to the correct length for the bottom so it won't slide front to rear and the front clamp will keep it from twisting.

I'll post this in a new post so I don't pirate this thread :chris:

I got it at the gun show but I've seen it at david's collectibles, tick bites http://www.tickbitesupply.com/mount.html#mini

YOu'll need to grind a lot of material from the upper part of the rail where the back of the gas tube will sit, and back towards the the cover assembly. And cut a little from the bottom where the area where the screw goes into the front site block. I"ll take it back apart and get some pictures posted. a little patience and it should come out nicely. It doesn't slide into the front trunion area of the receiver but it fits tightly in that area so I don't believe it will be a problem. I'll also attach a clamp to the front to keep that part tight. It happens to be very close to the correct length for the bottom so it won't slide front to rear and the front clamp will keep it from twisting.

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I've got one on order myself. PM me the new post with pics thread #, if you decide to put those up here. There are only a handful of rail options (at least from what I've seen) for the S-12, and none of them seem to come close to fitting in my budget - but this one fits nicely! :D

Thanks again - have a great day!

**UPDATE: Turns out that this rail is made by ProMag... Model PM119A... This is a really good thing, because ProMag products, on top of being pretty good in quality, are all US-made. If I'm not mistaken, handguards/forends are considered compliance parts, so using a rail like this would equal one US-made compliance part also. Now I'm liking it even more. :)

Edited by Syvman

Awesome! Thanks for the info! I've got one on order myself. PM me the new post with pics thread #, if you decide to put those up here. There are only a handful of rail options (at least from what I've seen) for the S-12, and none of them seem to come close to fitting in my budget - but this one fits nicely! :D

Thanks again - have a great day!

**UPDATE: Turns out that this rail is made by ProMag... Model PM119A... This is a really good thing, because ProMag products, on top of being pretty good in quality, are all US-made. If I'm not mistaken, handguards/forends are considered compliance parts, so using a rail like this would equal one US-made compliance part also. Now I'm liking it even more. :)

I posted a new thread to show a brief description of the promag mod...thanks :chris:http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=25628