Whats the best "Zombie" ammo???

Been putting allot of thought into this..

Wolf is the cheapest across the board, on par with barnaul blue box and Golden Tiger.

I know in .223 that wolf is "underpowered".... Is the same true for x39?

I never had a feed issue with wolf x39 ever.....

Would I be better served by investing in some of that Samco Yugo surplus?

Bulk qty. and price don't mean jack if it ain't got enough punch to do the job when it counts.

Golden Tiger is the cheapest ammo out there in bulk, its usually $10/$20 cheaper per case than Wolf, and in my limited experience it is better ammo. My guns are cleaner after firing it. I have had FTF and FTE issues with my Yugo SKS and Wolf ammo, but the Golden Tiger functions 100%. I will never buy Wolf again, ammoman.com has Golden Tiger for $189 delivered. I live on the West Coast so shipping costs are an issue, $189 at the door is the best deal out there.

i find it funny how many zombie references i see on this site... i thought i was the only one that worried about a zpaw.. :bag:

Actually I've been planning for ZPAW ever since Katrina. Been spending alot more time over at ZombieSquad. We had a Ohio BOB shakedown camp out last weekend, 11 people geared up like you wouldn't believe. The S12 is the ultimate Zombie Hammer.

Wow, my vocabulary is ever expanding.

We got lotsa Zombies here...............they all get their checks on the 1s and the 15th.

Wounder what they are gonna eat if those checks stop coming?

Me, I've decided on the .30 hole. It's been working all over the world for over 50 years.

(Ordering my conversion stuff today!)

Been putting allot of thought into this..

Wolf is the cheapest across the board, on par with barnaul blue box and Golden Tiger.

I know in .223 that wolf is "underpowered".... Is the same true for x39?

I never had a feed issue with wolf x39 ever.....

Would I be better served by investing in some of that Samco Yugo surplus?

Bulk qty. and price don't mean jack if it ain't got enough punch to do the job when it counts.

I would stay away from the Samco Yugo surplus. It's corrosive. You really can't go wrong with any Wolf Mil spec, either FMJ or HP. Golden Tiger, Barnaul, Brown Bear, Silver Bear SP and HP ammo is all good. Don't know about Hot Shot.

Russian ammo, especially the Mil Spec ammo is heavier at the base of the bullet and this causes the bullet to tumble with more frequency than other bullet types. Yes, the Russians know what they are doing. Get a mix of FMJ and HP of different brands and cut a few apart and see the differences in bullet types. Pick the brands with the most density at the base and your good to go.

Now for the adventurous, you can get Sabot inserts and load 22 cal bullets in them. You can get velocities well over 3000 feet per sec without excessive pressure or damage to you barrel. However this is for the experienced loader only, but you can see the potential this type of load has for Zombie control. Basically it's the same concept as accelerator bullets in 50 BMG and 30-06 rounds only you roll your own. Good luck.

Does steel case present a problem with long term storage?

No, put it in a can, throw some moisture paks in, seal it up and you're good for years. Other guys I know build a stash and rotate through it, by shooting the oldest first and then replacing, without going below there preset stash level.

I use 5 gal. buckets I get through work, holds alot of ammo, seals up tight and looks inconspicuous. Oops, I just told everybody.

i have yet to join zs but i lurk just about everyday. i put my ammo in a sealed 50 cal ammo can with those moisture packs. so far i only have one so its tucked away in the corner.... but i wont tell you which corner! :haha:

What are you waiting for?

Those 500 or so rounds won't last long. Standing on line to get more will be quite problematic once the walking dead start heading towards the gun shop!

i have yet to join zs but i lurk just about everyday. i put my ammo in a sealed 50 cal ammo can with those moisture packs. so far i only have one so its tucked away in the corner.... but i wont tell you which corner! :haha:

Those 500 or so rounds won't last long. Standing on line to get more will be quite problematic once the walking dead start heading towards the gun shop!

Your ammo count should equal or exceed the population of your city/town if you are prepping for a Zombie attack.

Your ammo count should equal or exceed the population of your city/town if you are prepping for a Zombie attack.

fuck, so i need over a million rounds of X39....that would roughly come out to...too much money =( guess i'll hafta pillage some :smoke::ph34r:

So what do people consider an adequate supply of SHTF ammo?

So far I keep (only for storage purposes, another 2k rds of regular shooting ammo is not counted here) the below in 50 cal and 30 cal ammo cans with the little anti rust vapor creators...

2,800 rds 9mm FMJ

500 rds 30-06 FMJ

3,000 rds .22lr HP

500 rds .357 mag JSP

1,000 rds 7.62x39 FMJ

1,000 rds 7.62x39 JHP

100 rds 12-gauge (need to bump this one up)

It's not enough to clear the city (Seattle) but it's enough to secur borders...

So what do people consider an adequate supply of SHTF ammo?

So far I keep (only for storage purposes, another 2k rds of regular shooting ammo is not counted here) the below in 50 cal and 30 cal ammo cans with the little anti rust vapor creators...

2,800 rds 9mm FMJ

500 rds 30-06 FMJ

3,000 rds .22lr HP

500 rds .357 mag JSP

1,000 rds 7.62x39 FMJ

1,000 rds 7.62x39 JHP

100 rds 12-gauge (need to bump this one up)

It's not enough to clear the city (Seattle) but it's enough to secur borders...

Don't forget the 1 ton truck to haul it all in!............................And a electric 12v pump to siphon diesel!

And of course........the Zombie bumper on the front and lot's of windshield fluid@

Edited by CheepJerokee