Bullet Grains & Ammo Prices

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I went out and bought myself a Saiga .223. I am currently in the process of gathering the necessary essencials for the gun such as a scope and ammo. However, I have run into a bit of snag since I cannot find cheap priced wolf .223 ammo in cases of 500 or 1000. When I did find the ammo it was in cases of 300 and they offered either 55 grain bullets or 65 grain bullets but I am unsure as to which one to purchase? I will doing targeting shooting with the gun at 100 and 200 yards and I am not sure if there is an accuracy difference. I would appreciate feedback on this and if anyone knows where to find good .223 ammo cheap. Thank you for everyone's help in advance.

Yup! Finding reasonably priced .223 is tough because everyone is looking for it. I'm sitting on the last 1000 rounds of Wolf I bought a year ago. Reloading seems to be the way to go unless you have a bunch of bucks to spend.

I typically recomend that you buy a single box of each, sit down on a shooting bench with two clean targets and shoot 5 rounds of each of the two on a seperate target (so 5 rounds of the 55gr on one target and 5 rounds of the 65gr on the other) cleaning the barrel in between the two typs of ammo and see which one your weapon prefers. If they shoot without malfunction and they shoot the same then get the cheapest, if one shoots better but costs more then you have to weigh if the increase $s are worth the extra.