PK-AS V and cheek weld?

Yep, unless you're Jay Leno, you're going to want some sort of cheek rest to get a decent cheek weld. Mine came with both mounts, the SVD style mount sits low, but is offset to the left, giving a strange cheek weld. The V-style mount, on the other hand, sits way high and doesn't give any sort of weld without a cheek riser.

Here's mine with the lower SVD style mount:

IMG_1901.jpg

Edited by kahrak

Overall I think its a great sight, I like the large circle/small dot and the red dot/black dot feature since you can still use it if the batteries die on you. I'd have to say the V style mount with a cheek rest would be the way to go since it's more centered, I just cant quite get used to the offset on the SVD style mount.

Edited by kahrak
Overall I think its a great sight, I like the large circle/small dot and the red dot/black dot feature since you can still use it if the batteries die on you. I'd have to say the V style mount with a cheek rest would be the way to go since it's more centered, I just cant quite get used to the offset on the SVD style mount.

It was suggested to me that the offset mount might be usable with a persons left eye? As in keep both eyes open and see if the left eye can "see" the reticule and let your brain "assemble" the image in your head...

See what you think.

I can't make it work as the vision in my left eye is quite bad.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

It was suggested to me that the offset mount might be usable with a persons left eye? As in keep both eyes open and see if the left eye can "see" the reticule and let your brain "assemble" the image in your head...

See what you think.

I can't make it work as the vision in my left eye is quite bad.

IPSC_GUY

SIERRA II ALPHA

I actually experimented with that a bit and it does work, but it was awkward for me since I had to tilt my head at a fairly sharp angle to get the scope to line up with my left eye. I'm sure it would fit fine for some people, but the ergonomics just weren't right for me.