If ANYBODY should be allowed to carry its Pizza delivery, cab drivers, and convenience store employees.

The scum always look at them as an easy mark for quick cash, and there are more and more BG's that will kill to cover up their crime it seems.

It's really shitty that they fired him, but cmon. Anybody that can pull a gun on somebody that already has TWO on them and get 3 hits without taking fire back is clearly NOT a sheep. Wolves need not work delivering pizzas, he probably went and got a better job.

He was aware, or should have been, of Pizza Hut's policy. He chose to violate it. I'm glad he did, its the only reason he is still alive, but unfortunately they are well within their rights to terminate him. I can tell you that if I were making $10 delivering pizzas I would break the rules and carry also, my life isnt worth a $10 per hour job.

I deliver for UPS. I also have a concealed carry permit. UPS also prohibits employees from carrying weapons while working. I choose to obey the rule because if I were in an accident and needed medical care, and my weapon were discovered, I would be fired. And I make a lot more than $10 an hour. Its a personal choice that everybody has to make, what are the risks you face and what is the likelihood of being caught violating policy by carrying?

I'm glad the guy survived. I hope he gets some counseling and gets over this. He deserves a better job anyway.

I do not know of any UPS drivers that carry a money bag, and can be called to seedy isolated places day and night as part of his job like Pizza delivery people are every day.

If you were called to the middle of gangsville and had a couple of hundred bucks on you in company money, would you still not carry?

Not being an ass, but like I said, pizza guys and gals are favorite targets for scum to prey on.

back when i first started college i was a domino's pizza delivery dood (yes dood) and my boss, the general manager was a HUGE gun fan, even went shooting with him, but we both clearly knew company policy, which was drawn out in plain english to me when i started, that if was caught with a weapon in my vehicle or pulled a weapon during work ect. i would be terminated immediatly, no questions asked b/c of company liability, but who gives a fuck? save your life and lose a job, its no big deal, its just a pizza delivery job, btw...this is the kinda manager who get a side folder in his office by the safe ;) I now work on a ambulance where certain people in my field carry incase we get attacked by addicts wanting drugs, which does happen and you don't see it on the news, and we also DO get shot at, why? I don't have a fucking idea....one minute your cruising in between calls, and the next thing you know you hear the Oxygen tank in the back leaking b/c some idoit shot your ambulance :angry: everyone has been pushing for us to carry who those of us with the proper papers but no one gives a fuck, they say thats what cops are for, well then where is my personal cop 24*7

Edited by Vultite
If ANYBODY should be allowed to carry its Pizza delivery, cab drivers, and convenience store employees.

The scum always look at them as an easy mark for quick cash, and there are more and more BG's that will kill to cover up their crime it seems.

These scums target the pizza deliverers, cab drivers and convenience store employees who barely make any money and Pizza Hut wants them to be expendable instead of protecting their lives and deterring other would be robbers. Pizza Hut won't get my money with this expendable driver policy.

Jim is a good guy, one of the guns in his pocket was the one the BG dropped after he got shot and ran. Jim should come down here to the jail and apply, we pay people to carry guns. The bullet laden mope and his girlfriend are looking at 25-50 years a piece.

A man/woman team ordered a pizza in this apt. building were the male counter part ambushed the driver inside on the upper level. After robbing the driver and parting ways, the perp decided to pursue the driver, outside across the parking lot with gun in hand stating that he is going to kill the driver. The driver, (CCW holder of 10 years), ran from the armed thug while firing at and hitting him. So Pizza Hut fired the driver for breaking company policy.

Standard policy for virturally all fast foods companies.

This is why, though, Domino's in NC, will no longer home deliver pizza after, I think, 10:30. you have to come and pick it up which, of course, trasfers to risk to the counter person.

Edited by Aethelbert
I do not know of any UPS drivers that carry a money bag, and can be called to seedy isolated places day and night as part of his job like Pizza delivery people are every day.

If you were called to the middle of gangsville and had a couple of hundred bucks on you in company money, would you still not carry?

We dont carry cash any more, but we used to. I have turned in $8,000 before and I have delivered to some pretty rough neighborhoods. I also deliver jewelry,guns, prescription narcotics and high-value easy to pawn stuff like laptops, cameras, DVD players and I-pods.

I wish I could carry at work, but I dont want to lose my job. Also, due to a "percieved" gang problem, they make all of us walk thu a metal detector on our way in and out of work. I could still stash a piece somewhere if I really wanted to, but the risk just isnt worth it.If I were working for Pizza Hut I would carry anyway.

Edited by soberups