8 round factory mag

Good luck with the sale Tom. I know you will at least get more responses than I did a week or so ago when I listed mine. I chose to cut through the BS and started the bid at $150.....Not one person bid on it. Then once I made the mistake of saying that on the forum my PM box filled up like a Texas baby's diaper at a chile cookoff.

hehehe I just made that up...lol I'll have to remember that one :lolol:

Until I can find a new source for them I'm not taking less than $200 each for mine. If I have to hold on to them that's ok too. They are the best mags I've got and I don't know where to even buy any more.

I just found a box with a few of these while setting up the shop, so I thought I'd give the guys a chance on one of the few new 8rd mags left in country. But I'll never turn loose of all of my 8 rd mags either. They are proven to work under "extreme" conditions.......LOL

I probably need to score a couple myself.

We will have to see if the MD drum is too big for my 8" S-12.

If so, then maybe I can work a deal with someone..........................................

Edited by Will
I just found a box with a few of these while setting up the shop, so I thought I'd give the guys a chance on one of the few new 8rd mags left in country. But I'll never turn loose of all of my 8 rd mags either. They are proven to work under "extreme" conditions.......LOL

be nice ;)

WHAT......THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ?!?!?!?!?!?

I thought that was the same mag used by the Russian Army !!!!!!!!!!

Oh LORD, I guess they're only worth $30 a piece then..........

(sorry bro, I couldn't resist) :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

best wishes. ( I have to clarify, I'd hate to be misunderstood........AGAIN) :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

What's the deal with these being no longer importable?

Yes, it seems like they were available in spurts but fairly regularly from Rusmilitary but all of the sudden they never got more of them. Anyone know the story? I got my 8 round mags from Rusmilitary back in 2004 when they were roughly $50 a piece with the exchange rates back then.

Yes, it seems like they were available in spurts but fairly regularly from Rusmilitary but all of the sudden they never got more of them. Anyone know the story? I got my 8 round mags from Rusmilitary back in 2004 when they were roughly $50 a piece with the exchange rates back then.

I pulled out my bill from Oleg....damn near cried it was $34.00 American for the mag

I pulled out my bill from Oleg....damn near cried it was $34.00 American for the mag

Looked at my receipt. It was $45 USD shipped for each mag. Wish I would have bought more back then.

Damn you guys did get a good deal....When I was stocking up on mine a couple of years ago they were selling for $60 IN Russia.

kellysguy you obviously have no clue what Vankiller is referring to when he says they stand up to EXTREME conditions...

Damn you guys did get a good deal....When I was stocking up on mine a couple of years ago they were selling for $60 IN Russia.

kellysguy you obviously have no clue what Vankiller is referring to when he says they stand up to EXTREME conditions...

I thought it was a reference to "that other thread" I wrote but apparently I was wrong, please enlighten me.

I thought it was a reference to "that other thread" I wrote but apparently I was wrong, please enlighten me.

My claim to fame...

VanKiller and the "Beast" is in Van Killers signature line. Perhaps that is related.

My claim to fame...

VanKiller and the "Beast" is in Van Killers signature line. Perhaps that is related.

Man, you guys are always youtubing me and I have dialup. I gotta go to the church "widda's" house to view it as she has dial up. Now I'm gonna have to wind up cutting the grass or something.

these parts were never imported outside of a small number for LEO use during the AWB, along with a few or couple hundred saiga-12c's.

The mags were brought in by private buyers in amounts of less than 100$ value wholesale, someone warned the seller in the UK about possible violations, then they were shipped into the US disassembled in two packages. There was some abuse of this, as far as I know, as you cannot say that the parts were imported for personal use when you bought ten of them, and without even opening the packages or inserting the mags, turned around and sold 9 out of ten of them on ebay or gunbroker. I am very surprised that we didnt hear more about this as it happened, but I think the supplier may have heard something about it, due to the change in mailing procedure.

The atf does not allow these mags to come into the country with the shotguns for one simple reason. the importer would not be in compliance with having sporting arms in thier containers. there would have to be a seperate company that imported these, and they would have to do so in accordance with RAAC's exclusive contract to the US market with the Russians.

Edit - I would like to clarify that this is a general reference I have made above, with how they were brought in, and also the solutions to bringing them in legally. Mr Cole bought the ones he has for use in his "beast" (the original full-auto 12 gauge saiga), and the project was not well received at the time, due to various reasons by LEO and other contractors and military members, so it was scrubbed at the time. Why NOT sell off the extra parts and mags now that the market has a demand for them, and there are other means available to acquire hi-cap mags in the US. I really expected an aftermarket importer of PARTS and mags to come on-line in the past couple of years, to offer what the importer of the firearms could not.....

• 3 weeks later...

The way I figure it, if there's a demand and the going price is high enough, the black market will fill it.

First, these things can't cost much to make. They're plastic for pete's sake. I can see various entrepreneurs in Russia/eastern Europe getting hold of a batch of them and bringing them in under the radar and selling them via underground channels. It happens on a daily basis with all sorts of drugs, and with drugs if you get caught the penalty is far more severe than if you're bringing in a few shotgun magazines.

I am convinced that something like this happened about 10 years ago with regard to very nice condition "dot 44" marked German WWII Kar98k rifles. All of the sudden there were a lot at gun shows and for sale from individuals. None had the usual import markings. Possibly came through Canada. It's not hard to imagine a couple of crates coming in under the radar and being sold for cash at gun shows with no records as "vet bringbacks." People do far more illegal things for less money all the time.

I'm waiting for this to happen with MP40 parts kits. Nice ones are now going for $3,000 and up. There have to be a lot in storage throughout eastern Europe. As soon as someone figures out the opportunity and relatively low risk of black market trading in things like this, I can easily see it happening.