New hand guard on ebay

Jaymce, welcome to the forum, I am sure you have read all the posts in this section, so please take the time to consider that the FIRST POST I wrote to audiofn, in mistakenly thinking he was the builder, would therefore be directed to you. Obviously the second truly was towards him. :lol::up:

As I wrote above, we are a very tight knit community here, and we try to keep on the lookout for things. We want the best products for our toys, and we aren't afraid to talk to the builders to know what we want.

We will be happy to accommodate your builds... and IA m sure you will receive tons of feedback on how everybody thinks it would be "made perfect"

If you have ANY more questions, please pm me, and I am sure we can get anything straightened out ASAP. :up:

Again, welcome to the forums... it is truly the largest Saiga info spot on the planet... and with your addition, it just gets BIGGER!!! :up::lol::up:

:smoke:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And Audiofn... WOW... thats some pretty swanky dvd goings on there... I will remove my foot from my mouth...

And yes... I WILL REITERATE...

WE WOULD LOVE TO ALL GET TOGETHER AND WATCH MOVIES!!!

If its in some sweet home theater place like that... AMEN! :up:

Thats a lot more budget than you would ever encounter around here...

If they had that kind of scratch they would be buying GUNS. LOL

As a simple member here I have a few comments.

Audiofn, we don't pop up at random in the middle of one of your little tete-a-tete over there at offshoreonly.com and chide and scold you in our first post to your board, why do think that this is appropriate behavior here? I mean very few folks appreciate the input of complete strangers who just stumble into our conversations. But as you seem to be the kind of fellow that feels there is value in the interjections of the casual passersby let me welcome you to our board with my opinion.

Just because you buy a few fellow board members a drink in no way conveys a license to try and feel up their nutsacks on the sly while they are enjoying them. I consider it improper for a fellow member here to touch my nutsack without my prior permission, even if they are a founding member. Over here Mods and Admins do not even presume to "enjoy" that privilege. However, I understand that customs differ widely among different groups. Don't you agree?

Over here when the guy that runs the board has an opinion, we let him express it. I mean he does pay the bills, and there seems to be very little point in having a board where random strangers can object to you expressing your opinion!

The same privilege goes for our Mods, we let them have an opinion, as well as express it! This is in addition to the fabulous compensation package that they receive! I believe that you should make an attempt to respect our quaint little customs and in exchange we will understand that accepting a drink from a founding member of your board also grants an easement on our genitalia.

Jaymce, you seem like a decent fellow. But you are asking a lot of money for an unproven, basically untested product. Your competition is both less expensive and more throughly researched and engineered. This is pretty obious when you do not even know for sure what models of Saiga it will fit.

I find your concepts regarding the rights of unpaid "customers" novel. As a "customer" of your product, such as yourself, that has never put a dime in your pocket, I do not think that your product is ready for market or represents a good value as is.

However I really wish you luck with your future projects. The more choice we have in products and the more competitive the market the better it is for the Saiga community.

Edited by Azrial
Ok,

Before this gets out of hand, I made this handguard not AudioFN.

Let me address the issues as I see them.

1) Ugly: To each his own I did not care for the forearms that were available

2) Shorter: I had always intended this as an option but wanted to see if any would see prior to making different lengths. I made one the length I wanted. A those who have seen it liked it so I made a few to sell. Looks like they are not selling any way.

3) Rails: The ad states that rails can be added. The rails can be added using already existing parts from Brownells and Cheaper Than Dirt as well as others.

4) The ad: I did not like the pics and still do not. I was suprised that an admin would jump in and bash any part of the product/ ad. I am self employed and until I know my client well I would not dream of adding any type remark that might be construed as insulting. I was not offended by the remarks. But should these find a market in one of Indys posts it is suggested that "donations " be made if I want to sell these here. That makes me a prospective "customer"

5) Well made: I believe it is well made. As do those who have seen it.

6) Cost: Unless going fully automated with CNC, welding and in house powdercoating I doubt I will make any more due to the time involved.

Mad Max: Would like more info on those forearms. My cost of meterials and subcontract right not puts those cheaper than mine and that does not include the 2-3 hrs per unit to fabricate at this time. If the screws you pictured are the mounting means I know my design is better. My design locks up solid and would give the same advantages of a free float AR style hand guard

Indy,

Good info: I made changes to the ad to reflect the info you provided. I did not want to release this on this forum as I wanted to get some more input on them. I do not have the means to aquire the # of rifles that would be needed in order to get a good cross section. Thus far of the ones I have made only minor dressing with a file at the rear mount has been needed to aquire a perfect fit.

I would be happy to answer any and all questions

Sorry for any mistakes in spelling/ grammer. I am late for work already

Jaymce......

thanks for jumping on the grenade like that..... :up:

now....as to your product....

i'd like to see what if one of those could be made to fit on my 7.62x39....with a top rail for a scout scope configuration.....if it held steady enough it might work great for a forward Red dot, or low power pistol scope.....perhaps a lower rails as well for a light or grip....

I'm always open for more options on the market....personally i hope your product is great and sells like a champ.... I didn't find it that ugly myself....but.....i'm no purist on these things.....like to be unique most of the time

Edited by RangerM9

I have one the handguards in the Tromix shop for testing/input. I asked for a few changes and Jaymce made another test unit for me. I should have it in a few days and will post my thoughts at that time. I think with some changes, it should work out fairly well.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

AlmHG1.jpg

AlmHG2.jpg

ahhhh.....now seeing it installed i understand better....originally thought it was a full circle.....

honestly....i like it!....would like to see it on a rifle as well.....

may pick one up for the s-12 i have ordered

ahhhh.....now seeing it installed i understand better....originally thought it was a full circle.....

I believe the original was a full circle once out past the gas block and gas selector section...

Yea................. I see.................

I really deserved the bashing for my "comment" on the original picture quality...

At least Tony put up the picture that does the part some justice...

I believe the original was a full circle once out past the gas block and gas selector section...

Yea................. I see.................

I really deserved the bashing for my "comment" on the original picture quality...

At least Tony put up the picture that does the part some justice...

Ironically.... it's self titled the "fugly stick"..........

Looks interesting, but it is too long. It should stop at the gasblock or right after it.

It would look better if it were shorter. It looks like a JP enterprises forearm for an AR15.

Edited by headshot
Yea, looks good, although the longer version hides some of the barrel for those of us that dont have that short barrel license. IMHO

In addition its interesting how everyone changes their mood when Tony steps in.

hey now....i was on board with it before Tony stepped in!.....i'm not just a follower!....lol

of course with Tony's pics i like it...or at least the concept, even better,

that said, Tony's comment does ad some legitimacy to the part....you never really know about something until someone you trust tries it out and gives you the scuttlebutt......

Edited by RangerM9
Yea, looks good, although the longer version hides some of the barrel for those of us that dont have that short barrel license. IMHO

No one ripped on your product you're selling/manufacturing.... just the production value of that first photo.....so chill out dude!

enjoy the free publicity!!!!

Edit to add: my wife is HOT, but from time to time she will take a bad photo.....It may be a bad picture but it don't mean shes ugly!!!!!

Still, not everyone likes brunettes!

Yea, looks good, although the longer version hides some of the barrel for those of us that don't have that short barrel license. IMHO

LOL I was going to say that after everyone said it was ugly. And it is. It looks better shorter. Sorry if that hurts any one's feelings, I didn't think so many would have so much to say about a little poke at it. Sill a good idea and it is going in right direction. I thought it was made from a blank MG receiver tube that are sold next to parts kits with a paper template LOL. I don't know how DVD players got in here.

jaymce

Mad Max: Would like more info on those forearms. My cost of meterials and subcontract right not puts those cheaper than mine and that does not include the 2-3 hrs per unit to fabricate at this time. If the screws you pictured are the mounting means I know my design is better. My design locks up solid and would give the same advantages of a free float AR style hand guard

I don't know if you mean me because I didn't make any forearm. You might be talking about someone other then me if so never mind. And keep up the good work if it gets to expensive for others you can keep it for your self :super: Metal work isn't cheap.

Sorry my post makes no since and I suck at EingLush :rolleyes:

Edited by madmax4x4
.....In addition its interesting how everyone changes their mood when Tony steps in.

Speak for yourself, I still have little interest in a product that might fit, might not. Perhaps sending it out for evaluation before trying to sell it for $250 would have been in order. As to whether it is ugly or not is an individual matter. I am more concerned with function.

I will say one thing, Jaymce does a lot better speaking for himself and his product then AudioFN.

And Audiofn... WOW... thats some pretty swanky dvd goings on there... I will remove my foot from my mouth...

And yes... I WILL REITERATE...

WE WOULD LOVE TO ALL GET TOGETHER AND WATCH MOVIES!!!

If its in some sweet home theater place like that... AMEN! :up:

Thats a lot more budget than you would ever encounter around here...

If they had that kind of scratch they would be buying GUNS. LOL

If you are ever in Boston send me an email and I can try and set something up. The theaters do ruin you however. :D

If you had the scratch to buy one of those DVD players you can afford to buy both :D:D

Now that you can see that I did not make the part maybe you understand a little more my objection, maybe not. This product could take off with some changes it would apear and it would suck if he decided not to advertise on your board because something that moderators/owners said. That would truely suck for the board, that is why moderators are not sapposed to bash on OSO, you just never know how your next advertiser will be. I would imagine it is hard to find them for this type of site/topic. Other then that I am over it :D

.....In addition its interesting how everyone changes their mood when Tony steps in.

I will say one thing, Jaymce does a lot better speaking for himself and his product then AudioFN.

I hope so because as you can read I have no vested interest in the success or failure of the product. From prior post you can see that I would hate to see the board loose a possible advertiser.

As for your other post about me you may want to put down the crack pipe....... :D

No prob Audiofn... :up: Its all good...

Although...

you just never know how your next advertiser will be. I would imagine it is hard to find them for this type of site/topic

Surprisingly, there are quite a few, and there is rarely any trouble finding them... or them finding us... :up: Especially when you type "Saiga 12" into Google... our site is number 1 on the list. :up:

If anyone is looking for Jay or involved in the auction please give him some time. He was involved in an accident yesterday and sustained some burns. He is in the hospital and hopefully will be out tomorrow. He has been asking me to keep him posted on the thread!!! :sadam::sadam:

Thanks

Jon

Oh man!!!!

WHAT HAPPENED??!?!?!

Please give him our regards and wish him a speedy recovery from us all here!!!

I hope his injuries wont be too serious in the long term!! Burns are the WORST :(:cryss::( ... pain like none other...

our prayers will go out to him!!!

As for your other post about me you may want to put down the crack pipe....... :D

I noticed that you are not denying that my post is true... If it is not, I wonder why you failed to deny it on your own site. I mean before you came over here to get everyone straightened out.

But, its all in good fun. I just find you somewhat of a pompous ass and enjoyed reading of your aberrant behavior elsewhere.

I noticed that you are not denying that my post is true... If it is not, I wonder why you failed to deny it on your own site. I mean before you came over here to get everyone straightened out.

But, its all in good fun. I just find you somewhat of a pompous ass and enjoyed reading of your aberrant behavior elsewhere.

Denying what? You take things way to seriously. I am laughing my ass off at all this. If you are not then you need to step back and re-evaluate. But hey your level of communication needs to include name calling so...... :rolleyes::rolleyes: