My Saiga "lmg" styled Project...

Hi all, im new to the forums and am happy to find a cool group out there on the net. So, I bought a Saiga x39 with a 20 inch barrel from NY the other day, and it should be arriving here in Cali. any day so i can start my ten day. My plan is to theme the rifle after a RPD or a similar support rifle etc, keeping in mind the laws in Cali. of course.I bought a tri rail barrel clamp so i can mount a bi-pod, and a side mount double rail system for some kind of optic or rear sights. I went with the 20 inch barrel becuase i want it to have that heavy look, feel and function. I want to figure out a way to put a carrying handle on the rifle as well, and am planning on painting it some cammo scheme. Any sugestions or ideas for this project would be appriciated, and i cant wait to get my rifle and mod it then post some pics up on this website.

Hey Rabidmonkey. I can't help you with any specifics about your project since I'm a Saiga newb myself. But see if your FFL will let you get started on your DROS paperwork and 10-day wait now. That way, when your rifle actually arrives you won't have as long to wait.

Ive had my eye on the blond Bulgarian RPK set from K-Var for a while now, just an awesome looking set. Dont forget your USA FCG, piston, and muzzle device for federal compliance and your bullet button or Raddlock mag release for Kali compliance. INSTALL THE RADDLOCK BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE PISTOL GRIP, you are commiting a felony in the PRK otherwise.

Too bad you cant go "authentic" with a 75 round drum (in Kalifornia), but the 10/30 mags from Cold War Shooters work good and will keep your build from looking goofy (10 round double stack mags in a RPK would look goofy).

Ohh, and dont forget to order your bullet guide and handguard retainer from Dinzag. They are made to order, so expect to wait a couple weeks. Good to order now while you wait to complete your DROS and wait the 10 days.

Ive had my eye on the blond Bulgarian RPK set from K-Var for a while now, just an awesome looking set. Dont forget your USA FCG, piston, and muzzle device for federal compliance and your bullet button or Raddlock mag release for Kali compliance. INSTALL THE RADDLOCK BEFORE YOU INSTALL THE PISTOL GRIP, you are commiting a felony in the PRK otherwise.

Too bad you cant go "authentic" with a 75 round drum (in Kalifornia), but the 10/30 mags from Cold War Shooters work good and will keep your build from looking goofy (10 round double stack mags in a RPK would look goofy).

Ohh, and dont forget to order your bullet guide and handguard retainer from Dinzag. They are made to order, so expect to wait a couple weeks. Good to order now while you wait to complete your DROS and wait the 10 days.

Thanks for the info desert dog...I agree with you that the little 10 rounders will look goofy but hey what can you do. And it is a great idea to start the 10 day wait now...I will try to get in before the rifle comes so I dont have to wait as long. Thanks for the reminder soundwave!