Thanks for the Forums -Makc-

It's tuff being you going Unsung and Un-noticed till now. maybe this should go in the general topics section, but this is where I always go so there you go. Franky.J.

Edited by saiga12fan

No, we are right there with you. I think the fact that we come here and spend our free time on this board (and support it a bit financially) shows that we do appreciate Makc and his efforts.

Thanks!!!

WJ

Just me, Huh?

Y'all are not alone as I have thanked Max in chat before for providing a place we can gather information about weapons, a place to chat, hang out and read other interesting topcs away from firearms.

Once Again a big THANK YOU goes to Makc

I agree, if it wasnt for this forum and Makc, I would not have discovered the S12. My first and only Saiga. My last shotgun, I have no doubt. Thanks! And thanks to the guys and gals in the forum that answered my noob questions and helped me discover which direction I wanted to go with it.

:super: I lurked here for at least a year before I learned enough to feel WORTHY of posting here. That was a mistake. I should have joined when I first started reading everything. But I did read EVERYTHING before I even started my first conversion on my first Saiga..my 410. It wasn't til then that I gained the confidence I needed to start sharing what I had learned with others.

THANK YOU MAX! And all those who were here before me....well almost all of em :unsure:

I'm with the rest of you. Without this I would be very lost in the world of Saiga. Thanks to this forum I have one of the best competition shotguns you can own.

Greg Q :up::up::up:

I musta lurked here for oh, at least a week or two before I posted. There's only 14 more people that run their mouths on here more than me. Although 22 Shooter is quickly catching up with me. ;). Yes, thanks Max for keeping up this forum. I think I'd be lost without it. I know I don't post much in the technical sections much but I've learned alot about guns from them. Keep up the good work. Please? :rolleyes:

Have to agree with the rest of the gang--thanks Makc for a great, informative, and entertaining forum. Very much of what I have learned about Saigas has come from this place, and I look forward to furthering knowledge and associations here.

This Forum is The Place.

There is such a wealth of information and truly talented individuals who inhabit this Forum.......... Anything you want or need to know about Saigas, as well as practically any other weapon you might care to discuss........

Foremost, this group is a community........hell, even a family.........unlike any other place of its type on the Internet.

The freedom of expression found here, and the common ground we all find regardless of the wide diversity of our members is truly remarkable..........!! We're a unique group, to say the least !!

We all owe Makc a huge amount of appreciation for founding and running this site !!! I hope he enjoys this group as much as I enjoy being part of it !!!

Thanks, Makc !!!

(............that being said, there are far too many long-term green members !!! Send in a contribution and become a contributor today !!! $ where mouth is.)

I had looked for info on this shotgun for a few months prior to Makc starting this site, and one night noticed that a site HAD been started about them, and came here. I lurked for a short while, posted as a guest user twice I think?, and not wanting to have a virtual conversation with someone without SOME sort of introduction personally (Bvamp is short for my given name, for those of you that dont already know, which was why I chose it) joined this forum. After being here a year or more, I called Makc for the second or third time, and informed him of a major problem on the board, and he offered me a job here as a moderator, which I accepted, and tried to perform as best I could. After a year of that, I called Makc one day and BEGGED him to put X people on staff to help out, as it was mind boggling to do the amount of work and monitoring of posts alone, which he did, after some deal of discussion. And so on, and so forth.

My point is, I remember this place from the beginnings, and have been intimately involved with it, and you are all very right! Makc has done something great here, and it was just a hobby website of his from the start. I have seen many ventures like this, and unlike this, start out as a simple thing, grow, and FAIL. Especially when dealing with people on a mass scale. There are stages along the way that ALWAYS happen, and always WILL happen, and are very predictable. Makc wanting to not be known at first, and then slowly becoming more and more involved over the years directly, as he has had time, is part of the reason that he does not HEAR the appreciation from everyone for what he alone has done for us all.

This is a great place, and Makc has had his hands in it's growth from day one, on a personal and professional level, and he has done an OUTSTANDING job of it, in my opinion. I can remember a conversation in which he literally said "yeh as if it will get that big", actually, several, way back when.

Makc is the one who brought the policy of "why scream bloody murder about the right to bear arms and the censor people on the same site" logic, which we ALL know is the right way to think. Look at the end result! It will be more difficult to implement for him in the future as the site expands, but we all know he will do it, and do it well, and this place will live a long time in part because of that.

He has put a lot of time, effort, sweat, and money into this place to make it what it is, and he does deserve every single bit of gratitude that I can give him. A simple thank you, from my personal aspect of it all, pertaining to me, is NOT enough.

Max not only is a man of intelligence, compassion, and integrity, he is also fair, honest, and firm. He is also, from my thorough dealings with him over the years, a good and trustworthy friend, and one of the MOST "American" Americans I have ever had the honor of knowing.

WELL DONE! WELL DONE, INDEED, MY FRIEND!

...what a thing you did here...not many could have done it!

I think the number of folks who hang out here speaks volumes. I agree with the accolades and appreciation expressed but I think Jeaux E may have said it best. "(............that being said, there are far too many long-term green members !!! Send in a contribution and become a contributor today !!! $ where mouth is.) "

There is a saying along the lines of "Money talks and BS walks.". Pitch in a few bucks to be sure your appreciation is known, if you haven't lately.

I think the number of folks who hang out here speaks volumes. I agree with the accolades and appreciation expressed but I think Jeaux E may have said it best. "(............that being said, there are far too many long-term green members !!! Send in a contribution and become a contributor today !!! $ where mouth is.) "

There is a saying along the lines of "Money talks and BS walks.". Pitch in a few bucks to be sure your appreciation is known, if you haven't lately.

I kinda figured there shouldn't be any non contributors with a post count over 50 unless they're inactive. JMHO

This site is my primary place to lurk around and read; I've gained more knowledge here than any other forum. I really appreciate the service you fellas provide.

I just contributed another $15 and will get a few others who i personally know that lurk around the forums to contribute.

Thanks for introducing me to all these good folk I now view as my own family.

(NO, you can't borrow any money from me!!! (just like REAL family!)

I view you as a true brother Max!

Thanks for introducing me to all these good folk I now view as my own family.

(NO, you can't borrow any money from me!!! (just like REAL family!)

In that case, get yer own damn room!

:haha:

Agree completely. This forum was the source of info for:

-Where to order my Saiga-12.

-Which sights I wanted to use

-Polychoke

-What was needed for my Conversion

-What would improve my Conversion project

-The usefulness of Dental Floss

-Everything I needed to know about 922R compliance and how it applies to the Saiga-12

-and probably everything else I know about the saiga 12! :super:

Thank You VERY VERY much guys for all the kind words!

It really does mean a lot to me!

:wub::wub::wub:

durn tootin it better! You can be the proud papa of this whole site. Course I'm not sure if you'd want to be proud out of all of us :rolleyes:

I share Racegirls idea about the high post count people who are still green, but the fact that its not required make this my homepage. Just put off shooting for one week to send in the $ you saved in ammo, and then we'll stop riding your ass (at least about the contributor status...we'll still do it about other things, won't we 22 shooter? :super: )