Surely someone has slapped a bayonet on the Saiga 12.... if not why not?

Is there a way to mount a bayonet lug to the sucker?

The shark brake is one thing but I want to know if you can mount something like an M9 bayonet to the Saiga like a Mossberg 590 A1.

If you were going to go about mounting a bayonet what would be the best approach?

A bayonet is more appropriate for a shotgun in many ways then a rifle.

On the other hand who really needs one?

And, yet, this is America, so what does need have to do with it?

Edited by Azrial

Shotguns are a close combat weapon, having a bayonet on the end for when you run out of ammo makes plenty of sense.

That plus I would love to see a saiga with a bayonet.

Hell I want to see a Saiga 12 with every evil feature banned by the AWB.

Edited by reoiv
post-3915-1210284821_thumb.jpg

I hate to say it, but that's just plain silly.

Hell, you think thats bad, just take a look at my AR...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/L...ns/102_4270.jpg

I guess I just don't know when to stop.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/L...ns/102_4266.jpg

Silly, I know but it makes me happy so whats the problem?

I got one from Tromix. It uses a standard AR bayo. You just have to open the hole up a bit.

You have a picture of it on your Saiga?

How about this one.

Mine has the Tromix bayo mount too.

S-12FINAL.jpg

Edited by DHunter

"Silly, I know but it makes me happy so whats the problem?"

No problem, just a casual observation and opinion. For most of us the S-12 is a HD weapon. I personally would feel silly running through the house in my underwear with a bayonet on my Tromix. That's just me, put a grenade launcher on there if you wish, this is America and it should make you happy. :) If you are fighting in a trench, it would be a great idea.

I got one from Tromix. It uses a standard AR bayo. You just have to open the hole up a bit.

You have a picture of it on your Saiga?

How about this one.

Mine has the Tromix bayo mount too.

S-12FINAL.jpg

Ok that is awesome looking!

I wonder if you could hog one of these out and slap it on a saiga 308 or saiga 12?

That looks to be very similar to the design of the Tromix bayonet lug. Does the ring on the bayonet need to be modified to fit over a 12 gauge barrel? Seems kinda large.

Oh and 1911, I wasn't trying to sound overly defensive. You are correct; this is America and it should make you happy.

If I ever actually need my AR as a combat weapon I can easily strip all that crap off! I don't think the bayonet would be all that useful but I applaud the efforts of anyone who wants one.

I wonder if you could hog one of these out and slap it on a saiga 308 or saiga 12?

That looks to be very similar to the design of the Tromix bayonet lug. Does the ring on the bayonet need to be modified to fit over a 12 gauge barrel? Seems kinda large.

Oh and 1911, I wasn't trying to sound overly defensive. You are correct; this is America and it should make you happy.

If I ever actually need my AR as a combat weapon I can easily strip all that crap off! I don't think the bayonet would be all that useful but I applaud the efforts of anyone who wants one.

The ring needs to be shaved slightly.

They fit right on the Dinzag 74

The Tromix bayo lug is cool because you can adjust the ring to where you want it, depending on what kind of muzzle attachment you have. I haven't taken any pics of mine with the bayo on it for awhile but i have some old ones from way back. Looks kinda silly with the long Russian FH on there taking up half the blade length, but that is one way of mounting it really solid...to put it on, then tighten whatever attachment you are using down on top of the bayo ring. Works much better with a thread protector or choke, maybe a small brake. I want to make an adapter out of a fender washer or something so I can use it with my Tromix ' 74 brake. :super: Come to think of it...I don't think I have even tried to fit it on the ' 74 yet... It might go right on there after looking at the pics. :unsure:

post-1293-1210387697_thumb.jpg

post-1293-1210387711_thumb.jpg

Oh it also makes a great cleaning rod holder :smoke:

post-1293-1210387857_thumb.jpg

Older pic...I just cut the lug off a AR fsb that i had laying around.Silver soldered (1200deg) it to the barrel and sanded the inside of the bayonets barrel ring just a tad,fits snug,no wobble at all.

IM0000171.jpg

Years ago I broke up an attempted home invasion with a 12 gauge pump - and afterwards wished I had a bayonet mounted on my shotgun.

Some perps know there is a hard line between pulling out a gun and pulling the trigger. The group I ran into started playing mind games, pretending they were not the same guys who had been trying to jack the door open (even thought we caught them in the act and had been watching for a couple minutes while walking up). Lots of crooks will try this sort of thing - so having a less-than-lethal/sharp-pointy to prod them on their way can be useful.

For this purpose I had Tony put his Shark brake on my Saiga-12.

Edited by MadMax