Need help deciding the difference

I'm looking on classic arms, and they appear to now have in stock both the Romanian G ak as well as the WASR 10. Other than the slant muzzel break, could someone please tell me the difference? which is a better ak? thanks, and sorry if its a stupid question, but I'm still kinda new to the world of AK and Saigas. thanks!!

A Romanian G rifle is built using a genuine cut up former Romanian military Kalashnikov. Build quality will vary, depending on who rebuilt it here and with what US components ( the latter being a whole long 'nother thread ).

The WASRs are factory built rifles (straight from the Cugir Arms factory) made with parts rejected for use in military rifles. They are built on a special receiver that only accepts single stack proprietary design magazines. Once they are imported here, Century hogs out the mag wells, adds 922r parts and sells them. "Loose (lateral) mag fit" is a common complaint, but does not normally affect reliability ( just gives the foo-foos something to whine about ).

Edited by nalioth

Rommy G all the way!

The WASR is the lowest end AK you will ever find IMO. My WASR needed extensive dremel work just to accept most AK mags. The pin retaining wire was installed wrong and a pin slid out the first time I shot it. the fit and finish is awefull and it groups about 8 MOA, And did I mention, TRIGGER SLAP from hell!

I have built 4 Rommy Gs from kits and they are Excellent. 3 had like-new bores, and one looked like a new-unused gun when I got it, and is one of my favorite AKs in my arsenal. Aftermarket furniture fits like a glove. If it has a NDS reciever, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

I have a WASR-10 that works just fine. It isn't pretty, but there are no functional issues. The metal mags that came with it wobbled slightly, but Bulgarian polymer "waffle" pattern magazines fit just right. Century now seems to use a FCG that resolves the "trigger slap" issue, so it shouldn't be a problem with new WASRs. They don't bother to clean out the metal shavings after milling out the mag well, but it isn't too hard to do that yourself. I am not saying that a WASR is better than a Romy G, but the newer WASRs are not nearly as bad as some make them out to be. Just make sure that you buy in person so that you can inspect the guns the dealer has and choose the best from among them (little or no cant to the sights, for example).