Home conversion job.....yikes!!!!!!!!

There was no additional charge to fix that.

Tony

Damn Tony! What's the matter? Do you have cancer and are trying to get into heaven or something? :cryss:

You better not let a Mexican with a welder and a grinder let you hear that... :unsure:

We'll be seeing "Saiga Trabajo" around here if you keep this kinda crap up. :cryss:

I'd be telling people about the "surcharge" to fix dumb-ass mistakes like this and going on about how "if this isn't done right, you could kill yourself or other people and get you and your whole extended family deported".. or something... :zorro:

Again - nice charity work!!!!

Macbeau sends...

Nice fix Tony, that guy got in over his head. The worst I've ever seen was a guy on an AR forum,who butchered his gun real bad. I'll try and get a link.

He cut flutes in the barrel with a dremel,and sprayed it with gunkote,but left the selector switch in.

............and that POS job he received in that condition will be another flawless TROMIX issue when he's done !!!

Where's my damned pom-poms and poodle skirt when (apparently) I don't need them !!!!

I, for one, would like to see a before/after set of pics on this one !!

Hehehe....good call Joe! GO TROMIX!!!

post-1293-1210727602_thumb.jpg

There was no additional charge to fix that. Tony

NOTE TO SELF PRIOR TO MY OWN HOME CONVERSION: No matter how bad I screw up I always have Tromix to fall back on.... :D

The thing about Saiga conversions for the DIY guys is you have to think ahead, for example I leave the safety stop, by scoring the bottom plate and breaking it. No need to remove all those rivets. The only thing hard about it is to cut the square hold and that is not too bad. Just drill a hole in the right place then square it with a triangle file. It takes a bit of time but it is a labor of love!

Guess some guys want to try to save a few bucks. I wanted the best conversion, so I naturally went with Tony. No one wants to be placed on a waiitng list, however you know exactly what you are getting once it's completed.

So at one time, I tried to do my own conversion. It came out "okay" but just okay. Then I looked at it and said...I like Tony's better. Sent it to him with a letter of apology for my butchering. Got the shotgun back and it looked good.

Home gunsmithing is not for me!

So at one time, I tried to do my own conversion. It came out "okay" but just okay. Then I looked at it and said...I like Tony's better. Sent it to him with a letter of apology for my butchering. Got the shotgun back and it looked good.

Home gunsmithing is not for me!

That would be my fear, that it would come out "just ok" I dont want just ok, I want really sweet :)