Just an update...I got a Tapco T-6 OD stock, Saw grip OD, and Tapco Fusion hanguards OD. I just need to get the FCG ( single hook ) and I should be good to go! This may be retarded and impatient but I am thinking about going ahead and put the stock and grip on then add the FCG later. What do you all think?

How are you gonna put a PG on it, without putting in the new FCG? Putting a PG on it requires moving the trigger group forward, which you need the new FCG for.

I don't think he means that he would continue to use the factory FCG with the PG in place (which wouldn't work). Instead, I think he just means that he would perform the conversion up to the point of putting the new FCG in while waiting for it to arrive. Then when it did arrive, he would install it.

You are right....I just wanted to start the conversion which I did. I took it apart two days ago and ordered the G2 single hook yesturday from Tapco. I wanted to get the drilling out of the way but I am having trouble drilling through the welds on the trigger guard. I went out and got new drill bits but still can't get through. I used my dremel to flatten them out but the damn bits won't penetrate. I am using a Black and Decker bit.....is there a holy type of drill bit I should be using?

I have started using center drills.. They are much more rigid and can handle more force from the drill press or hand drill. I found mine at a local shop that supplies all the local machine shops.

Just another update.... I installed the new G2 FCG, T-6 Buttstock, and a Saw Pistol Grip! Wow, it was fun and a learning experience :super: . I just oredered a Shepherd's Crook from Red Arms and will be ordering the bullet guide kit from Dinzag. She is looking pretty :wub: !! The T-6 Buttstock feels really good and I was worried about the eye line up for it but it feels perfect. Probelly from shooting the M4 as my issued rifle. I still need to get a lower retainer for the Foregrip and a new gas tube to fit the upper.

whoever was talking about not being able to put a pistol grip on without a new fcg there is a way. watch the video below if you would like to know how to put a pistol grip on without moving the fcg. i wont be using this method when converting my .308 however i figured someone may read this thread and want this info.

Edited by Dale
whoever was talking about not being able to put a pistol grip on without a new fcg there is a way. watch the video below if you would like to know how to put a pistol grip on without moving the fcg. i wont be using this method when converting my .308 however i figured someone may read this thread and want this info.

Interesting. It never occurred to me to me that you could put a PG on without relocating the FCG. Like others, I am tempted to go the conventional route of conversion, but this guy's idea may be worthy of considering. Can anyone think of a reason not to use the method in the video?

Don't do it. I just converted my Saiga .223 yesterday and it was EASY! My buddy has a drill press and was supposed to help me this weekend but he blew me off so I just did it myself (At work, on a desk with simple hand tools). I admit I was a little concerned that I would F something up so I took my sweet time and the gun came out perfect. I bought a FCG from Dinzag and I can't recommend his stuff highly enough. It dropped right, improved the trigger pull greatly plus it came with E-Clips, Hitch Pins (which is what I used) and little nylon hole plugs to stick in the receiver. The main tools I used where a hand drill and dremel. Did I mention it was easy?

I didn't do anything fancy with mine, just a SAW pistol grip and a fixed stock from Tapco (I live in a 'Ban State' so that's about all I can do with it). I didn't put a bullet guide in it yet and I'm not in a rush because the Surefire Mags worked great. When it comes time to do that I will use the drill press. The only tips I can give you are; Grind the rivets down flat, center punch them (I ground a little slot with the dremel) and drill carefully. Most of all take your time. I had a fun time doing it.

Interesting. It never occurred to me to me that you could put a PG on without relocating the FCG. Like others, I am tempted to go the conventional route of conversion, but this guy's idea may be worthy of considering. Can anyone think of a reason not to use the method in the video?

I agree w/ ya Tacticool. It is an easy and simple process just about anyone w/ tools can do. I do not understand why someone wouldn't want to better their rifle and take the easy way out. It may be a lack of funds....lack of confidence.....who knows? Different strokes for different folks.