Do it yourself grip nut (Pic)

Let me know what you guys think of this little gem. It allows the DIY'er to just drill a 1/2" hole and drop in the grip nut. The base is wide enough that it won't spin in the receiver. If there is enough interest, I will see about getting a batch made up.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

GripNut2.jpg

GripNut1.jpg

This would have been a life saver during my Saiga 12 conversion cutting that stupid grip nut hole was the most annoying and nerve wracking part.

Especially with a dremel cut off wheel.

Maybe this could eventually be built into a DIY kit. "All the parts needed to do your conversion at home..." etc. At least that might take some of the strain off of Tony, Esteban, and everyone else booked up with conversions.

I'm sure they are "strained" with the overwhelming amount of business, lol. A good product speaks for itself. I would buy it, and I especially like the idea of having a DIY kit for everything to convert it myself. I know other people that would want a pro to do the conversion and other modifications. I would for re-crowning and threading the barrel. I'll buy it, can I PM you for one?

How would this work on a square hole receiver ( say a .223 or 7.62x39 Saiga ) ?

Why would you need it if it had a square hole already? This is for guns without the grip nut hole punched.

How would this work on a square hole receiver ( say a .223 or 7.62x39 Saiga ) ?

Why would you need it if it had a square hole already? This is for guns without the grip nut hole punched.

If these end up cheaper than the original equipment stairstepped angled grip nut, why not use 'em if they work?

I've been looking around to buy a very large quantity of pistol grip nuts and bolts but don't went to pay retail for each.

Another great product! :super:

So this is funny...... :lolol:

2 Weeks ago

My wife and I are sitting in my office and looking at the rifle and I am, step by step, taking her through the conversion process since she asked about legalities and what I have to do to it and is it going to hurt when she shoots it lol. I get to the part about what goes into cutting a square hole and she says "thats retarded." She says it would save a ton of time if they just used a round nut so you can drill a regular hole" Genius I think. I talk to my friend who has a mill and he says "yeah we can put something together but it would be way easier to cut a square hole unless you wanna sell the things, ya know time spent......"

So I bought the square nuts since a square hole is no problem for me but someone should make a round nut... lol

Yep, good idea Tony. As long as people can manage to get their hole centered...and if it fits almost snug between the sides of the receiver they can even lay it in their upside down and scribe it where it goes. (with a nail or center punch or something)

Is it just me, or does there not have to be any angle on the screw. On my PG (standard AK), the screw enters the receiver at an angle, maybe 70 deg., as opposed to the 90 that I see on this item. Ideas? Corrections? Insults? :haha:

Confused,

Acer

As long as you can guarantee that I can install it myself without futching anything up, and you'll fix any short coming on my part... :haha::haha: ... I am all in... HELL! I'll take 3... I have some friends who need some and I know what I'm doin'

:chris:

Kidding... I really don't know any friends... :ded:

The stock one is 6mm, if I remember correctly. That runs .236". You could simply drill it out to 1/4-20 tap drill size and tap that one. It would have been easier than making a whole one from scratch.

That's correct. That part should be ready to ship late next week.

Tony

"Do-It-Yourself, bolt on Saiga-12 trigger guard, grip nut, and safety stop all in one unit"

How much are these going to run?

I have seen it on the Mississippi boy's site, it looks great.