Finalizing, wanted a final check and parts count OK

Alright, nearing completion of the hardware, paint and such will come later.

These are my american parts:

pistol grip

stock

piston

tapco fcg

muzzle brake

Foreign parts:

receiver

foreign 30 round mags

romanian or bulgarian vented gas tube

romanian or bulgarian upper and lower handguard

Is my parts count acceptable?

Has anyone ordered from http://www.globaltrades.com/ak_parts_general.html ? They have some cheap parts.

Also is romanian or bulgarian wood preferred to fit on saiga's or does it not matter?

EDIT: looks like globaltrades is out of business, kvar also does not have handguards in stock. does anyone else?

Edited by jh664322

Looks like you have nine foreign parts, so should be OK. The gas tube is not a countable part.

Wood's all good, as long as stock is for a stamped receiver. Sounds as though you're only doing foreign hand guards.

Have gotten stuff from Global in the past--they're okay. Depending on what it is, some of it really looks used.

Looks like you have nine foreign parts, so should be OK. The gas tube is not a countable part.

Wood's all good, as long as stock is for a stamped receiver. Sounds as though you're only doing foreign hand guards.

Have gotten stuff from Global in the past--they're okay. Depending on what it is, some of it really looks used.

yeah, the only foreign parts I am using is what came on the gun, handguard (which counts as 1 part as I have read), and romy mags.

I think globaltrades is out of business, can't find my bulgy wood grips anywhere else now....

PS, they will fit right? romy would be ok too

I think globaltrades is out of business, can't find my bulgy wood grips anywhere else now....

PS, they will fit right? romy would be ok too

Assume you mean the handguards. Either one should fit. You'll of course need a handguard retainer, either a traditional one, or one of Dinzag's (the advantage of which is that you don't have to remove the FSB to get the retainer on the barrel.)