New to the 308 Saiga, some ??

Hey all,

I just traded into my first Saiga. Got shed of a Mini-14 that was minute of 'barn"!

I got a 16" carbine with the thumbhole type stock. Its ok but I am going to put the regular stock on it as it felt better to me.

My question is in regards to a scope mount for it. I am looking at possibly putting on a spare 512 EOTech or maybe a Millet DMS scope. I am needing to know what is the best option for a mount that is avaialble. I would prefer one that keeps the scope on the same axis as the barrel. (Not off to the side like a Draganov) Any input would be appreciated.

I am really looking forward to getting this one set up and broke in. Its about the handiest feeling length I have ever handled in a 308. Actually a bit more comfortable than my FAL.

TIA

Tread

It is US made, but it doesn't count as a part on "the list". I'm not sure about it fitting the 22", you could always call them and ask. I've heard they are nice folks

EDIT : Saw my last post, it doesn't "replace" the gas tube, it sits on it

Edited by engbob

Last time I talked to Ultimak their gas tube mounts did NOT fit the Saiga 308 due to barrel thickness. This was a couple of months ago so call to make sure before you order. I have on of their mounts on a AMD-65 I had built out and they are nice.

Edited by Saigaczech

How snug do you have the mount? I tighten them up so you just barely need a screwdriver handle to tap them on. I have not had a problem with zero retention after removal. It also helps to put red loctite on the screws, the ones above the rail clamp and the ones that hold the weaver rail on top because they can walk out under recoil.

How snug do you have the mount? I tighten them up so you just barely need a screwdriver handle to tap them on. I have not had a problem with zero retention after removal. It also helps to put red loctite on the screws, the ones above the rail clamp and the ones that hold the weaver rail on top because they can walk out under recoil.

the rail atatchment to the gun is what moves. I think the rivets are loose or the recever metal is to thin. everything els is tight.