Tromix - 12" Folder Entry Gun (pic)

KySoldier: Funny looking + ugly + gun == good thing

TonyR: nice work. did you have to open up the gas port holes on it? what stock is that? (not that I can actually have one on any gun I own here in NY)

The entire gas system was backed up quite a distance. The gas tube was sectioned and rewelded, as well as the gas piston shaft. The piston was modified as well as significant rework to the bolt carrier.

The folding stock is off an M249 SAW.

yeah, hinkle in AK. i was e-mailing him about the possiblities of SBSing a Saiga. We were independantly talking about the project. he said he was going to have you do it, but DAMN you work fast.

So can you fill us in on what you did? I'm assuming that since the barrel steps up after the gas block that you had to remove the barrel, lathe it down, redrill the gas ports, shorten the gas tube and shorten the piston. (whoops, just reread your post)

what did you have to do to the bolt carrier?

could you have gotten it shorter?

Very impressive.

How much would you charge to do it again?

caspian

Edited by Caspian

For those who don't know, Tony makes some cool ass shit and as you can see is up for trying anything. he was given a description of what a customer wanted and he said, "sure, what the hell" (or something to that effect)

Tony, can you post a pict of the twin M-16s that you had stacked. freaking ingenious design where one gas system actuated the other gun.

Caspian

I believe I could have gone shorter on the barrel. I am using a single gas port rather than the unnessesary tri-setup on the original. The gas port is still quite small in my opinion, so the barrel could be cropped shorter and the port opened up a bit. I did not remove the barrel from the receiver to do the machine work.

The carrier had to be modifed extensively to work with the shorter gas tube.

I don't have a pic of the Siamese-16 M16 hosted at the moment, but I can get one up if anyone really cares.

There are no aiming devices on the twin barrel M16. The whole damn thing is rather pointless, that's why I like it. I find humor in those that rationalize some tactical need for some goofy gadget that hangs from their gun. I don't rationalize anything. Most everything I build is completely pointless and for entertainment purposes only.

There are no aiming devices on the twin barrel M16. The whole damn thing is rather pointless, that's why I like it. I find humor in those that rationalize some tactical need for some goofy gadget that hangs from their gun. I don't rationalize anything. Most everything I build is completely pointless and for entertainment purposes only.

I think I'm gonna like you. Yup, after viewing your site I love you, man! If I ever get some fat cash, I'll have to toss a few of my pointless-but-probably-fun gun ideas your way.

I haven't seen that pic in awhile. The gun is a Rapid Fire semi auto 1919 that I converted to OPEN BOLT full auto. For those that don't know, the original 1919 runs off a closed bolt. The barrel and shroud were cropped to 12" and converted to fire 8mm for a bit more ka-banger.

That pic was taken on my buddy's cattle ranch in Nowata, OK. After bringing out a bunch of machine guns and AR's, I was finally able to convince most of the ranchers in the area to ditch their 30/30's in their tractor/trucks and go to AR-15's. It's pretty funny to see those old ranchers packing Tromix AR's. Hell, they might soon be packing Saiga shortys...............You can't tell those guys shit, ya gotta show 'em.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

I think there should be a one-gun limit SBS or SBR tax exemption for farmers, as that is what they DO with them, is put them in thier tractors. How is the rabies epidemic out that side of the mississippi? out east here, we have a serious problem with it right now....and no chance in hell of any farmer here getting a SBS or SBR tax stamp approved, where its actually NEEDED, at least in my facist state...

Here's a pic of the Saiga shorty with a Tactical light added. It looks much better than having the light dangling off the bottom of the barrrel in the conventional position. I just need to leave the barrel about 1/2" longer on future guns.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=231524

post-2-1103309451.jpg

The introductory price on this gun as shown in the first pic (albeit cleaned up and refinished) will be $695 and transferable tax free to your Class 3 dealer in your state. There would be a $200 transfer tax from your dealer to you, in order to obtain the gun.

Options such as lights, vertical grips, flash hiders, HK sights, etc will be an additional charge.

I have 10ea inbound that will arrive here on Monday......I should have them all completed by the first of the year.

tony, you should show one to the local state police swat team....I bet one of them would shit a brick and HAVE to have two....out of the 50 or so guys that have shot my saiga12, about ohhh....NONE ever saw one, and only one or two had heard of them, and neither of those were cops. One thing I know they would want on it is standard choke tubes, and installing chokes might be a problem with gas and the port size.

Edited by Bvamp

I will work on customer supplied guns, no problem. The Tromix website will be updated very shortly with a list of gunsmithing/fabrication items. I have been threading a lot of AR barrels lately and the turn time is usually one day.

Since custom work is very specific to the customer's needs, it's best to just call to discuss exactly what you want. The shop number is 918 251-5640 or you can call my cell phone at 918 637-0390.

Tromix is a one man shop, so I have to run to UPS, pick up new tooling, etc, so if you call the shop I might be out at the moment. Just call back, leave a message, or hit my cell phone. The work is top notch and I am very fast. No dicking around here................

Tony- Is that a gas regulator modified to to hold a tack light, or a replacement for the gas adjustor that replaces the back of a tack light? I have thought that this would be a natural accesory for the S-12! (would also be great place for mounting a lazer)

G O B

No, it's not quite that advanced. The light is simply clamped to the barrel beneath it and the pressure switch cable runs down into the gas regulator a bit. My initial thought was to encase the light in a gas regulator "extension" tube , but the light diameter is too large to center on the gas regulator axis. It has to be off-set upwards a hair to fit, so I had to resort to simply clamping it to the barrel.