Saiga Recoil!

Would you like to cut the recoil of you Saiga in HALF for about $50???

Here is what you would need...

1. The New Hogue Recoil Pad!

Recoil_Pad_Hogue.jpg

Info from Hogue:

EZG Recoil Pad Medium size - Black (Product Code: 00720)

"Hogue recoil pads use an exclusive base plate material that is super rigid and grinds easily without the cracking and checking problems that are so common with other brands. Because our base plate is so strong no wire or metal reinforcing is required, reducing the chance of delamination. The rigidity of the plate makes for a tight fit to the stock without gaps caused by bending and warping. Bonded to the base plate is a modern super soft elastomer that grinds easily and finishes cleanly."

Hogue official page here!

NOTE: You may grind this pad to fit the stock exactly or leave it as it is. I left mine alone - it is about 1/4 longer in the bottom and about 1/8 wider at the buttom end of the stock - It does not bother me... But if you think it will bother you, you would need to spend some time grinding... :D

You can get this Recoil Pad directly from Hogue for $26.95

(Our local gunstrore "Dave's Gun Room" sells them for $24.95, so you might wanna look around first...)

2. The Factory Stock Adapter Plate

I have just finished this part that will allow installation of a New Hogue Recoil Pad on the original factory Saiga stock!

Plate001_small.gif Plate002_small.gif Plate003_small.gif Plate004_small.gif

Click on the picture to enlarge!!!

You can get it in Saiga-12.com shop for $15

3. Famous BlackJack Recoil Buffer $10.95 - FREE SHIPPING!!!

Buffer1.jpg

...well, I'm sure most of you know exactly what it is and what this thing does!!!

You can NOW get a BLACKJACK buffer right here at Saiga-12.com as well!

All together about $50-$55

The combination of these 3 things will lessen the recoil in almost a HALF!!!!

I went to the range and fired my Saiga-12 – I heard the shot, but did not feel anything...

My eyes almost popped out – I was amazed beyond belief!!! There were almost no recoil at all!!!

In my opinion it was $50 well spent!!!

I hope this info helps!!! :P

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

"Hogue recoil pads use an exclusive base plate material that is super rigid and grinds easily without the cracking and checking problems that are so common with other brands. Because our base plate is so strong no wire or metal reinforcing is required, reducing the chance of delamination. The rigidity of the plate makes for a tight fit to the stock without gaps caused by bending and warping. Bonded to the base plate is a modern super soft elastomer that grinds easily and finishes cleanly."

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just why? My Saiga is the softest-recoiling shotgun I've ever seen. Granted, I did put the skeleton stock on it which reduced it a lot in addition to dramatically improving handling. I've shot 40 rounds of #00 buck in a single session without the slightest discomfort.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Tune the gas system. It will be the softest shooting 12ga made. Like mag dumps on 1 1/8oz slugs feel like bird shot recoil. No buffer. IMHO this is the GREATEST advantage of the saiga line. I have a PSL I tuned the gas on. Shoots softer than my arsenal milled ak.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.