IZ-108 vs. IZ-109 for Tromix Conversion?

Hey guys. Newbie to the forum here. I've had an S12 on my wishlist for a looooong time now, and finally took the plunge, and bought one. It appears that prices are on the rise for them, so I decided to bite the bullet and go ahead and get one. I believe I'm somewhere around mid-2009 on the Tromix conversion list, so I've got some time.

I ordered the gun and 3 mags from ImpactGuns.com (2-3month wait :( ). One thing I didn't check on, is whether I should buy the 108 or the 109. The description says the 108 has a rail. Do I want a rail? The guy at IG that I talked to said I did, but, he could just be trying to coax another $20 outta me.

So, I guess my main concern is, I'd love to have a set of those HK-style sights. Does the rail have any affect on the style of sights I can run? Is the rail permanent? Some pictures of the differences would be sweet if somebody has got'em.

Here's some pics of what I'm going for:

On the bottom, on both:

Saiga-6-8.jpg

6inch8inch.jpg

I like #2 and #3, as well as their sights. I don't like the rails on #1,4,5 (which now that I look at them, that's probably the one I ordered [crap] ).

Would I be correct in saying #2and3 = 109's, and #1,4,5 = 108s? :

op4aw1.jpg

Thanks for any help you guys can give a newbie. Looking forward to joining the club.

p.s. Your search function turned up nil. :angel:

HK Sights. I have them on my saiga-12, and if I could do it over, I'd probably go with something else. I can never be 100% sure of my point of aim. They might work for you just fine, but they don't suit me too well. Sub-gun HK sights, with large holes in the rear drum, versus small holes with the rifle sight drum, might be better on second thought. (sorry, train-of-thought post)