Hey Guys, just wondering if anybodys gone the short barrel tromix type conversion around 10" - 12" if its the same format as the 12g model in that you have to move the gas block back as well, if so what will it still cycle on, light loads or heavy.

Am thinking it could be a great toy to have next to its bigger brother THANKS

I did a FA conversion on one of the little fellas........not very practical, but a lot of fun.......till you run out of cheap . 410's and brake into the hi brass commercial loads...........gets $$$ in a hurry. A couple guys can shoot up twice the price of the gun in ammo in about a 1/2 hour, and that was with just one 10 rd mag..........Keep watching though, I intend to do some things with the .410 this summer.........in a short barreled kinda way.............~~~~~~VK~~ :smoke: ~~~~~

Thanks Vankiller for the reply, I guess not many people have bothered to SBR the little .410 compared to the 12g.

I see that tony on his website has a short barreled one listed and the saiga factory makes quite a range of AK look alikes, to me the long barrel is just not pleasing and gets in the way, a short barrel and handguard would improve its appeal and use alot more.

Any chance Tony would like to drop a hint regarding gas block set back and hole size for say a 10" -12" barrel length, I'm From NZ and we are allowed to have a 30" overall length of shotgun, the .410 was intended for the other half to play with, she loves my Tromix inspired 12g but not the boot it gives.

Thanks for any help

Thanks Vankiller for the reply, I guess not many people have bothered to SBR the little .410 compared to the 12g.

I see that tony on his website has a short barreled one listed and the saiga factory makes quite a range of AK look alikes, to me the long barrel is just not pleasing and gets in the way, a short barrel and handguard would improve its appeal and use alot more.

Any chance Tony would like to drop a hint regarding gas block set back and hole size for say a 10" -12" barrel length, I'm From NZ and we are allowed to have a 30" overall length of shotgun, the .410 was intended for the other half to play with, she loves my Tromix inspired 12g but not the boot it gives.

Thanks for any help

Minor detail, but it would be a SBS since it's a shotgun. It would be a SBR if you were making a rifle out of it.

The factory .410's use a single gas port drilled anywhere from .140 to .169.

I moved the gas block back 2" on the 10.5" model and used a single .140 gas port.

However, if I did one again, I would probably use multiple gas ports of smaller diameter.

Tony

The factory .410's use a single gas port drilled anywhere from .140 to .169.

I moved the gas block back 2" on the 10.5" model and used a single .140 gas port.

However, if I did one again, I would probably use multiple gas ports of smaller diameter.

Tony

Whats the reasoning behind using several smaller ports over one larger one?

Also is there a magic number of ports? 4 maybe?

You get less fouling (wad pieces coming through the holes) when you run smaller diameter ports.

The factory uses 3 or 4 ports on all the guns except the .410's for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me if the new .410's being made now have 3-4 small ports instead of one big one though.

Tony

Well guys, got the .410 SBS all done last weekend, what a great toy to play with, more fun than my SBS 12g, fireball out the muzzle from 3" shells almost no recoil or muzzle lift, knocks down steel plates, I'm thinking I might have to build another one for myself seeing as this one is for the other half, Thanks to all who helped.

Well guys, got the .410 SBS all done last weekend, what a great toy to play with, more fun than my SBS 12g, fireball out the muzzle from 3" shells almost no recoil or muzzle lift, knocks down steel plates, I'm thinking I might have to build another one for myself seeing as this one is for the other half, Thanks to all who helped.

Sounds like fun, Got any pics?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...