Ace Folding Mechanism with AR-15 Stock Interface

Has anyone used the Ace folding stock mechanism with AR-15 stock interface to use a full-size AR-15 stock with their Saiga 12?

http://riflestocks.com/catalog/product_inf...28cc999b4684923

I am asking because I plan to install a Magpul UBR to my Saiga. I notice this Ace folding stock mechanism has a protrusion in the area where you use two screws to secure it to your Saiga's modified receiver. Ace's regular SMG side folding mechanism doesn't have this protrusion and is "flat," allowing you to install it flush to your modified receiver.

I'm wondering whether this protrusion of metal for the full-size AR-15 stock interface folder would cause problems installing it. Do I use washers to bridge the gap that would be present near the two screw holes? Thanks in advance for your comments.

No, that protrusion of metal slides into a small groove on the Ace receiver blocks. Look at http://riflestocks.com/AKStampedModsRequired.htm and you can see the small grove on the back of the AK receiver block. I suppose if you are going to have a back plate welded on, like the tromix one, you may have to remove the protrusion. Shouldn't take too long with a bench grinder or dremel, but would be a pita to do with just a hand file. Had to make a similar mod with my current project...now if I could just find time to finish it. :(

Neutron1973,

Thanks for the quick and to-the-point explanation. I now know what to do. I couldn't get the same quick and accurate response from the manufacturer or a distributor of the product. Hail the Saiga 12 forum and it's members. Have a great Memorial Day weekend to all.

I have the original version - ACE folder with a "pig nose". This new one is just an updated version.

One thing about the integrated version -- you give up some of the flexibility of the height of the stock relative to the receiver. With the folding mechanism/pig nose adapter set up, you have more room to adjust the stock height to your own preference. I wouldn't have known that, except I called ACE when I was ordering and one of the owners explained it to me.

Either way, it's a good set up and it works fine with the Saiga.

Jim

I just used the intergrated unit on my SIG ARMS 556 the protrusion you are speaking of was an issue , it was keeping me from getting my MAGPUL CTR low enough to be inline with the bolt/barrel -so I ground apx. 3/16ths off and then was able to posistion the stock as needed -hope this helps

I just spoke to Cem Esteban of E-Tac and he can get this Ace side folding mechanism with the metal protrusion already grinded off. It will save you the trouble of trying to remove it. You can contact him at www.ipscgun.com. Thanks to everyone for your replies.