Tromix - Bayonet Lug set-up

Here's a pic a a bayo lug mount I whipped up for the Saiga. It just uses a set-screw to scure the loop w/lug to the barrel. The bayo hoop can be opened up in about 30 seconds with a die grinder to fit the muzzle end. I had to add a mocked up barrel extension to my 12" gun to get the pic.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=231524

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on man, don't call me out on that one................   When people only own a few firearms, like under 30 or so, they have never really tried a large selection, so what ever they own is the "b

Posted Images

hey its not that tony, you are welcome to post anywhere, as most do :) this is one of those "speak your mind and be cool" boards. The owner is known for his lack of censorship, and is a russian american, I believe, for lack of a more specific term.

tony: if you need help, any of the guys that have "TOP MEMBER" next to thier names on here Im sure would be more than happy to help you out...

tony: if you need help, any of the guys that have "TOP MEMBER" next to thier names on here Im sure would be more than happy to help you out...

"advanced members" have been known to help. ;)

i told you guys this dude has some killer skills.

I believe he may be offering pistol grip conversions soon. If you've seen his other work, you know you won't be disappointed.

Caspian

yeh, advanced members help too... :) sorry to leave them out... everyone here is pretty down to earth, and you dont see hardly any public forums out there like this one in that you can say what you like to who you like, and its ok. real cool guys here......

I've always wanted to know....where all assult rifles full auto before 86?

No... manufacture/importation of new machine guns for non-military/law enforcement use was banned in 86. If you have a Class III license, you can only buy machineguns built/imported before 1986. "Assault weapon" was defined by the now expired 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

Yes, I know this....thats why I said BEFORE 1986.....

I just don't see why a AK-47 or AR15(M16 then) would have ever been produced then(pre 86) without a full auto option....and I just wanted to know if that was true.

Because full autos have been outlawed since 1938.

Until 1986 you could own any current full auto as long as you had the proper license.

I just don't see why a AK-47 or AR15(M16 then) would have ever been produced then(pre 86) without a full auto option....and I just wanted to know if that was true.

here's the deal. pre-1986, you could make your own MG. However, you had to fill out a Form 1, send in $200 and get your chief law enforcment officer to sign off on your plan for converting your gun. You then had to mark it with your name and city. Currently, MGs are the only thing banned. Therefore, today you can still make any other registered NFA (national firearms act) item including a Short Barreled Shotgun, Short Barreled Rifle, Suppressor, Any Other Weapon, or Destructive Devise.

So why doesn't everyone saw off their Remington 870? Simple, they don't want to deal with the paperwork, expense, or hassle of filling out forms and sending in $200. Also, they may not have a sheriff who will sign. Those are the same reasons everyone didn't turn their AR-15 into an M-16 back in the day. I bet if they knew their 1986 $350 AR would be worth $10,000 in 2004, they would have tried.

Caspian

p.s. There is no such thing as a Class 3 license. Each MG requires it's own paperwork. Each costs $200 to transfer.

Guys,

The is no such thing as a full auto license. Each full auto gun simply needs to be registered to you, just like your car. Prior to May of 1986 you could simply buy a Title 1 semi for the price of the gun plus an 11% excise tax. If the gun was full auto (title 2) it would cost you the gun, plus 11%, plus a $200 registration/transfer fee. Back then, M16's only cost about $500, so that $200 was a significant hit which most people (back then) could care less about running full auto.

Because full autos have been outlawed since 1938.

Until 1986 you could own any current full auto as long as you had the proper license.

o.k., here's the deal.

pre-1938 (i'm not sure that's the correct year, but it's in the ballpark), you could own any MG or suppressor without registration. Basically, you could go to a gunshow and legally buy a beltfed 1919 with cash and walk out.

in 1938 (gotta check the year it may be 1936), they required registration because the gangsters liked them. they made it a tax which would be so expensive, it would basically prohibit folks from buying or making them ($200).

Until 1968, you could buy a MG imported as a MG. A rare, but common example is the Uzi. There are very few pre1968 Uzis floating around. They run around $12K if you can find one. However, the importation of foreign MGs was stopped in 1968.

Until 1986 you (or manufacturers) could make MGs for sale to the public. This included conversions of both domesti and foreign semi-autos. All the Uzis you see for sale for $5K are converted semis. basically the same as a factory with 100% interchangable parts, just not a true factory gun. that applies to most AKs, HKs, etc.

after 1986, only the MGs which already were registered could be transfered to individuals. so today, you can still buy a machine gun, but you had better be ready to pay. sample prices are: 1919 beltfed $14K, Uzi $5-6K, Mac-10 $3K, M-16 $10K, AK $10K. (supply vs. demand)

If you want to get in NFA stuff, shortbarrel shotguns (like the short Saiga Tony is selling), Short barrel rifles (those with barrels below 16") Suppressors, and AOWs are still fairly inexpensive since the manuf. of said items is still allowed.

Caspian

It was 1934.

Caspian, your bike is slow......where's your nitrous? I have mine.

Tony

busa with nitrous!?!? i know folks who do it, but i can't figure out why. Shitting my pants @ 160 feels the same as shitting them @ 220+.

that's my "one day i'll have it" bike. For now, i have a 2002 GSF 1200 (Nakid Bandit). I've toyed around with throwing a turbo on it, but always find another use for $3K.

whatcha ride, tony?

Caspian

Nothing like hijacking my own thread.........but..........

I have a 1987 FZR 1000 with a pair of nitrous bottles sitting above the the single seat cowl in the back. I bought the bike new in 1987 for $5,500 and prompty installed the nitrous. It doesn't have the top-end of today's bikes but in an 1/8 mile, not a 1/4, it ran 6.5 seconds at 121mph. That's pretty fast for half a track with no wheelie bar. I also installed a Canadian Bristol Aerojet solid fuel rocket engine on it several years ago, though I never lit it off. It had 350 pounds of thrust for a 12 second burn, weighed 46 pounds, 26 inches long, and 6 inches in diameter. I have pics if you're interested..................

dude, you're a sick man.....i like it.

post or e-mail the picts and let's get back on topic.

When will your first batch of bayo lugs be ready? i still am waiting to hear about my Saiga, but it wouldn't hurt to get a few accessories for it.

later

caspian

Here's the latest on the Tromix Saiga project.

Rather than posting new stuff every day and bombard the board with my stuff, I am holding back and will unveil a pic of the final Tromix Saiga SBS in a few days. I have read all your e-mails and have taken some of your advise, but not all. The prototype gun is currently configured with a Tromix flash hider, bayo lug, Ace M249 paratrooper butstock, tactical light, picatinney rail forend, vertical grip, Tromix U.S. cold weather trigger housing, Tromix U.S. gas piston, and short overtravel/short reset trigger. The G3 rifle sights will be added shortly and then it will be refinished and ready to go.

UPS should deliver 10ea Saiga-12 shotguns tomorrow and the modifications will begin on all of them. It will take about 30 days for the Form 2's to clear the ATF, but that is plenty of time to complete all of the guns. They will then be ready to transfer to their new homes via a Form 3 in late January.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

www.tromix.com

New member, first post... I think that putting some bayo lug conversions up for the Saiga-12 is a very good idea. I also think you'll find a market for AK bayo lugs... a set screw part would be MUCH easier than pulling the FSB and installing a new gas assy or barrel.

The thing with the Ak bayonets and the 12g is that the barrel hoop on the ak bayo's is smaller than the US bayonets and I think it might not slide over the barrel on the 12, it should fit the 20 and 410 though, I am waiting for my s-12 to come in and when it does I'll check it against my bayonets.

• 4 weeks later...