Tromix - Bayonet Lug set-up

Wondering two things.

1. Would it be possible to get just the lug, no hoop, to silver-solder directly to the barrel? Any cautions about that? Price?

2. For those who have a flash hider and a bayo laying around... if I had a permanently attached flash hider like Johnny's, would there be enough meat in the bayo hoop to slide it over a hider?

1. m-16 lug: http://www.kurtskustomfirearms.citymax.com...9585/940610.htm

choate used to make one for mounting on shotgun barrels but when i talked to them last year they said they hadn't had any for years and had no plans to reintroduce them. maybe with the death of the awb, they'll rethink it...

2. you'll be cutting it close! man, we gotta get them s12c flash hiders...they're no wider than the current o.d. of the s12 barrel!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on man, don't call me out on that one................   When people only own a few firearms, like under 30 or so, they have never really tried a large selection, so what ever they own is the "b

Posted Images

DHunter, what is that buldge near the muzzle of your barrel? How easy is using the Brownels bake on (and any idea where I might find some)? I just got my lug yesterday and I'm looking forward to putting it on--just gotta blacken it up first and I'm just starting to look at various options.

Thanks Tony, the lug will make one of my s12 dreams come true :super:

DHunter, what is that buldge near the muzzle of your barrel? How easy is using the Brownels bake on (and any idea where I might find some)? I just got my lug yesterday and I'm looking forward to putting it on--just gotta blacken it up first and I'm just starting to look at various options.

Thanks Tony, the lug will make one of my s12 dreams come true :super:

The bulge is one of the factory screw chokes, I have slug and full choke tubes and the bayonet fits over them exactly without any reaming of the handguard.

As for the baking laquer. You can order it directly from Brownels. Just give it 20 min. to dry between coats (use at least 3 coats), then bake it @ 350 degrees for 20 min. It's easy.

Just be sure to degrease the lug before you start. I swished mine around in some acitone and let it dry before I started.

Does that bayo get in the way when fired?

NO it's fine. It tilts up just a little so I put a dowel in the barrel to check and it cleared the top of the bayonet by a hair more then 3/8". I also test fired it & could see no evidence that anything had touched it.

My thought was that the wads might hit it as they peeled open, but that does'nt seem to be happening.

And for jesusplayedwithwood. Heres a pic with the full choke on instead of the slug choke & a pic of the muzzle with both chokes removed showing the external threading.

BAYONET-C.jpg

Choke-a.jpg

DHunter, thanx much for the pics. I too have an externally threaded barrel, but no chokes. I had some on order through EAA but the bastards wussed out when Remington bought them and I'm not getting them anymore (at least through them). So now I'm up the creek for the chokes unless you know someone who has them and might be willing to part with them. I'll have to keep that Brownells stuff in mind...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...