? about the front sight / threading for muzzle devices

I've been thinking about how to had a brake/flash suppressor to my 308. I see several options

1) Move the front sight base back like people are doing, thread the barrel, and add the brake in a conventional manner.

2) Remove the front sight, install something like this part from K-Var, and use a 22mm device like a real AK74 brake. (With the correct bore so we don't get impacts. :haha: )

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?prod...=290&page=1

Looks like that's 22mm which wouldn't work w/ a lot of the muzzle attachments. What are the options?

3) See if anyone has added a 24mm attachment to front of the factory FSB.

Any other ideas? My tools for this consist of basic hand tools, drills ,and a couple of dremels. I have a couple of friends who are machinists, but I don't have ready access to a lathe or mill. I kind of like option 2 because it would give me a more original looking AK, but I'm concerned about barrel diameter & what it would take to make it fit.

Edited to change 22mm to 24mm. It appears that the AK74 stuff is 24mm. I'm still learning here. That's why I ask questions.

Edited by jhereg