Value of real Saiga 12C' ?

Thanks, I was not aware there was such a market for the 12C. I had been considering making modifications to it to make it a little more user friendly. Would these mods decrease the collector value?

I do not remember the name of the person that had it, but it was a private sale. He lived in KY or VA I think. I am not sure. This was the last one he had and just wanted to get rid of it. I think I remember him stating that he bought several of them from a dealer that was going under, and he was just interested in unloading them.

Chris

Have you shot it yet? I second the suggestion to thread the muzzle. Tromix sells solder on breaks, but given that you have a 12c, I'd go the extra mile and use a factory break. Threads will also give you the ability to use factory chokes.

I have not shot it yet. I like the idea of threading the barrel for muzzle breaks / flash hiders. I think it would keep it looking clean. Does any on have info on where to rent the threading tool and where to buy some good flash hiders?

Also would duracoating the gun reduce the value??? I was thinking of doing it in black just so it would look really nice....

Thanks! You guys have been great!!!!!

Molefortress you should call that guy ASAP and see if he needs to unload a few more. If so count me in!!!!

Moleforetress:

The guy was in VA and had several on GunsAmerica at that price; I bought mine from him for $450 too. Funny thing is that was $50 less than what I paid for my first S12 in 1998. I probably should have bought two or three of the S12Cs, but I'm happy just having the one. FYI - I think the barrel is about 24 inches.. I can't remember as I cut mine down to 18.5" and used Dinzag's threading tool to be able to use chokes.

Also... for those of you who remember 'the good ole days' I also picked up a complete S12 parts kit from him for $75 (less the barrel and receiver), three S12s from CDNN for $199 each, one local S12 with five Russian mags for $285, five 2rd mags for $8 each, and some spare bolt carrier/bolt groups for $40 each. Too bad parts/prices aren't that great anymore... but hey... it was nice while it lasted.

I'm both a collector and a shooter, but with regards to the orig 12C barrel config... it's too long and not versatile enough. I say do with it what you want unless you actually plan on selling it or you bought it for investment purposes. The reality is that someone else may pay you the same $$ for it because they won't have to pay to have it cut and threaded. Personally, I'll never sell my 12C unless I am homeless... so I'm not worried what 'fanatical' collectors want. Enjoy it, it's yours and nobody elses.

Edited by RDSWriter