Surefire Mag followers

I was curious if someone could take a few detailed pictures of their Surefire followers (out of the mag body)? I'm interested in converting my Bulgy followers so they are BHOs, but I'd like to see how the Surefires work.

Also, does anyone have a direct contact for Surefire? I was thinking about purchasing a follower, and seeing if it could be converted to fit the Bulgy waffles.

Courtney

Edited by Saab900TEC

Thanks or the link! I searched on Google, but I couldn't find anything.

actually, if you just took a dummy round and secured it to the follower, it would act as a BHO

I was actually thinking about cutting a .22LR casing in half, and gluing it to the top of the follower's hump. But, I think that a metal bolt will tear up the brass after a while. I looked at a Surefire mag at the local gun shop, and that's where I got the idea for the .22 shell. But, thiers is steel. The biggest thing I'm concerned about is ruining my followers. These mags weren't cheap!

Courtney

If you search the interweb, this has been done.

A guy used a fired 7.62x39 casing and jbwelded it to the top of his follower(s).

Worked fine for him. Reduced the capacity by one ( OH NOES 29 instead of 30! OH MY! )

Reduced the capacity by one ( OH NOES 29 instead of 30! OH MY! )

Still have the chamber, so still a 30! But, I could have 31!

I'm considering the .22 idea first. Still, I don't like the idea of destroying my follower. K-VAR is selling USA made 7.62 followers now, so maybe the 5.56 is on the way. At $1.99 a piece, I wouldn't mind screwing up a few!

Courtney

why dont you try cutting a 7.62 steel casing in half?

That's an idea, but what would be better is a steel cased .223! I'll have to pick up a box of Wolf/Silver Bear this week. I emailed Surefire about buying a follower, so I'll see what they say first. A drop in follower would be the best. Also, +1 USA count.

Courtney