Is it just me and my friends or does everyone NOT feel recoil when they are hunting. I just shot some turkeys with 1 7/8 oz loads this morning and I felt absolutely NO RECOIL whatsoever!!! In the same blind with me my buddy shot a deer w/ a .300 Rem Ultra Mag, his gun usualy moves your shoulder about 6-8" and he said the same about no felt recoil!

If only we could always be hunting when we shoot!! How much percieved recoil is there for a soldier when shooting at the enemy?

Sounds as if your other shooting is done from a bench. When you shoot from a bench you are in a matter of speaking glued to the bench and are a more rigid item when firing. Not as much give in your body and the felt recoil is greater than when you are firing from a standing or sitting position. The recoil is the same either way. You simply move some with the recoil when firing in most hunting positions.

The trick is to be able to not feel any recoil when bench shooting...

start with putting random numbers of rounds into your magazines before shooting.. if ya flinch when it goes click you need more work... after that, when you are able to not flinch, even with high power stuff.. the recoil will soon fade.

My theory... and the trick... just KEEP ON SHOOTING!!!!

The more you shoot the less you notice things like bench recoil and it just fades away in the fun!

OH... dont forget to time your shots between heartbeats...specially with them high power scopes. LOL

Adrenalin. Wonderfull stuff. Kills pain,sharpens reflexes-very addictive! (People have been known to sky dive and bungie jump just to get some!).

G O B

yup

ive never felt recoil when i have an animal in my sights.