mag fitting problem

ok so, another new saiga 12 another new problem. this time 4 outa 9 factory 5rd mags will not lock into place in the gun. all mags that do lock into place work great but some just won't lock in making them useless. I tried to shave some material off the back of the mag but that didnt help. all the mags look alike too which kinda has me scratchin my head. any ideas?

thanks everyone

Mine was worst! Only one out of 16 mags would fit, kinda. I had to cut some off the mag catch with a mini-Dremel. A little at a time does it!

Are these empty mags? If there empty, I had to file a couple of strokes off the top of the mag catch. If they are full then it may be a follower problem. I filed a few strokes, tryed all my mags, then a few more strokes. If you're going to file your catch, go slow, be patient. It maybe just a tiny bit of material.

i've tried it on both full & empty mags and get the same results. Just so i'm clear here the material needs to be taken off the top of the mag catch right, like if it is standing vertical I remove it from the 12 o'clock position not the 1 or 2 o'clock? do they make a replacement for this incase I really screw the pooch?

thanks again everyone

i've tried it on both full & empty mags and get the same results. Just so i'm clear here the material needs to be taken off the top of the mag catch right, like if it is standing vertical I remove it from the 12 o'clock position not the 1 or 2 o'clock? do they make a replacement for this incase I really screw the pooch?

thanks again everyone

12 o'clock tiny bit at a time. you might be able to get that catch from rusmilitary I think.

thanks again everyone

12 o'clock tiny bit at a time. you might be able to get that catch from rusmilitary I think.

Saigastock also has them. Not on the web. You have to call them.