Centurion Multi-Defense Buckshot

OK,this is the buck and ball load. Has anyone played with these yet?I bought a box but won't be out shooting unfortunately for a long time.On looks, it appears the crimp may malform pretty easy as a top round in a S-12 mag but other than that I know nothing of these.Got them for $16 a box, probably over paid since the place I got them for is known for that, like 7.62X39 Barnaul ammo for $10 a box!Figured if i had ordered them i would have had shipping costs anyway.

It sells for 10.80 to 12.00 10 box. I love it, I haven't seen it in ballistics gel put would like to. The same ball and buck sells in a 3 pack as specialty ammo in a lot of magazine for 15.00 and up. But it shot in my saiga fine. :super:

What the hell? I bought 250 rounds of this stuff for about $180 1-1/2 years ago. Overpriced, and they were a tight fit in my 1st gen AGP 10 rounders (a little more sanding will remedy this). They aren't worth the exorbitant prices you just quoted though.

I don't think he wanted to buy a case right off the bat. Ammo is cheaper in bulk every one knows. 10.-12.is one box price at least that is what I have seen it run. I don't know if I have put it in GEN1 mag but I had no problems with it.

Well I got out crow hunting today and brought out 3 of them to try. At 25 yards, they indeed group really tight and hit maybe a couple inches lower than regular slugs. I shot through a 12" dead dried tree and the pumpkin ball ended up almost going all the way through the tree. I was able to get it out of a splinter on the other side. Hard alloy lead for sure! Two of the buckshot pellets followed the pumpkin ball through and smashed into it, flattening the buckshot but the pumpkin ball still looks as if it never has been fired! Amazing! I shot then at 15 yards and blew the center out of the target as everything minus the wad went through one ragged hole! Now I want more............. :up:

Edited by THE_HUNTER
  • 1 month later...

Today I finally got out to the gun club to try more rounds in 3 different shotguns. Shotguns were S-12 with no choke, Remington 870 with modified choke, and a High Standard Bullpup with no choke. The no choke shotguns grouped really tight at 25 yards and shot about a foot high, so in my guestimation at 50 yards it would be dead on. The Remington with the modified choke opened things up a bit but still deadly. If I get out for coyote or zombies, this is my choice for sure! Chance on kills at 100 yards! Who woulda thunk it!

Note this is my other S-12 without the Polychoke. The Polychoke one was used earlier in postings.

Edited by THE_HUNTER
  • 9 months later...

I do not have a S12 yet, but I like it and want more info. I shot one that was 10shot mag fed in 12g, with a screw on choke (weird, it screwed on the outside! This thing was really heavy duty and shot anything from 20cent birdshot to slugs and buck-n-ball loads.

Have you tried Dixie Slugs brand Tri Ball loads? They sell 3" magnum hunting loads with 3 66cal balls each, and they are made to kill hogs. They work well in Rem 870s and Moss 500/835 even with turkey chokes.

I have been wondering about the Centurion Buck n Ball loads. I wanted some but didn't know if they were quality or not. Do you like them still? Would you recommend to buy for a defense gun?

Today I finally got out to the gun club to try more rounds in 3 different shotguns. Shotguns were S-12 with no choke, Remington 870 with modified choke, and a High Standard Bullpup with no choke. The no choke shotguns grouped really tight at 25 yards and shot about a foot high, so in my guestimation at 50 yards it would be dead on. The Remington with the modified choke opened things up a bit but still deadly. If I get out for coyote or zombies, this is my choice for sure! Chance on kills at 100 yards! Who woulda thunk it!

Note this is my other S-12 without the Polychoke. The Polychoke one was used earlier in postings.