Tromix Cometition Saiga has been Discontinued.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are very time consuming to build and the competition guys all want the guns tweaked to their specific requirements, which involves continuous R&D and burns TONS of administrative time working out all the details. Unfortunately, that is not profitable and not the direction I want to go. Tromix will end up more like Krebs very shortly, and make production runs of standard models. Most likely the S02, S08, and S17.

Tony

Tony, I kinda of figured that was the issue.

I also think the direction your heading will be more profitable for you as well.

Hell, with your knowledge of the S12 platform and your mfg skills, maybe you should look into a 100% USA made Tromix 12.

That's correct. I will custom build (with standard Tromix options) what is on the books up to #550 or so, but any new orders booked Oct 1, 2008 and onward will only be for selected standard Tromix models. This will most likely only entail the S17, S08, and S02. But I may add other models. All the one-off custom crap where customer's design their own parts and send in goofy crap to hang on their gun is coming to an immediate end.

If you want one-off stuff like that, you should choose a shop that caters towards that type of work.

Tony Rumore

That's correct. I will custom build (with standard Tromix options) what is on the books up to #550 or so, but any new orders booked Oct 1, 2008 and onward will only be for selected standard Tromix models. This will most likely only entail the S17, S08, and S02. But I may add other models. All the one-off custom crap where customer's design their own parts and send in goofy crap to hang on their gun is coming to an immediate end.

If you want one-off stuff like that, you should choose a shop that caters towards that type of work.

Tony Rumore

well, i understand.

to be perfectly honest, i've learned enough here over the years that i have figured out most of the stuff can be done myself. still sad though. yours is a name people trust, not to mention "the bling factor." does adjusting barrel length and gas system fall under the category of "options" or "won't do"; i hate to keep asking all these questions, but i just recall that being something you are are very meticulous about and do better than others .

...does adjusting barrel length and gas system fall under the category of "options" or "won't do...

Go to the website (link in my sigline) and check the models "S17","S08", and "S02". It is 90% likely that one of these will be the basis for any custom gun imaginable.

#S02-Tromix Saiga 12ga

shown with Tromix handguard, HK sights, 16.5" barrel, and permanently attached Shark Brake (18.2" OAL).

S02-16inchwt.gif

#S08-Tromix Saiga 12ga

SWAT Tromix 8" S-12 with Tapco CAR stock, slotted handguard, door breacher, and EO Tech sight.

SWATLg.jpg

#S17-Tromix Saiga 12ga

Tromix folding stock, 8" barrel, HK sights, galil charging handle, and door breacher.

8inchLage3w.jpg

Good call Tony stocking a standard Spec weapon will make your life a lot easier, and profitable I bet. You could always offer a custom service

down the road but...at a premium price.

It seem the Web has made waffling all that much easier. Have customers that do it to me all the time :devil:

first let me say, i totally empathize with what it must have been like to deal with totally custom orders.

i had only really planned on having a 10inch barrel, which doesn't seem to fit into your proposed lineup.

i understand why...they only accounted for like 10% of your orders, but truth be told, i had planned on being within that 10% one day.

i guess it's not like i couldn't do this stuff, but whether or not i can do the "best possible job", that's another matter entirely. i'll cross that bridge when i come to it; it's certainly nothing to get my shorts in a wad over right now.

all-in-all, i recognize that performing a craft and running a business successfully are totally different things, and as you get better at one, it often makes the other more difficult. plus, at some point, you do get tired of dealing with dudes, most of whom don't know what you do but would like to give you a hard time anyways. as i was determined to keep mine a hobby, i religiously avoided anything to make what i did a successful business, which sounds crazy, but allowed me to walk away with it and make my career path something else. obviously, you guys are making a smarter move and i'm sure all of us here hopes it works out.

I think it is the ONLY way that Tony can keep things rolling and satisfy the demand. Kudos for nutting up and announcing it. If you really want something exotic all it takes is money and research. Anything can be had, even a Custom Tromix! Perhaps the custom work won't be done by Tony but the basis of your weapon will be and we all know that a solid foundation is important. Good move Tony.

My fault, sorry guys. Hopefully he's still willing to do mine :ded:

I'm trying not to be this guy http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=15740 :rolleyes:

Hey FUCKTARD, that was me... so kiss my ass! :evil:

No, fuck YOU asshole. I was just joking around and being light hearted.

If you got a problem, take it up with Tony for 1) openly mocking you and 2) posting your private communication on an open forum. Don't be a douche and blame me for just posting the link.

The rifles are coming. Either 444 Marlin, 375 Marlin, or both.

But there will only be ONE configuration.....and I get to choose it. :D

Good to hear! Use my build number for one of those in 444 Marlin (if I have a choice ;) ).

While understanding your business decision and knowing you've wanted to get away from custom work for a long time I think it is a sad day for the Saiga community as we just lost one of our best custom builders. :cry:

My fault, sorry guys. Hopefully he's still willing to do mine :ded:

I'm trying not to be this guy http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=15740 :rolleyes:

Hey FUCKTARD, that was me... so kiss my ass! :evil:

No, fuck YOU asshole. I was just joking around and being light hearted.

If you got a problem, take it up with Tony for 1) openly mocking you and 2) posting your private communication on an open forum. Don't be a douche and blame me for just posting the link.

Too many guys on this forum argue like a bunch of sorority girls who ran out of tampons and ice cream, all PMSing at the same time.

Too many guys on this forum argue like a bunch of sorority girls who ran out of tampons and ice cream, all PMSing at the same time.

Agruably, truer words have never been conveyed here.

(In other words, I couldn't agree with you more zakmatthews.)

I'm done.

:super:

#S02-Tromix Saiga 12ga

shown with Tromix handguard, HK sights, 16.5" barrel, and permanently attached Shark Brake (18.2" OAL).

S02-16inchwt.gif

#S17-Tromix Saiga 12ga

Tromix folding stock, 8" barrel, HK sights, galil charging handle, and door breacher.

8inchLage3w.jpg

Seriously,

What more could you want than these??