Tromix Cometition Saiga has been Discontinued.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes total sense for Tony to only offer a few base models. He has quite a few on the current website and customers aren't always easy to please.

When I had my S12 in...I emailed him a few times to make sure we were on the same page, but other than that I left him alone. Tony is sought after for Saiga conversions due to his craftsmanship. He will make every attempt to give you want you request, but some customers are damn near impossible to please. I know I asked Tony what he would do if it was his shotgun when it came to mine. He is after all the expert and I would definately listen to what he has to say.

I'm sure some will whine about not having every spec they listed, but oh well. I say if they don't want your business after explaining it in advance...you don't need their business. I'm certain you will have plenty of die hard loyal customers that will continue to go to you for your work.

Having one of Tony's conversions is an honor and the pictures don't do them any justice.

The Tromix Competition Saiga has been discontinued and will be removed from the Tromix website tonight.

I realize how frustrating it must be to deal with a lot of special custom requests but how about keeping just a standard configuration competition model as well for those of us who like to compete in open class? Your competition guns have the reputation for being the bees knees. They don't have to be individually customized to still be a great high demand fun gun.

Please, pretty please keep a stock competition gun as an opton?

OK....let me put something together that works for competition, but doesn't take a friggin week to build.

Tony

Thanks Tony. Are you going to accept owner's Saiga 12's for a competition conversion or will they just come fully modified by you? If the first I'll try to backorder one from somewhere to play with in the meantime. If the latter I'll wait until your waiting list opens up and buy direct from you.

OK....let me put something together that works for competition, but doesn't take a friggin week to build.

Tony

Tony, The one you did for me is perfect. Besides adding a magwell, I do not think there is anything else anyone would need for a serious competition gun. Not sure how long it took to build it mine.

Greg Queen

• 4 weeks later...
#S02-Tromix Saiga 12ga

shown with Tromix handguard, HK sights, 16.5" barrel, and permanently attached Shark Brake (18.2" OAL).

S02-16inchwt.gif

#S17-Tromix Saiga 12ga

Tromix folding stock, 8" barrel, HK sights, galil charging handle, and door breacher.

8inchLage3w.jpg

Seriously,

What more could you want than these??

Well, I'd like a triple dogleg charging handle on the S-02 and... :haha:

• 2 months later...

There has been a little progress. I have been working with Taran Butler (grand master shooter) and have narrowed down the mods to the following. Standard pistol grip conversion, Rem Chokes, muzzle brake, picatinny rail for a small optic, and a magwell. I am in the process of designing a small rail that can be quickly installed (straight in all directions) on the gas tube/trunion. The last hurdle is the magwell. This could be a problem. It is the most difficult piece to make (correctly) and all the mags have to mod'd to work with it and DROP FREE. The consensus is the magwell is also a mandatory option. I have been down this road before, and I know guys will want the magwell, and then will also want me to modify 150 fucking magazines to work with it. So, the magwell install will probably include 4 magazine mods, but after that you get to pay $250ea for every additional mag you want modified. That should stop the mag collectors from driving me insane.

So, without a working mag and magwell combination that can be installed quickly, the whole project is going nowhere.

Tony

There has been a little progress. I have been working with Taran Butler (grand master shooter) and have narrowed down the mods to the following. Standard pistol grip conversion, Rem Chokes, muzzle brake, picatinny rail for a small optic, and a magwell. I am in the process of designing a small rail that can be quickly installed (straight in all directions) on the gas tube/trunion. The last hurdle is the magwell. This could be a problem. It is the most difficult piece to make (correctly) and all the mags have to mod'd to work with it and DROP FREE. The consensus is the magwell is also a mandatory option. I have been down this road before, and I know guys will want the magwell, and then will also want me to modify 150 fucking magazines to work with it. So, the magwell install will probably include 4 magazine mods, but after that you get to pay $250ea for every additional mag you want modified. That should stop the mag collectors from driving me insane.

So, without a working mag and magwell combination that can be installed quickly, the whole project is going nowhere.

Tony

Would you consider making the competition model without the magwell? Let us deal with the magwell issue on our own.

Greg

I agree also if that is going to be a deal killer for the competition gun. MD ARMS was supposed to come out with a magwell that would perform as you stated as soon as they started shipping their drums -which I understand are now shipping. If true it could provide a quick easy to install solution. If not, no magwell and AGP 2nd generation mags on a competition gun from you would still be the best gun out there.

Hi Tony. Do you know if the Polychoke and AGP magazines will still be usable on the competition version? All I have now is a Saiga 12 with the factory 5 round magazine. I'd like to enhance the gun in the meantime but I'd don't want to buy any accessories that I wouldn't be able to still use after the competition conversion.

Also, will your competition gun use your Competition Tromix stock? Thanks, Jim

Seriously,

What more could you want than these??

well my 8in shotgun will be for door breaching, with remchokes installed and a cut down ultimak rail on top. I may add optics and a sidefolding magpul CTR carbine stock later.

My main goal was to have a small high capacity shotgun I can carry with my M4 rifle thats NOT combersome, hopefully I can get it before I deploy again.

Edited by mike123456
I can't answer that, since I have not finalized the comp gun spec yet.

Yes, it will have the Competition Stock on it, since the gun will be set up for optic use only.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I'll hold off on any extras until you finalize the specs. Great news on the stock. Will the optics set up be for the Docter/JPoint style of optics that you make an optics mount for?

I am going to try and make a rail that can be easily installed (unlike the nightmare Ultimak cut-down) and most likely make it long enough that many types of sights can be added. The old Competition rail was only long enough to handle the Dr Optic size sights.

Tony

I guess I need to call Tromix; however, I am currently waiting on a Form1 approval (SBS) and I wanted to see if Tony is accepting any new orders.

I don't want any special shit just a 8" Folding Stock shotgun conversion with the new gas system bla bla bla. I have already converted this one to PG (Tapco SAW Grip and FCG) and have also installed Tony's FH and Bayo lug (which will be cut off when the paperwork is approved).

I would like to be put on the list and when my number comes up I'll send in the gun.

What's the word Tony or my fellow Saiga-12 brothers? The Tromix website leads me to believe that I am SOL.

MadDog in GA

Here is one of my 19's that I did myself and NOT the 21" that I am waiting on BATFE approval for:

Saiga12_sm.jpg

According to plan, Tony will begin accepting orders again on October 1st.

Thanks BOB! I'll call on October 1 and get'er lined up!!!

The timing will be perfect:

Approved Form 1

MD Drums delivered

Tony Accepting new work!!!

HOT DAMN!

Maybe my form 4 will be appoved too (a NIB CAC 22 - been waiting for 10 months on this f'ed up transfer)

MadDog (Thanks again Bob)

It's the top S12 that I'm going to SBS (this was before I added the FH and bayo lug):

Saiga12x2_sm.JPG