Tromix Cometition Saiga has been Discontinued.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 6" is a rather poor choice if you want to actually shoot your gun, rather then just look at it. It is very finicky on which shells it will cycle, so you would have to test a pile of them, and then settle on the few that actually work in it. I can't thread the end of the barrel on the 6" either, so there is no way to extend the barrel after you call me to complain about the blast. The barrel is cropped off right at the edge of your forward hand. If your hand slips forward during recoil, your subsequent shot could blow your hand off.

In order to cycle the gun, you have to fire heavy magnum rounds on gas setting #2. The cycling is violent and I doubt the gun will last very long before it beats itself apart. There is no warranty on the 6" model.

The 8" gun works so nicely, I don't know why anyone would want to screw it all up by cutting 2" off the barrel.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

The 6" is a rather poor choice if you want to actually shoot your gun, rather then just look at it. It is very finicky on which shells it will cycle, so you would have to test a pile of them, and then settle on the few that actually work in it. I can't thread the end of the barrel on the 6" either, so there is no way to extend the barrel after you call me to complain about the blast. The barrel is cropped off right at the edge of your forward hand. If your hand slips forward during recoil, your subsequent shot could blow your hand off.

In order to cycle the gun, you have to fire heavy magnum rounds on gas setting #2. The cycling is violent and I doubt the gun will last very long before it beats itself apart. There is no warranty on the 6" model.

The 8" gun works so nicely, I don't know why anyone would want to screw it all up by cutting 2" off the barrel.

Tony Rumore

Tromix Corp

Well...on THAT note...fuck it. Your the magician with this stuff! 8" it is then!

• 1 month later...
I am going to try and make a rail that can be easily installed (unlike the nightmare Ultimak cut-down) and most likely make it long enough that many types of sights can be added. The old Competition rail was only long enough to handle the Dr Optic size sights.

Tony

Tony,

Any follow-up on the specs for the competition gun?

• 3 months later...