Metal cased 12 ga ammo available again (for now)

My problem is that I keep buckshot in my mags, and the metal cased 7 1/2 birdshot will not cycle on that setting. If you are going to keep the mag full of birdshot it would work great.

I had a guy make me a box of brass cased #00 buck and I use one of them for my first round.

I've used the 00 buck before. I learned that even though it all is considered 23/4" ammo, there are atleast two different lengths of shells. The first case was too long to fit in the s-12 mags. The length is marked in mm on the box. I believe GOB had some that is the correct length.

It's already funny to see the expressions on peoples faces when burning through a full mag at the range, but when the elmers see ya loading up some steel hull rounds it seems allthough the more evil. :devil:

I've used the 00 buck before. I learned that even though it all is considered 23/4" ammo, there are atleast two different lengths of shells. The first case was too long to fit in the s-12 mags. The length is marked in mm on the box. I believe GOB had some that is the correct length.

It's already funny to see the expressions on peoples faces when burning through a full mag at the range, but when the elmers see ya loading up some steel hull rounds it seems allthough the more evil. :devil:

GOB?

It has a very slight crimp and is plugged with a plastic plunger like the back of a caulking tube, and it is set in there pretty far. The OAL is 2.5". If it were roll crimped it would be about .375" shorter.

It looks like it could be reloaded if you could get a similar plug, but it might be hard to re-crimp because it is a steel shell.

Already covered my review/opinion on them.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18532

Essentially, it "says" for 2 3/4 ......but its a 3 inch shell and it will crimp on you when you charge the bolt. You have to place less rounds in the mag to "possibly" avoid that. This is because there is literally no support a the end of that case (the plug is inset back at the 2 3/4 height and you have no support for the last 1/4 inch or so.

It'll crush on a full mag and then racking it. Bolt mods might avoid it...but odds are that will merely destroy your bolt.

~S

Edited by whatmanual
Already covered my review/opinion on them.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=18532

Essentially, it "says" for 2 3/4 ......but its a 3 inch shell and it will crimp on you when you charge the bolt. You have to place less rounds in the mag to "possibly" avoid that. This is because there is literally no support a the end of that case (the plug is inset back at the 2 3/4 height and you have no support for the last 1/4 inch or so.

It'll crush on a full mag and then racking it. Bolt mods might avoid it...but odds are that will merely destroy your bolt.

~S

I read your post from 2007.

Did you every get around to cutting off the unsupported case and trying it again?