Red Stick/Red Jacket doing Atlantic's Saiga conversions?

This guy just got his converted Saiga from Atlantic Firearms, and said Red Stick is the company doing the conversions for them? Any truth to this? I haven't heard anything about it, so I'm curious.

*note the bead-weld looking bullet guide in the guys pictures. It doesn't seem like something Red Stick would do, unless it was a time/money saver because they are doing so many conversions for Atlantic. I dunno.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?...d=1#post4568160

No.

RedStick makes products.

Atlantic Firearms just happens to sell those products.

RedStick does not "convert for Atlantic" any more than Goodyear makes tires for Wal-Mart.

For all of you who have been wondering about the new "converted Saigas" that AIM, Atlantic and others have recently started selling. Here is the "bullet guide":

dscf1640qe6.jpg

I do not think RedJacket had anything to do with this. I don't think they'd drop their standards so low.

So is the little weld/bullet guide something Will does?

That's what I was thinking, Nalioth. When I saw that "guide", then read that Red Jacket had done it, that's what raised my eyebrow.

Edited by 22_Shooter

From another forum:

Red Jacket does produce a ton of Saiga converisons for us but these are built by TG , we have sold about 50 of them with no complaints .

I have been suspecting Tennessee Guns of pushing this crap off, but now have confirmation.

From another forum:

Red Jacket does produce a ton of Saiga converisons for us but these are built by TG , we have sold about 50 of them with no complaints .

I have been suspecting Tennessee Guns of pushing this crap off, but now have confirmation.

I just read that too. I think that guy should edit his post where he said Red Stick converted it :ded: .

I saw that.. I emailed Will regarding it.

When I emailed him a long time ago he said they put in a guide...

"Bullet Guide's " in Saiga's , Allway's have , allways will . Don't know/care what Bubba's doing with his builds , not sure who did that thing pictured . Makes you feel bad for the customer though . The REAL Will :)

BTW.. they closed the thread over at THR...

Thanks for the reply Will!

And thanks for returning my email, I know you're busy so I appreciate the fact you took time out of your day to reply.

MD

Stop sending Will emails!, he's not done with my gun yet. He needs all his energy and focus to pull this one off! :eek:

Stop sending Will emails!, he's not done with my gun yet. He needs all his energy and focus to pull this one off! :eek:

.......Looks like I have another one to go rub my ass on....................

:haha:

Can anyone with a REAL BRAIN explain to me how pwn3d got to be used for OWNED, and why, I mean REALLY WHY it STUCK?!?!?!?

Personally, I think its just about the most retarded thing to ever come off the net since.... I dunno... arguing on it... :unsure:

:smoke:

Can anyone with a REAL BRAIN explain to me how pwn3d got to be used for OWNED, and why, I mean REALLY WHY it STUCK?!?!?!?

Personally, I think its just about the most retarded thing to ever come off the net since.... I dunno... arguing on it... :unsure:

From what's left of my real brain, combination of a typo and ?dyslexia in addition to the fact that your brain really only 'sees' the first and last letters of a word and sort of automatically fills in the middle. There are some good examples of this floating around on the internet. 'at's my theory.

Playing America's Army with my gaming clan, Highest Degree of Brotherhood, one of our members, a sgt. with the 101st in Clarksville, started us using that term about a year and a half ago, or so. i've seen it used mostly in online gaming communities.

For all of you who have been wondering about the new "converted Saigas" that AIM, Atlantic and others have recently started selling. Here is the "bullet guide":

dscf1640qe6.jpg

I do not think RedJacket had anything to do with this. I don't think they'd drop their standards so low.

Can someone give me a picture exactly like this, but with a real proper bullet guide? I'd like to see what i'm jumping into before picking up my Saiga.

DUDE!!!! you don't want nothin' like that! Some hack just hit it a few times with a rotary tool!

Here, follow this......

http://www.dinzagarms.com/saiga_762x39/saiga_762x39.html

Playing America's Army with my gaming clan, Highest Degree of Brotherhood, one of our members, a sgt. with the 101st in Clarksville, started us using that term about a year and a half ago, or so. i've seen it used mostly in online gaming communities.

What a coincidence!

My son in law was the lead designer on that game.

Can someone give me a picture exactly like this, but with a real proper bullet guide? I'd like to see what i'm jumping into before picking up my Saiga.
Here's one I major fubarred the tapping of and went old school ( rivet ) on it...

saiga556_658.JPG

Looks like hell, runs like a swiss watch...

Edited by nalioth

How did you screw up the tapping? I'm asking so i can prevent falling into the same mistake. I do know how to handle metal(mostly), as i learned to be a turner at some point, but hey, better safe than sorry ;)

Here's one I major fubarred the tapping of and went old school ( rivet ) on it...

saiga556_658.JPG

Looks like hell, runs like a swiss watch...

:shocked::amazing:

How did you screw up the tapping? I'm asking so i can prevent falling into the same mistake. I do know how to handle metal(mostly), as i learned to be a turner at some point, but hey, better safe than sorry ;)
Drilling and tapping is a skill you'll have to learn for yourself ( the drilling is the easy part ).

There is "nothing to look out for", I just don't have that particular experience yet.

Now that's funnt! :lolol:

Drilling and tapping is a skill you'll have to learn for yourself ( the drilling is the easy part ).

There is "nothing to look out for", I just don't have that particular experience yet.

There's nothing to it if you go slow and use the correct size drill bit for the tap you intend to use. Then only turn it a quarter to a half turn at a time, backing off the same each time to clear the pieces of metal out. Where people run into trouble breaking taps is when they get it in a bind and try to force it. Also you need to keep the tap straight and don't let it "wobble" off axis. A variable speed cordless drill with a clutch is very helpful with this. Also use plenty of oil. The part you need to thread in the trunnion is not very thick at all and the steel isn't hardened like some other PITA gun parts that need threading.

The worst thing I ever tried to tap was an SKS receiver with one of those bubba job scope mounts that goes over the dust cover and connects to the sides of the receiver with 4 tiny screws. That POS is probably one of the worst things ever designed as an add on gun part. :ded: I bet we broke at least one tap for each of the four holes!

The Saiga trunnion is cake though.

From what's left of my real brain, combination of a typo and ?dyslexia in addition to the fact that your brain really only 'sees' the first and last letters of a word and sort of automatically fills in the middle. There are some good examples of this floating around on the internet. 'at's my theory.

Pretty good theory, I think its about right. I had heard that it originated as a typo in the original version of a popular online game, can't remember which, but that does make sense, P is next to O after all. Why it stuck? I dunno.