Red Stick/Red Jacket doing Atlantic's Saiga conversions?

Can anyone with a REAL BRAIN explain to me how pwn3d got to be used for OWNED, and why, I mean REALLY WHY it STUCK?!?!?!?

Personally, I think its just about the most retarded thing to ever come off the net since.... I dunno... arguing on it... :unsure:

:smoke:

it's an online first person shooter term.

it started as 'owned'. but when you type fast, you might miss by a key, so o could become p, and e might become 3.

however the e to 3 transition can also be because of 'leet' speak (aka 1337 speak), meaning "elite" speak. where for example e becomes 3, o becomes 0, s becomes 5, etc.

anyhow, i suspect most CS kiddies say 'pwnd' nowadays, so no e, no 3.

why this crap has carried over into general usage, who knows.

For all of you who have been wondering about the new "converted Saigas" that AIM, Atlantic and others have recently started selling. Here is the "bullet guide":

dscf1640qe6.jpg

I do not think RedJacket had anything to do with this. I don't think they'd drop their standards so low.

Well if it works...

For all of you who have been wondering about the new "converted Saigas" that AIM, Atlantic and others have recently started selling. Here is the "bullet guide":

dscf1640qe6.jpg

I do not think RedJacket had anything to do with this. I don't think they'd drop their standards so low.

Well if it works...

Yeah, it's an AK after all.

• 1 month later...
Can anyone with a REAL BRAIN explain to me how pwn3d got to be used for OWNED, and why, I mean REALLY WHY it STUCK?!?!?!?

Personally, I think its just about the most retarded thing to ever come off the net since.... I dunno... arguing on it... :unsure:

From what's left of my real brain, combination of a typo and ?dyslexia in addition to the fact that your brain really only 'sees' the first and last letters of a word and sort of automatically fills in the middle. There are some good examples of this floating around on the internet. 'at's my theory.

My brother works for bungie, They outlawed the word owned on halo servers for internet play you would be booted for saying owned, so insted they just said pwned. And it started on the xbox not the internet. I'm a loser I know.

From what's left of my real brain, combination of a typo and ?dyslexia in addition to the fact that your brain really only 'sees' the first and last letters of a word and sort of automatically fills in the middle. There are some good examples of this floating around on the internet. 'at's my theory.

Pretty good theory, I think its about right. I had heard that it originated as a typo in the original version of a popular online game, can't remember which, but that does make sense, P is next to O after all. Why it stuck? I dunno.

I think it started with the 133T H4x0r crowd and caught on since everyone used it to mock them... :devil:

My brother works for bungie, They outlawed the word owned on halo servers for internet play you would be booted for saying owned, so insted they just said pwned. And it started on the xbox not the internet. I'm a loser I know.

Small world.

My son in law works for Amaze.

• 1 month later...

To set the records straight the pic of the Atlantic Arms Saiga is a pic of MY converted Saiga. A less than mature member from The High Road has dragged it over here because he gets off trying to bash me or my weapon for some reason. I honestly suspect there is an ulterior motive when someone goes on numerous forums to bash a product from someone else with that much vigor. I DOUBT it's for our benefit.

He doesn't mention that the thread in question was corrected. Anyone with a lick of sense who reads the thread can see that. It was an honest mistake as REDSTICK does do some of the builds that Altantic sells. They don't do this particular model and Atlantic Arms signed on and corrected my post very quickly. Secondly he doesn't bother to mention that when I ordered and received the Saiga I wasn't sold on the way they did the bullet guide either. It isn't pretty but it works just fine. I haven't' seen the need to grind it off and replace it with two more parts that could theoretically fail in a way that this can not. If I change my mind, grinding it off and installing a Dinzag guide will be easy.

As it is I have over 250 rounds through my Atlantic Arms conversion and it has been totally reliable as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to the range today and I plan on firing another 150-200 rounds. If its reliable that what does it matter what the guide looks like? I'm bringing my camera and I'll post my range time on Youtube later. If it works, it works. Bashing it does nothing.

Lastly, the TG model being sold by AIM, Altantic, Classic Arms, etc... now has a proper bullet guide installed. So I guess some people will have to find something else to whine about.

Personally, I ignore the Anti-Atlantica Arms Troll. He causes much more trouble than its worth.

Edited by jon_in_wv

Here is my original post on June 4th,

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/

This is supposedly the company that does the conversion. I checked the AK47 boards and I heard nothing but positive things about this company.

Here is the Correction posted by Atlantic Arms a few hours later on the same day.

Red Jacket does produce a ton of Saiga converisons for us but these are built by TG , we have sold about 50 of them with no complaints .

So what was the point of dragging this over here other than for 22 shooter and Nalioth to bash the company? Beats me. You can see they have both posted on my threads about Atlantic Arms several times making all type of claims. None of which hold much value.

Edited by jon_in_wv
So what was the point of dragging this over here other than for 22 shooter and Nalioth to bash the company? Beats me. You can see they have both posted on my threads about Atlantic Arms several times making all type of claims. None of which hold much value.

Please show me where I "bashed" Atlantic OR you OR your Saiga! I didn't........in this thread, or your thread on THR.

Please show me these "all types of claims" I have made about Atlantic.

As for:

So what was the point of dragging this over here other than for 22 shooter and Nalioth to bash the company? Beats me.

I "dragged" this over here, because at the time of me making this thread, it WAS NOT KNOWN who converted it, thus me asking. :huh: What does that matter anyway? Because you posted it on THR means I can't post a question about it here?

Whether some like it or not, this forum is the Saiga headquarters, so it would make sense for me to ask about it HERE.

I'm glad your Saiga works good. You seem to be under the impression that I wished it to fail miserably, because it has an unconventional bullet guide. Wrong. Maybe you have security issues. Don't worry, no one is laughing at you. No one is looking at you. It's OK. Relax.

This thread was started because it does not seem like something Redstick would do. That's all, and that's why I asked.

But I'll keep in mind, for future reference, that things posted elsewhere on other forums, are FORBIDDEN to be referred to on another forum.

But anyways, yes, please show me where I "bashed" anything/anyone. :Johnboy:

There are a few other guys who also post on the THR that have taken the time to bash Atlantic Arms, TG, my gun, and to attack me. If you didn't bash me then perhaps I shoudn't have lumped you in there. You did post on the same thread on THR as the others. My only real reference to you was the quick rush to get all excited be I said I THINK Redstick did the conversion ( emphasis on THINK and I also said that Redstick apparantly had a very good reputation and I would be glad if it came from them). It was quickly corrected for everyone to see. I don't even normally post on this forum but OTHERS from THR said I could go on here and find ALL KINDS of negative reviews about the Atlantic Arms Saigas. (I believe redsitck does do the FULL conversions, if not, EXCUUUUUSE MEEEEEEE)

I checked here first before buying the dang thing. My only issue is that I could care less what a bunch of dufusses say about my Saiga but when they start posting MY photo and bashing it, I'm going to defend it. Christ you would think I spent their money on it the way some of these guys cry. Heck I wouldn't even have given a crap in the first place but they troll every dang thread I post on like school girls with a crush.

To be fair also, you started the thread, questioning what I said. You shouldn't get too bent if I choose to say something about it. It wasn't even your comments that got me worked up.

Ugly as it is it works like the blazes and I haven't found a reason to change it. No one has offered one single other criticism of it that held water so I'm satisfied. I could have spent a lot more and gotten one from Redstick and I'm sure it would have a pretty new bullet guide in it but I seriously doubt it would put holes in paper any better than this one. It certainly wouldn't justify the price difference (FOR ME). I assume Redstick isn't selling them for 549. (More like 639 and you get the bullet guide and a better magazine, I got the weapon, case, and five magazines for 549. I think I could spring for a bullet guide and not consider myself a "poor SOB" like was said earlier)

Once again 22 shooter my apologies and I hope there are no hard feelings on your part.

Hell you can find pics of guys making bullet guides out of sewer pipe from the hardware store and they get kudos for the effort. I don't get it. The one Nalioth did looks like a monkey with a hammer did it, well....

Edited by jon_in_wv
There are a few other guys who also post on the THR that have taken the time to bash Atlantic Arms, TG, my gun, and to attack me. If you didn't bash me then perhaps I shoudn't have lumped you in there. You did post on the same thread on THR as the others. My only real reference to you was the quick rush to get all excited be I said I THINK Redstick did the conversion ( emphasis on THINK and I also said that Redstick apparantly had a very good reputation and I would be glad if it came from them). It was quickly corrected for everyone to see. I don't even normally post on this forum but OTHERS from THR said I could go on here and find ALL KINDS of negative reviews about the Atlantic Arms Saigas. (I believe redsitck does do the FULL conversions, if not, EXCUUUUUSE MEEEEEEE)

I checked here first before buying the dang thing. My only issue is that I could care less what a bunch of dufusses say about my Saiga but when they start posting MY photo and bashing it, I'm going to defend it. Christ you would think I spent their money on it the way some of these guys cry. Heck I wouldn't even have given a crap in the first place but they troll every dang thread I post on like school girls with a crush.

To be fair also, you started the thread, questioning what I said. You shouldn't get too bent if I choose to say something about it. It wasn't even your comments that got me worked up.

Ugly as it is it works like the blazes and I haven't found a reason to change it. No one has offered one single other criticism of it that held water so I'm satisfied. I could have spent a lot more and gotten one from Redstick and I'm sure it would have a pretty new bullet guide in it but I seriously doubt it would put holes in paper any better than this one. It certainly wouldn't justify the price difference (FOR ME). I assume Redstick isn't selling them for 549. (More like 639 and you get the bullet guide and a better magazine, I got the weapon, case, and five magazines for 549. I think I could spring for a bullet guide and not consider myself a "poor SOB" like was said earlier)

Once again 22 shooter my apologies and I hope there are no hard feelings on your part.

Hell you can find pics of guys making bullet guides out of sewer pipe from the hardware store and they get kudos for the effort. I don't get it. The one Nalioth did looks like a monkey with a hammer did it, well....

No hard feelings at all man. I didn't bash your gun or Atlantic, that's why I replied and asked you to show me where I did.

Like I said, I asked here because I knew someone would probably know if Redstick did it or not, not to smack-talk your new Saiga.

I'm glad there's yet another happy Saiga owner, regardless who did work on it. If it shoots good, and you're happy with it, then that's all there is to it.

I think some of the hooplah over the bullet guide is that it's not something one would expect to see in a professionally converted Saiga. That's all. But like I said, if it shoots good, then who cares?

Happy shootin'! :D