Saiga .308 pistol grip nut cutout?

I am purchasing my first Saiga, a .308, soon and am preparing to convert it. From my understanding under the trigger guard plate there is the hole for the new trigger, is this correct? Also, I have heard that not all Saigas already have a hole for the pistol grip nut. Does the .308 version have this cutout already?

I am purchasing my first Saiga, a .308, soon and am preparing to convert it. From my understanding under the trigger guard plate there is the hole for the new trigger, is this correct? Also, I have heard that not all Saigas already have a hole for the pistol grip nut. Does the .308 version have this cutout already?

1. Yes, the hole is covered under the plate on the bottom of the receiver

2. Mine needed to have it cut (pg attachment hole). I did it with a triangle file made for guitar fret filing, but it is easier I am sure with a dremel attachment of some sort. Not sure if all .308's need this cut or not.

My 308 already had the hole, it was actually part of the hole for the original trigger. If its not there you should be able to open it up with a small file. My 12 gauge didn't have a hole at all. I got a template from an AK site, don't remember which one, marked off the bottom of the receiver and drilled four small holes in the corners and used a file to square it off. If you have to measure it go from the trigger hole to the pg hole. The receiver is not the same length as an AK so if you measure from the back of the receiver your hole might not end up in the right place.

Mine needed the hole to be cut. It needed to go right where the trigger cut was in the unconverted state, so I just widenened the trigger cut in the right place with a small triangle file that is meant for guitar fret filing.

ETA: woops. Did threads get merged, or did i answer twice lol?

Edited by LKB3rd