Mounted a cheap Chinese made Holo sight the other day. Went to the range this evening after roughly sighting it in in the back yard.

At the range got it sighted pretty good at 100yrds. (well good for me anyways) After five or six shots I decided to slam a 30 rounder in and empty it as fast as could and still try and hit the target.

Seems i overlooked one part of the instructions on the sight. There is a tiny little set screw you're supposed to tighten down to lock the adjustment of the sight. :ded:

Only 10 shots got inside the 6 inch circle on my target. The rest didn't even hit paper. I thought that maybe I had just nto been able to aim well enough or something. Until I reloaded and did single shots checking with my spotting scope. Hell i couldn't even hit the paper. :cryss: I was starting to freak out until I noticed the alen screw about to fall out of the sight. :unsure:

Left the range disgusted with myself. But at least it gives me an excuse to return tomorrow. :devil:

Oh yeah... I'm digging the sight too. Makes it easy as hell for me to sight with one eye and keep the other eye open. Something I've never been able to do with conventional sights.

jeff

I got an el cheapo red/green one on Ebay and it has held up well so far.

I have about 150 rounds through the S12 with it.

See my updated pics in the S12 pics thread.

Edited by Gas Giant

Please please post detailed pics of the sight you got. I'm in the process of tracking down the different kinds on ebay. Could you take a couple of different angle pics and a pic of the bottom with the cover and battery removed showing the electronics?

Pleeeease? :D

I've looked on the net for my particular sight and can't find one. I'll get my daughter's Camera tomorrow and post some pics of the sight and the Box it came in. I picked it up at a local pawn shop for $25 plus tax.

jeff