51 replies to this topic

#1 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:41 PM

http://www.gunsnet.n...highlight=tapco

HAVE FUN!!
Come on dudes make one for your SAIGA 12 you"ll love it!
Let me know how it goes

Hers the prototype version

Edited by jon36, 08 June 2008 - 06:47 PM.

#2 Dancing Bear

Dancing Bear

The Other White Meat

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:51 PM

No offense, but isn't bumping something you outgrow?
NOTICE: This post is not for use by anyone in TN. View at your own risk!

#3 superhawk138

superhawk138

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

Cool but doesn't help are case with gun laws. I hope they don't call it a "shoestring"

#4 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

Cool but doesn't help are case with gun laws. I hope they don't call it a "shoestring"

...or an Akins Accelerator ?
"Tactical" is a mindset, not an equipment list.

#5 -Indy-

-Indy-

Weapons GURU

• Super Moderator
  • 9,982 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

I feel bad for the blobman... he cant get the "gas tube cover" off... just doesnt see how... :unsure: :unsure:

:smoke:
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
~ Thomas Jefferson

It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it, hath it not.
Jeremy Taylor
English prelate (1613 - 1667)

"The AG has determined that you're a potential terrorist, because only potential terrorists are interested in buying guns."

#6 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:20 PM

Hell no, if you could do it you would not want to stop, its a total rush,it almost like the real thing .Not many people can do this from the shoulder,the ones ive been around. your only shooting one bullet at a time it works off recoil,

#7 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

Its all off recoil ,nothing has been altered in the rifle itself ,thats a big no no there!

#8 Cobra's Custom LLC

Cobra's Custom LLC

Custom Parts and Parts Service

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,329 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:23 PM

Outgrow bumping? Oh C'mon Will! How old were you when you stopped masturbating??....oops!...nevermind! :haha:

imag036.GIF

- Bolt & Carrier Mods and Polishing > http://www.Cobras-Custom.com <

Details on Cobra's Custom ReliabilitySystem >> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/90388-new-ak-saiga-vepr-bolt-and-trigger-service-no-extra-waiting/

Our Sub Forum - COBRA'S CUSTOM LLC
IMPROVISE! ADAPT! OVERCOME!

#9 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Outgrow bumping? Oh C'mon Will! How old were you when you stopped masturbating??....oops!...nevermind! :haha:

Edited by jon36, 08 June 2008 - 06:02 PM.

#10 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Its all off recoil ,nothing has been altered in the rifle itself ,thats a big no no there!

Y'all google "Akins Accelerator".

It was a stock just like this one for the Ruger 10/22. Nothing on the rifle was modified, it was all done with the special spring loaded stock.

The alphabet boys declared it a machine gun and confiscated all that were sold.

#11 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:32 PM

It was a stock just like this one for the Ruger 10/22. Nothing on the rifle was modified, it was all done with the special spring loaded stock.

So what about the tac-trigger and rubber band technique,gat trigger, hellstorm?

#12 John_pro2a

John_pro2a

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:35 PM

Wrong, it's totally different.

Atkins = reciever moving within the stock
This mod = stock collapsing under recoil.

If they ban this mod, they must also ban Knox Stocks... but Knox is WELL established.

#13 John_pro2a

John_pro2a

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hey I still jerkoff when my girlfreinds not around to get me off ,Ill admit it, whats wrong with bump firing , bumpfiring from the waist anyone can do but i challenge you to try it from the shoulder,there is a technique behind it

http://www.poormansmachinegun.com/

#14 superhawk138

superhawk138

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:44 PM

Im not saying that its not fun as hell to dump a mag like that, Hell I bumped my S-12 a few times today, but the principal is just about the same as the Atkins. Both actions are on a spring loaded mechanism. Soon you will see bumpfiring "assistants" banned as well.

#15 Thumbhole

Thumbhole

Weapons Grade Stupid

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:50 PM

I believe that the reason the BATF came down on the Akins Accelerator is because there was a rest for your finger that put it in the perfect spot and held it there. It made bump firing no longer a skill or a technique. Do I think they were right? Definitely not, it was still one bullet per trigger pull, but I don't make the rules and the BATF doesn't follow them anyway. Now, on to the link..
The preceding post is a work of fiction.

#16 Cobra's Custom LLC

Cobra's Custom LLC

Custom Parts and Parts Service

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,329 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

I just love it when someone starts a thread, and then goes back and edits out the main body of the first post.... :rolleyes:

imag036.GIF

- Bolt & Carrier Mods and Polishing > http://www.Cobras-Custom.com <

Details on Cobra's Custom ReliabilitySystem >> http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/90388-new-ak-saiga-vepr-bolt-and-trigger-service-no-extra-waiting/

Our Sub Forum - COBRA'S CUSTOM LLC
IMPROVISE! ADAPT! OVERCOME!

#17 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

I just love it when someone starts a thread, and then goes back and edits out the main body of the first post.... :rolleyes:

sorry dude, i think some people were pissed at what i had to offer,so screw it

#18 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:32 PM

Not at all, just comparing it to a well known product that had a short legal lifespan.

I think it's cool, actually. Something a Crapco T6 buttstock is actually good for.

I also think that if you take your nice springy-stock and have it on your .223 or 7.62x39 Saiga and "have it run almost like the real thing", in front of the wrong people, the fecal matter will be hittin' the oscillation.... ( sad, but true )

Edited by nalioth, 07 June 2008 - 11:33 PM.

#19 waltham_41

waltham_41

Citizen

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

I would like to bump fire a mag or drum one time. Have never tried it on any weapon, and the S12 shotty would be the most fun I think
FFL01 Dealer, Muskogee Ok area.

www.pandcfirearms.com

#20 Vultite

Vultite

Bastard

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:35 PM

well, its easier to have an assist to bump fire, but u can get a techique down with just your finger, shoulder bump firing is pretty accurate as long as your gun and yourself are up to par.....and who outgrows its? its like outgrowing sex or breathing.....just doesn't happen ;)
People shouldn't be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people.

#21 nalioth

nalioth

Citizen Soldier

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:36 PM

Hey, if anything, it would make a damned fine recoil reducer. <wink>

#22 jon36

jon36

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 11:36 PM

Not at all, just comparing it to a well known product that had a short legal lifespan.

I think it's cool, actually. Something a Crapco T6 buttstock is actually good for.

I also think that if you take your nice springy-stock and have it on your .223 or 7.62x39 Saiga and "have it run almost like the real thing", in front of the wrong people, the fecal matter will be hittin' the oscillation.... ( sad, but true )

Ive done it in front of the STATE POLICE,couple of NATIONAL Guard dudes at the shooting range and my sisters boyfreind is a cop he has seen it too,nobody really says anything

#23 nicklebon

nicklebon

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 11:33 AM

Given a large enough population some people will always be pissed about anything. Doesn't mean you have to compromise your position. You offered information some people liked it others didn't. You could offer free gold ingots to everyone at work and after 3 or so days someone would complain that they were:

1. too heavy
2. too hard to sell
3. Not <insert other valuable item here>

In short .... fug em
Some things are just plain better when they are pickled.

#24 Dancing Bear

Dancing Bear

The Other White Meat

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,307 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

I have a wife and a girlfriend for that! :haha:
NOTICE: This post is not for use by anyone in TN. View at your own risk!

#25 saiga12fan

saiga12fan

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

Thanx jon. Anything to make my saiga funner is OK w/me. But I don't need to know about your self satisfying habits - WAY TOO MUCH information. FMJ.
Glock 21/23, DE .50, Walther P22, TEC-22, Bersa .380, .22 PENGUN, Bushmaster, SKS, Mosin Nagant, SAR-1, AKS-47S, AKS-74U, Marlin .22, Tromix Saiga-12. All Shooters Biatch! -FRANKY.J.-

#26 Azrial

Azrial

A Riddle, Wrapped in a Mystery, Inside an Enigma

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,534 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

I am not trying to crap on your idea either, but it is similar to several products that have already been banned.

Being established has little to do with it, look up the open bolt Mac 10, Street Sweeper and the Spitfire Carbine for reference if the ones already quoted don't convince you. They all had an advantage that your idea does not, they had all been previously approved by the BATF.

I am sorry, but I think that this entire thread should be round filed.

Besides, speaking from experience, the only folks that think that these schemes are as much fun as the real thing, have never tried the real thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - I stand with Arizona!

Proud Member of the Top 10 9 posters of all time!

IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY Azrial's comments are provided solely to reform, chastise, or replace existing opinions. Inasmuch, Azrial holds no title to said Azrial comments IF Azrial comments are used only for non-profitable thought enhancement. Any other use of Azrial comments are strictly forbidden without the expressed written permission of Azrial. In so obtaining said permission you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth in binding contract. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you may not copy, repeat, modify, think, or in any way use Azrial comments. Once contracted, unless you acquired the Azrial comments on external media, you may make a single copy of the Azrial comments solely for archival purposes or rethinking of the Azrial comments in the same context that the Azrial comments were previously expressed. Azrial retains all right, title, and interest in and to the Azrial comments. All rights not granted are reserved by Azrial. THE LIMITED WARRANTY (IF ANY) INCLUDED IN THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS APPLIES TO THE AZRIAL COMMENTS PROVIDED THE AZRIAL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN LICENSED BY YOU WITHIN THE TERM OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY OF THE APPLICABLE AZRIAL COMMENTS IF APPLICABLE.

#27 saiga12fan

saiga12fan

Executive Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

I am not trying to crap on your idea either, but it is similar to several products that have already been banned.

Being established has little to do with it, look up the open bolt Mac 10, Street Sweeper and the Spitfire Carbine for reference if the ones already quoted don't convince you. They all had an advantage that your idea does not, they had all been previously approved by the BATF.

I am sorry, but I think that this entire thread should be round filed.

Besides, speaking from experience, the only folks that think that these schemes are as much fun as the real thing, have never tried the real thing.

For those that can't afford "The Real Thing". I think it's a great idea. FMJ.
Glock 21/23, DE .50, Walther P22, TEC-22, Bersa .380, .22 PENGUN, Bushmaster, SKS, Mosin Nagant, SAR-1, AKS-47S, AKS-74U, Marlin .22, Tromix Saiga-12. All Shooters Biatch! -FRANKY.J.-

#28 Racegal20

Racegal20

Top Member

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

I have a wife and a girlfriend for that! :haha:

HUH? :unsure:
Cobra's Custom Parts and Accessories

Every day above ground is a good day.

#29 HogBlaster

HogBlaster

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

I almost got caught up in that,I was a beta tester for the akins accelerator 1 week before the ruling i was offered a outragous sum of money for mine... I sold it, Glad I did!!!!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

#30 Thumbhole

Thumbhole

Weapons Grade Stupid

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 06:20 PM

There are several spring loaded products similar to this that are sold as a recoil absorbers. I don't see a legal problem with this mod at all. I mean, it serves more than one purpose. They might as well ban the Enidine recoil absorbers, Knoxx stocks and recoil pads because they give a little and might make bump-firing easier. Bump-firing is legal as long as it takes skill to do so. The Akins Accelerator was ruled a machine gun because it had a finger rest and a grip that stayed stationary and made bump firing so simple that it no longer required skill. After watching the poormansmachinegun.com videos, I would consider bump firing. Will it be the same as owning a true FA? Of coarse not, but I also could save $7-$14K and still be fairly accurate. I have a "cheap" SMG but that is the only FA that I think that I will ever own, the gun + ammo is too expensive!
The preceding post is a work of fiction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users