Heres how to make the bumpfire stock like mine

No offense, but isn't bumping something you outgrow?

Outgrow bumping? Oh C'mon Will! How old were you when you stopped masturbating??....oops!...nevermind! :haha:

Thy both revolve around economics. The more money I have, The more I can bump & the less need for the other 'cuz the wife is happy!

Well I gotta say....Juggs, that's a much better answer than the wife AND G/F thing... :eek:

Good answer. Smart man. ;)

No wories, Will's G.F. is no threat to his marrage!

Sock_Puppet_3_small.jpg

I have had people ask me what my class III weapon was when they heard me bumping my firearms in the past. My finger is my full auto device! Lucky me, I have extras in case one is confiscated!

Since this stock modification is not something being marketed "as is" to the masses as a full auto alternative, the ATF will not likely take notice like they did on the Akins Accelerator. If TAPCO marketed this as a legal full auto conversion equivalent, it would likely raise an eyebrow.

However, if the government wants to convict you on something, they can say that because you have a shoestring on your shoe and a semi-auto, you had the intent to manufacture a full auto device and you were in possession (WACO?)! The laws are vague enough that if they want you, they will find something you are violating. Hell, if I have a Glock with a rail and a pistol grip (not assembled), then I could potentially be arrested for having the "intent" to manufacture an AOW (take a look at the fine print on the MAKO magazine grip).

I abide by the laws, but am not going to live in fear of my government or the ATF...

RE: Glock rails and extra grips.

The ruling is pretty clear on this one. If you have a long gun that can accept the grip, then you can not be held for constructive intent for AOWing the Glock just by simple possession of the two items. If you only have pistols and the grip, then yes you could get pinched for constructive intent.

Read the Thompson cases for clarification on this.

Not trying to derail this into a law discussion (but thanks for clarification Click Click Doh), I am just appreciative of people sharing ideas and mods like this. It is the reason why I keep coming to this forum.

I just think that the naysayers may be over-reacting. I can't count how many non-922r comnpliant guns I see everytime I go to a gunshow (SKS's are rampantly in illegal setups). A friend of mine won a FAL on a board and it didn't have a single U.S. part with a post '89 Imbel receiver and it was built by an FFL dealer!

My take is that the ATF has its hands full if they really start going out making examples of everyone who bumpfires especially since the trigger accessories that "convert your semi to full auto" are basically just bumpfire enhancements similar to a home-made spring stock... If you look on Youtube, you can watch a guy put rubber bands on his AR to enhance bumpfiring. It's very prevalent.

The law basically states that you can't modify a gun so that one pull yields more than one round down range. There are examples where they have ruled on grey areas like the Akins, but they also notified everyone that they had to return the "full auto" spring that goes into the stock (the evil spring being the actual machine gun, kind of like the evil full auto shoelaces). If this stock setup ever gets ruled to be a machine gun, simply take out the added spring and you still have a functional stock! No Problem! AR stocks and springs are cheap!

I think I will personally get the Enidine tube in lieu of trying this, but it is nice to know of this cheap and simple way to enhance the fun factor of your Saiga when going to the range!

And everyone knows that these laws are only in place to protect us and save our lives! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Y'all google "Akins Accelerator".

It was a stock just like this one for the Ruger 10/22. Nothing on the rifle was modified, it was all done with the special spring loaded stock.

The alphabet boys declared it a machine gun and confiscated all that were sold.

Actually, they only requested that you send in the spring the operated the unit. The stock and mechanism is still in the owners hands.

Very nice.

However, the presence of the spring causes it to advance into patent infringement and ATF territory.

The ATF made Akins Accelerator owners remove the spring and send it in. If this device did not have a spring, it would be legal. Now, it is in a gray area. Gray Area = Prosecution.

My advice: take the spring out and destroy it.

Also, if he finds out about it, Bill Akins will be contacting you about patent infringement. I know someone this happened to.

Not trying to derail this into a law discussion (but thanks for clarification Click Click Doh), I am just appreciative of people sharing ideas and mods like this. It is the reason why I keep coming to this forum.

I just think that the naysayers may be over-reacting. I can't count how many non-922r comnpliant guns I see everytime I go to a gunshow (SKS's are rampantly in illegal setups). A friend of mine won a FAL on a board and it didn't have a single U.S. part with a post '89 Imbel receiver and it was built by an FFL dealer!

My take is that the ATF has its hands full if they really start going out making examples of everyone who bumpfires especially since the trigger accessories that "convert your semi to full auto" are basically just bumpfire enhancements similar to a home-made spring stock... If you look on Youtube, you can watch a guy put rubber bands on his AR to enhance bumpfiring. It's very prevalent.

The law basically states that you can't modify a gun so that one pull yields more than one round down range. There are examples where they have ruled on grey areas like the Akins, but they also notified everyone that they had to return the "full auto" spring that goes into the stock (the evil spring being the actual machine gun, kind of like the evil full auto shoelaces). If this stock setup ever gets ruled to be a machine gun, simply take out the added spring and you still have a functional stock! No Problem! AR stocks and springs are cheap!

I think I will personally get the Enidine tube in lieu of trying this, but it is nice to know of this cheap and simple way to enhance the fun factor of your Saiga when going to the range!

And everyone knows that these laws are only in place to protect us and save our lives! :lolol::lolol::lolol:

The ATF only gets involved if the device works. If those "hellfire" thingies worked better than just regular bump firing, the ATF would outlaw them.

Very nice.

However, the presence of the spring causes it to advance into patent infringement and ATF territory.

The ATF made Akins Accelerator owners remove the spring and send it in. If this device did not have a spring, it would be legal. Now, it is in a gray area. Gray Area = Prosecution.

Also, if he finds out about it, Bill Akins will be contacting you about patent infringement. I know someone this happened to.

I did not come up with those specs sombody else did on that gunsite ,I just read them and created my own bumpstock just like thousand other peolple did

I had no idea that this type of bumpfire even existed till i read it

It's not patent infringement. It's certainly more than 20% different than Bill's invention. Furthermore, if he's not marketing it it doesn't apply anyway. This is simply bumpfire.

Bill Atkins is in the process of suing the F-troop right now:

http://www.georgiapacking.org/docs/akins2/...20Complaint.pdf

The law basically states that you can't modify a gun so that one pull yields more than one round down range

It doesn't make the gun fire more than once per trigger pull. You are physically pulling the trigger every single time. Putting a rubber band on the AR trigger is thee equivalent of putting a slighter stronger return spring on the trigger--that's it.

Come to think of it. I don't give a Fuck what anyone else says. This T-6 thing is the shite. Thanks for bringing it to our forum. :super: FMJ.

Hey, I didn't say it wasn't great.

I have built "bump stick" type devices and they are a HOOT.

I was just pointing out the possible pitfalls.

YMMV and all that.

Come to think of it. I don't give a Fuck what anyone else says. This T-6 thing is the shite. Thanks for bringing it to our forum. :super: FMJ.

Here, Here! I

I guess all of us non-class III accessible folks can play with our toys... I am just not cool enough to spend $15,000 on a real gun!

Cost of Buffer Spring $10

Cost of Tapco Stock $45

Cost of Butt Pad $10

Total cost $65

Gee, I guess the cool factor and a high and mighty attitude is definitely worth the extra $14,935! Maybe that extra money would make me cool enough to have a wife AND a girlfriend so I can forever put away the happy sock! :lolol::lolol:

has any one made one yet.and if so what kind of hardware spring should I use.Does it really work.getting ready for the 4th of july

There is a link on the first page with other links containing more info and videos. FMJ.

• 7 months later...

The only difference between this and the Akins is the Akins had a trigger finger rest. I'm not sure if the ATF would classify this like they did the Akins or not. I can see it being a "recoil absorber", but if it's marketed or presented as a bumpfire enhancher, that will likely bring more attention to it from them.

I personally enjoy full auto, when I can afford the ammo and my Class 3 buddy comes over. I've developed a rapid fire technique though that doesn't require any add ons or trigger attachments. Probably like what Gibbles calls finger banging. See the video

Corbin

Well with an AK/S12 it has enough recoil to help out with the trigger pulls.

I can do a good three round burst with my finger and while holding it normal and on target with an AR, it's a lot eaiser with an AK or S12 but harder to stay on target.

Practice your double taps then start working on three then four... with my AR if I do it to fast I can pull the trigger faster than it can cycle, I have to get a rhythm going then I can time it perfect.

And I had a guy that thought I had a FA AR until I let him have a go with my rifle, it's a lot more fun when you can stay on target.

I have a harder time with my S12 due to the recoil, and that sucker starts to climb, but I can do a nice double tap and kinda stay on target :)

There was a guy on youtube with a 9mm AR that did it perfect, better than I can.