This may be something everyone needs to know.

Albany State University Police Department

Summer Safety Alert

Methamphetamine cooks are buying propane tanks from the exchanges at

Wal-Mart, Kroger, and emptying them of the propane gas. Then they fill

the propane tanks with anhydrous ammonia, which they now have a recipe

to cook Methamphetamine. After they are finished with the propane

tanks, they return them to the store. The stores refill the tanks with

propane gas, unknowing to them the improper substance that was inserted

in the tanks and sell them to their consumers. Anhydrous ammonia is

very corrosive and weakens the structure of the tank. It can be very

dangerous when mixed with propane gas and hooked up to a grill,

recreation vehicle, etc.

You should inspect the propane tank for any blue or greenish residue

around the valve areas. If there are evidences of these substances, do

not purchase the propane tank and advise the vendor of your findings.

The information was researched, and you should check out the following

website for more details. They also have pictures for you to view.

http://www.npga.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=529

You can save a whole lot of money by NOT doing a tank exchange. Take your "Blue Rhino" tank to a propane fill station and pay $11 to top it off vs. turning in a 1/3 full tank and paying $18 for a full one.

Why the f would they do this? I didn't see a reason anywhere in the bulletin. Other than domestic terrorism?

Why the f would they do this? I didn't see a reason anywhere in the bulletin. Other than domestic terrorism?

I was kinda wondering that myself. The way I figure is these guys make that poison and sell it to make money. They obviously don't care about people. The article said this stuff is corrosive. They probably use it a few times until they think it might be dangerous to them. Then they turn the tanks back in to save a few bucks. That's the only reason I can think of to do it.

I was kinda wondering that myself. The way I figure is these guys make that poison and sell it to make money. They obviously don't care about people. The article said this stuff is corrosive. They probably use it a few times until they think it might be dangerous to them. Then they turn the tanks back in to save a few bucks. That's the only reason I can think of to do it.

I see, I misunderstood, they're using the ammonia for production, I thought it was a byproduct of the process and they were filling it just to be shitty.

We could solve the meth problem in this country by having a pharamceutical lab cook up 10 tons of pure meth, and then cut it 50/50 with rat poison. Distribute this meth and announce on the news what was done. Within a few months. no one will know whether or not the meth they are buying was tainted or not. Darwin will weed out the stupid ones real quick.

Given my choice, I'd annihilate the manufactures of this poison. I personally have more sympathy for those that become addicted that those that manufacture the addition just to make a buc.

Look for greenish discoloration of the brass as byproduct of its interaction with the anhydrous ammonia. If you think that you have found a tank still partly filled with anhydrous ammonia please leave it be. If it ruptures it will blind you for life.

Look for greenish discoloration of the brass as byproduct of its interaction with the anhydrous ammonia. If you think that you have found a tank still partly filled with anhydrous ammonia please leave it be. If it ruptures it will blind you for life.

Needless to say it's not exactly good for your lungs either.