It's the little things that count

It's the little things that make the difference. I love my Saiga. One of the things I love about it is the ability to add attachments and make changes easily. The one thing I did not like about my Saiga was the front factory sight. I recently purchased a front sight from Dinzag. I must say the fit and finish is great. It really looks like it belongs on the shottie. I have a Russian clamp on for my 410 but the new front sight for Ivan is a cut above. Attached is a photo of the two together. The Dinzag sight really looks "factory". Come to think of it the muzzle brake on the 410 is a Dinzag item as well. I great person to deal with.

Another bonus to this sight is that I can now index my Shark brake correctly. I often switch between my Shark and the factory chokes. One of the problems I had was getting the shark to index correctly. Not a problem now. When I installed the new sight I put the shark brake on and turned it back a quarter turn. I then installed the sight by gently pushing it up to the end of the brake. I set the screw on the sight and then I tightened up the shark brake to be indexed correctly. It is now snug and correct. I can now easily switch between the shark and the chokes. :smoke:

Another item I recently acquired was a clear mag from AGP. With the new front sight and clear mag Ivan is a new man. So I add a couple of small items and its like I have a new gun. So my question to all you Saiga owners is this: What small item or change did you make to your S-12 that made the biggest difference to you?

post-4575-1213154902_thumb.jpg

post-4575-1213155024_thumb.jpg

It's the little things that make the difference. I love my Saiga. One of the things I love about it is the ability to add attachments and make changes easily. The one thing I did not like about my Saiga was the front factory sight. I recently purchased a front sight from Dinzag. I must say the fit and finish is great. It really looks like it belongs on the shottie. I have a Russian clamp on for my 410 but the new front sight for Ivan is a cut above. Attached is a photo of the two together. The Dinzag sight really looks "factory". Come to think of it the muzzle brake on the 410 is a Dinzag item as well. I great person to deal with.

Another bonus to this sight is that I can now index my Shark brake correctly. I often switch between my Shark and the factory chokes. One of the problems I had was getting the shark to index correctly. Not a problem now. When I installed the new sight I put the shark brake on and turned it back a quarter turn. I then installed the sight by gently pushing it up to the end of the brake. I set the screw on the sight and then I tightened up the shark brake to be indexed correctly. It is now snug and correct. I can now easily switch between the shark and the chokes. :smoke:

Another item I recently acquired was a clear mag from AGP. With the new front sight and clear mag Ivan is a new man. So I add a couple of small items and its like I have a new gun. So my question to all you Saiga owners is this: What small item or change did you make to your S-12 that made the biggest difference to you?

I usually upgrade to the larger fries and 32 oz soda for an additional 0.89 cents at DAIRY QUEEN

Edited by jon36

The best upgrade hands down is simply the "conversion" (922r compliant of course). That says it all.

Past that, I would have to say the Tromix Shark Brake.

That motivator tip and blast deflection is simply the best.

~S

The conversion was the biggest difference for me. Now I have one converted and one not. I want to convert the second, I just need a pistol grip and stock. Just waiting until I can afford a nice in-receiver folding mechanism and m4 type collapsable stock. next was converting the gas system and making that front rail guard. so many more upgrades and all summer to do them. Yeahhhh!!!

just hope that the next prez is tied up more with the economy and the war than messing with our gun rights.

I think the limb saver was the best bang for buck mod. AGP mags are a must for the kind of shooting I do lol.

The conversion was a great mod.

I'm on the fence about the poly choke. I leave it set to Slug anyhow...

I like the krebs sights, but I want to cut the top of the rear ghost ring open.

I have two TROMIX S-12 conversions, so I started with top of the line stuff to begin with............

By far and away, my favorite mod is the TROMIX Short Throw/Reset trigger !!! Both guns were mind-boggling weapons off the top when I got them, but the SRT mod just made the SBS run wild !! A truly amazing difference !! (....from a 1/2" pull to a 3/32" pull !!!!) I still have to get the SRT on the green TROMIX, and I'm certainly going to have that done as soon as I can get it arranged !!!

post-3950-1213225104_thumb.jpg

Three general favorites are the PolyChoke, the Russian Saiga ergo grip, and the Russian 8 rounder. On my want list is a MD magwell and a Mid barrel compensator if Mike and Wakal decide to release them (even in a limited run)

Edited by 6500rpm
I haven't added any "upgrades" (mine is converted) but when I get a LRBHO I know that will make a world of difference.

Last Round Bolt Hold Open! Yeeessssss! That just might be my next mod. A Saiga-12 is never really finished!

Hopefully I will get to try the new sight on Saturday!