Bad review of a Saiga

this review has been posted here before...fortunately its the ONLY bad review i have seen about a Saiga in the last couple years....a couple things you might want to look at..in the pic. of the gun , the recoil spring rod , which holds the 'errant' cover on , is clearly not assembled correctly....and the article states that instead of even attempting to find a cause for the fault they experienced , they simply 'dropped the guns testing and slapped a label on it'(not in those exact words , but you get the idea..)....sounds like a biased report , to me at least , especially considering the fact that in this forum alone we have ( how many? ) Saiga owners who have never had a similar problem ( or even a major glitch ) in the YEARS that they have owned and used them....personally i would expect a "professional gun tester" to at least come up with a reason he thought was the cause of the problem or at the VERY least know , and state in his review , that the gun 'was in fact' assembled correctly IN THE FIRST PLACE (especially an AK type reciever , not too complex of an assembly ) before trying to fire it....i mean c'mon , do you know anyone who has any knowledge of guns who would just pick up an imported gun fresh out of the crate , load and fire it without dissassembling it and cleaning it first?..the impression i get from that article is that he never even bothered to look at it...apparently we are supposed to just ASSUME that the writer of this article ( or at least SOMEONE ) has done the basic safety checks and cleaning , because THAT is NOT stated....im surprised we havent seen a follow-up article on this yet , but i suppose he has already cashed the check he got for his "professional" opinion.....lol.....

just FYI...anyone interested in reading a detailed test of the Saiga..check out pg5 of this forum , title "Saiga 12 article II"...but be aware that the gas chamber setting is actually mis-stated , setting #1 is for 3in. magnums , #2 for 2 3/4in. rounds...also , the bolt catches are now factory standard on some models (check with your dealer to be sure you are getting one )...

Edited by Silverfox

It amazes me that the nimrods at Gun Tests still have that lame excuse of a shotgun test still on their website. I read it again from time to time just for some comic relief when I am stressed at work and need a laugh.

The part of the whole "Test" that does concern me is that someone is letting those "evaluators" have firearms and ammo unsupervised. Now that is downright scary when you think about it!!

Ronswin

I saw the Valtro shotgun at the Shot Show in Orlando last winter. They had the Gun Test reports on hand. They also had 7 or 8 rd mags in the shotgun. I asked them if it was legal to import like that & they said they didn't know. Kind of funny, an asian guy selling a Spanish gun to an American market, totally unaware of the '94 awb.

Valtro is a pump-action shotgun and not affected by the AWB....

the people at GunTests are complete imbeciles! I sent them a email not long ago offering my services and expertise since their staff has such limited experience with most firearms. This is clearly evident from just reading their reports.

I never even received a reply back....

I would never take their word on a evaluation of ANY firearm !

USMC_LB