FBMG mag availability?

I think FBMG is done. They are still selling what they have in stock if you call them. A company that makes high-capacity gun mags would NOT be absent for this long WITH the elections coming in NOVEMBER (read surething AWB ban looming very shortly) if they have half a brain UNLESS they were in serious trouble. If you want a FBMG mag (they are the best) call them now while they still may have some stock.

Edited by GreenEye
I just talked to James and he said that FBMG just moved into a new 10,000 sq/ft facility with a 20 lane shooting range.

Sounds like they are doing well to me.

Tony

Any business that has basically been OUT of business for months now doesn't sound well to me, but opinions will vary. I personally hope they go BACK in business as I have used both surefire and FBMG mags and PREFER FBMG.

Edited by GreenEye

We're open. The business is doing fine. You can call 801-571-1160 and place your order over the phone.

The webpage went down, (the old one sucked) and the plan was to have the new one up shortly. That of course, didn't work out as planned. The new page is almost done, and right now we're just uploading products to the shopping cart. It should probably be up by this weekend if everything goes according to plan. That's what happens when you have a business made up of a bunch of gun experts who know jacksquat about webpages.

We moved from our tiny little location into a 10,000 square foot building a few months ago. We tripled our retail space and inventory in the last couple of months. We're building an indoor shooting range at this location.

And allow me to address this:

I think FBMG is done. They are still selling what they have in stock if you call them. A company that makes high-capacity gun mags would NOT be absent for this long WITH the elections coming in NOVEMBER (read surething AWB ban looming very shortly) if they have half a brain UNLESS they were in serious trouble. If you want a FBMG mag (they are the best) call them now while they still may have some stock.

The Saiga magazines are not our primary business. In fact, they're a tiny part of our overall business. Even then, I've got several hundred magazines in stock as of today, and we've continued selling them, even while the webpage has been down. I don't know about half a brain, but I run with at least my Medula Oblangata and half a cortex on any given day. As for our mags being the best, thanks.

I doubt that...

FBMG has always treated me well, and they commented not too long ago about expanding their business. They posted pictures somewhere around here.

And you are right about their mags. I haven't experienced any luck with surefires in terms of reliability, and the only other absolutely awesome mag I've seen for an S308 was a modified BM59 mag that some guy put a lot of money and time into.

We're open. The business is doing fine. You can call 801-571-1160 and place your order over the phone.

The webpage went down, (the old one sucked) and the plan was to have the new one up shortly. That of course, didn't work out as planned. The new page is almost done, and right now we're just uploading products to the shopping cart. It should probably be up by this weekend if everything goes according to plan. That's what happens when you have a business made up of a bunch of gun experts who know jacksquat about webpages.

We moved from our tiny little location into a 10,000 square foot building a few months ago. We tripled our retail space and inventory in the last couple of months. We're building an indoor shooting range at this location.

And allow me to address this:

The Saiga magazines are not our primary business. In fact, they're a tiny part of our overall business. Even then, I've got several hundred magazines in stock as of today, and we've continued selling them, even while the webpage has been down. I don't know about half a brain, but I run with at least my Medula Oblangata and half a cortex on any given day. As for our mags being the best, thanks.

Hows your book doing, Larry? Where do I order a copy?

The book is actually doing a little too well, so you can't get it anymore. :) Seriously, Monster Hunter International did good enough that I came to the attention of a major publisher. I even managed to get my self published version onto the Entertainment Weekly bestseller list.

I've sold the rights for MHI to Baen books. Their version will come out in 2009 and be available in bookstores everywhere. I'm currently working on part II.

I hate using the phone. Hate it!

Always have. I'd rather do without something than have to use a phone. Even my family bitches at me for not calling enough cause I don't call anyone ever.

Don't know why I hate it so much but I do.

That said I can't wait till the site is back up I want to order some mag bodies :)

I just called and ordered 2 it wasn't that bad. I don't like using the phone either. They said they had 8 left and I got 2. better start dialing.

There was a new guy that took that call. There were that many on the floor. I've got about 200 in back.

The book is actually doing a little too well, so you can't get it anymore. :) Seriously, Monster Hunter International did good enough that I came to the attention of a major publisher. I even managed to get my self published version onto the Entertainment Weekly bestseller list.

I've sold the rights for MHI to Baen books. Their version will come out in 2009 and be available in bookstores everywhere. I'm currently working on part II.

I love Baen! Man, you hit the big time getting in there. Good work, Ill look forward to reading your books.

The book is actually doing a little too well, so you can't get it anymore. :)

I briefly thought about locking my first edition copy in a safe so I could horde it in pristine condition to re-sell later at a stupidly inflated price... but the guys at the office got tired of me telling them how awesome it was and pretty much.. well.. I'll save the ugly details, but they got the book. A few laps of the office later, it now has some character to it. Such is the price to pay for owning a copy of MHI I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I called them last week and they told me they weren't taking orders but their website would be up this week, and taking orders. I haven't followed up on checking their site.

I ordered two magazines last Monday and they arrived by USPS Priority on Wednesday. Impressive. Total cost was $99.

That said, I haven't wrung them out yet.

Edited by Walk-Softly
  • 2 months later...