False Silencers? What's the point?

In looking at Atlantic Firearms, and other sites that sell various products, there are several that have the fake silencers attached. I don't understand the point? I mean, it's not going to make the weapon any quieter, and yes, it gives the gun some more of an authentic or original appearance, like on the H&K Mp5, but I still don't get it?

any feedback that can help me understand this? thanks......... :smoke:

Also....Thinks about something like the MAC series of weapons....It gives you something more substantial as a grip to hold on to. Especially for Full Auto MACs, without any additional paperwork for a real Can.

Agreed. The mp5 style k-grip is a good feel but the big fake can keeps you on target with its weight. I think the clone rifles on atlantic that were meant to be short (mp5, uzi, hk51) but are brought to full 16in by a fake can is better than a long ass barrel.

thumb_uziminirifle.jpg

Edited to add ugly example.

Edited by KySoldier
as far as performance- doesnt the fake suppressor add to the barrel length for added accuracy?

No, It is normally just an unrifled, over bore tube appended to the end of the barrel. It will do nothing for accuracy or velocity.

You need to be careful playing around with fake cans, if your barrel doesn't extend completely through it. You (or the BATFE) can add water to many of those "fake" extensions and it suppresses the sound fairly well. That's possession of an unregistered silencer.

Tony

You need to be careful playing around with fake cans, if your barrel doesn't extend completely through it. You (or the BATFE) can add water to many of those "fake" extensions and it suppresses the sound fairly well. That's possession of an unregistered silencer.

Tony

Don't give some of these guys any ideas :lol: .

dayan, you cant be a "mall ninja" yet! You need a ColdSteel Tanto, single point sling, TapOut shirt, and 30 round Glock magazine.

Then, and only then, are you safe to protect the patrons of HotDog on-a-stick and brave the earth-tone clothing racks at the Gap.

dayan, you cant be a "mall ninja" yet! You need a ColdSteel Tanto, single point sling, TapOut shirt, and 30 round Glock magazine.

Then, and only then, are you safe to protect the patrons of HotDog on-a-stick and brave the earth-tone clothing racks at the Gap.

Whoa, whoa, whoa buddy. I have a Tap Out shirt AND hoodie!!!!!!!! :lol:

The other stuff, yeah, ok, mall ninja. But Tap Out gear? Come on man :D .

Do You follow the mall ninja code?

1) ColdSteel knives are the sharpest knives, and the tantos and gurkahs will cut 30" of rope and easily separate a human torso.

2) When attacked by a street thug, take em down one at a time and make them tap out before they pull out thier knives.

3) When purchasing a gun, always ask the salesman where to get illegal items for it.

4) When the economic depression occurs, you will be sniping people off at 300 yards with your Savage.

3) When the SHTF, your fantacies about helping the police keep order will come true.

4) Shoot em at the door and drag the body into your house, thats what you do to stay out of trouble with the law.

5) You have many relatives and frieinds in special forces and the CIA that have things you can only talk about in "confidence", but post on the internet.

6) You must seriously consider the zombie scenario.

7) During the next riot or huricane, you wont attract too much attention with your tacticol vest full of AR mags and tacticool thigh holster.

8) Never question why the guys at the local gun store whisper and laugh with eachother when you walk in.

9) All your pants have more pockets than a pool table.

10) Never, ever handle a firearm in front of seasoned gun people, they may confuse your unsafe handling of the gun as inexperience.

Tony

Are you talking about a fake suppressor which is bored through just large enough t othread on the barrel, or one that is hollow? It was my understanding the the solid aluminum ones w/ a hole bored through are legal w/o issues, but the other ones can get you in trouble. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Edited by jhereg