I found this bike on Craigslist, and wanna know if it looks like an OK deal (obviously I will check it out in person too). It's local to me, and the price is in my ballpark. But it has almost 13K miles on it. I have no idea how many miles bikes are good for on average :unsure: . Anyway, check it out, and let me know what you think fellas.

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/mcy/719253967.html

12000 miles is a lot for two years on a bike, in my opinion, but the engine should be good for a long, long time if it hasn't been abused. Under $3000 is a pretty good deal and from the first pic, it appears that it's a firefighter selling it, which means that you're probably getting it from an honest guy. I say go for it and don't look back.

Dude......WTF is up with the small print? :unsure:

abuses Well it seems that at the moment the issue with the international inquiry is not on the agenda as such They are to a certain extent open to discuss on expert level the events that took place in Andijan and we have to now see what this amounts to what concrete steps towards that direction could be taken The other issue is they are now willing to engage on human rights to establish some kind of human rights dialogue or regular meetings on human rights issues which in itself is a p) and work began to group and reconstitute the property on the ideal slightly-rising ground The estate was renamed in 1953 and the following year Cantenac wineries were entitled to use the appellation of MargauxSylvester's law of inertia Congruence transformation Eigenvalue Invariant (mathematics) J J Sylvester Linear algebra Matrix (mathematics) Metric signature Non-singular matrix PlanetMath Quadratic form /and transported Marine Corps vehicles from Puerto Rico to Norfolk Local landing exercises and an availability took her into October when the....

:eek:

lol

abuses Well it seems that at the moment the issue with the international inquiry is not on the agenda as such They are to a certain extent open to discuss on expert level the events that took place in Andijan and we have to now see what this amounts to what concrete steps towards that direction could be taken The other issue is they are now willing to engage on human rights to establish some kind of human rights dialogue or regular meetings on human rights issues which in itself is a p) and work began to group and reconstitute the property on the ideal slightly-rising ground The estate was renamed in 1953 and the following year Cantenac wineries were entitled to use the appellation of MargauxSylvester's law of inertia Congruence transformation Eigenvalue Invariant (mathematics) J J Sylvester Linear algebra Matrix (mathematics) Metric signature Non-singular matrix PlanetMath Quadratic form /and transported Marine Corps vehicles from Puerto Rico to Norfolk Local landing exercises and an availability took her into October when the....

lol

That's a incredibly common spammer thing on CL. Lots of times the text will be real small, and white or pale yellow, so you can't see it. I always do a Ctrl+A on Craigslist ads (personals too, but that's not what we're talking about :P ).

Don't get scammed,

Acer

I found this bike on Craigslist, and wanna know if it looks like an OK deal (obviously I will check it out in person too). It's local to me, and the price is in my ballpark. But it has almost 13K miles on it. I have no idea how many miles bikes are good for on average :unsure: . Anyway, check it out, and let me know what you think fellas.

The ad you linked to is dead or has been pulled.

But to answer your question about miles on a motorcycle.

13K is nothing if the bike was halfway taken care of. I average about 25k a year on my bike. I've put well over 100k on three different bikes. Anybody who says 13k is a lot on a 2 year old bike just uses them to bar hop or has some sort of nonfunctional custom eyesore.

Hell My old 94 Yamaha FZR 600 is sitting in my mom and dad's basement with 170k miles on it. I wouldn't hesitate to ride cross country.

jeff

it appears that it's a firefighter selling it, which means that you're probably getting it from an honest guy.

That's exactly what I thought. Then I remembered some of the guys I used to hang out with in highschool, who were volunteer FF's, and then I got scared :lol: .

lol

I know, in the email I sent him last night, I asked "what's up with the weird "story" in the bottom of your ad?".

lol

That's a incredibly common spammer thing on CL. Lots of times the text will be real small, and white or pale yellow, so you can't see it. I always do a Ctrl+A on Craigslist ads (personals too, but that's not what we're talking about :P ).

Don't get scammed,

Acer

Thanks for the heads up. It seemed pretty weird to me.

The ad you linked to is dead or has been pulled.

But to answer your question about miles on a motorcycle.

13K is nothing if the bike was halfway taken care of. I average about 25k a year on my bike. I've put well over 100k on three different bikes. Anybody who says 13k is a lot on a 2 year old bike just uses them to bar hop or has some sort of nonfunctional custom eyesore.

Hell My old 94 Yamaha FZR 600 is sitting in my mom and dad's basement with 170k miles on it. I wouldn't hesitate to ride cross country.

jeff

I see it has been "flagged for removal", so I guess it was a spam ad :cryss: . What's the effin point though? I mean, I'm sure there is a sucker or 2 out there who would send money to the guy to buy it, just from looking at the pics. But I for one, would never buy something like that without checking it out in person. Let alone from Craigslist, which is very anonymous and has no feedback system to tell who's a legit seller.

About the miles: 25K/year???? Lemme guess, you live where it's nice all year round :D . The ad (eventhough it is most likely fake) was for NY, so he could only ride it X amount of months each year, with out NY winters and all.

Damnit! I was talking about this bike with all my buddies today. I got all excited for no reason <_< .

Thanks for the info fellas.

About the miles: 25K/year???? Lemme guess, you live where it's nice all year round :D . The ad (eventhough it is most likely fake) was for NY, so he could only ride it X amount of months each year, with out NY winters and all.

I live in NC. You can get about 9 months of comfortable riding a year. Combine that with my being a poor SOB most of my life and only having a bike for me and car or truck for my wife and you get a lot of miles on a bike. Plus I just like to ride. :super:

If you are looking at modern used sport bikes 13k is nothing. R6s had some issues with 2nd gear in the beginning but I think those were cleared up on later models.

One other thing to look at when looking at modern sport bikes with 10-20k on the clock. Inspect the chain and sprockets. Chances are they will need replaced if they already haven't been. Not a biggy really but it can run you anywhere from $200-$350 depending on the brand and quality you replace them with.

R6 under 3k and only 2 years old? sounds to me like its been laid down or something fishy, but the ad was removed so w/e, and don't buy into that firefighter bs, i'm in EMS and there are a ton of idoits here who beat the piss out of everything they drive (including ems vehicles) and there are a lot of retards who claim to be a FF and aren't. If i were you, i'd look through a cycle trader or go out to dealers and check the used lots, i don't know your experiance riding one but if its your first, the R6 type bikes i wouldn't recommend, i'd go for a SV650 from suzuki or yamaha's FZ6 which is the R6 motor in a friendlier package for new riders

I've seen scammers that were selling bocat's in my area on craigslist at rediculous prices.. When I emailed them they were in Chicago and were gracious enough to pay for shipping to me if I would send them money. I decided to play along and responded asking for an address so I could look at it in person and never got a response.

So I got home from work just now, and checked my email, and the guy replied. I had asked: if he would take a tiny bit less for the bike, because I had cash in hand, I asked where he was located, and I asked what was up with that "story" at the bottom of his ad. Nothing in his email responded to any of the questions. He just said that it was the 2nd time trying to sell the bike, that he had a bad buyer on eBay, and that it was still in eBay's custody. Then went on to say that he would have eBay ship it to me if I wanted it. I'm not buying. But for shits and giggles, I did ask for a link to his ad on eBay, just to see if he responds with one. On top of all the shadiness, the whole email looks as if it were typed by a 10 year old :rolleyes: .

I live in NC. You can get about 9 months of comfortable riding a year. Combine that with my being a poor SOB most of my life and only having a bike for me and car or truck for my wife and you get a lot of miles on a bike. Plus I just like to ride. :super:

If you are looking at modern used sport bikes 13k is nothing. R6s had some issues with 2nd gear in the beginning but I think those were cleared up on later models.

One other thing to look at when looking at modern sport bikes with 10-20k on the clock. Inspect the chain and sprockets. Chances are they will need replaced if they already haven't been. Not a biggy really but it can run you anywhere from $200-$350 depending on the brand and quality you replace them with.

OK, cool. I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking.

R6 under 3k and only 2 years old? sounds to me like its been laid down or something fishy, but the ad was removed so w/e, and don't buy into that firefighter bs, i'm in EMS and there are a ton of idoits here who beat the piss out of everything they drive (including ems vehicles) and there are a lot of retards who claim to be a FF and aren't. If i were you, i'd look through a cycle trader or go out to dealers and check the used lots, i don't know your experiance riding one but if its your first, the R6 type bikes i wouldn't recommend, i'd go for a SV650 from suzuki or yamaha's FZ6 which is the R6 motor in a friendlier package for new riders

Definitely something fishy. A lot of bikes I have found that cheap, all had salvaged/reconstructed titles. But yet this one had a clear title :huh: .

I've seen scammers that were selling bocat's in my area on craigslist at rediculous prices.. When I emailed them they were in Chicago and were gracious enough to pay for shipping to me if I would send them money. I decided to play along and responded asking for an address so I could look at it in person and never got a response.

Sounds kinda like what this guy was going for in the email response I got from him.

I rode an 06 R6 once, that is a tiny bike. I felt like I was perched up on top of the thing, and I'm not even a big guy. They are definitely mean motor scooters, though. I was scared to really romp on the thing because I felt so compromised sitting on top of it, and it felt like it really wanted to open up.